Liberal Doom Bunker: Code Red

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 1

Re: Liberal Doom Bunker: Code Red

Postby zzyzx 1 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:41 am

Big-Will wrote:Now awaiting the triumphant conservative thread.

While we're waiting, this just in from the web site Raw Story:

Robo-call tells voters they need proof of home ownership to vote

By Eric W. Dolan
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010 -- 9:57 am

Falsely declares election on Wednesday

Kansas Democrats allege that a pro-Republican group is attempting to mislead and intimidate voters with automated telephone calls claiming the election occurs on Wednesday.

The robo-calls tell voters to bring their voter registration card and proof of home-ownership to the polls on Wednesday, November 3rd.
Voters in Kansas are not required to provide those documents to vote and the election occurs on Tuesday, November 2nd. First-time voters only need to bring proof of their name and address, such as a driver's license.

The Kansas Democratic Party claims to have traced the calls to "an as yet unnamed Republican organization."

"There is no place for voter intimidation in our electoral process," said Kansas Democratic Party Chairman Larry Gates. "Every Kansas voter should feel comfortable with their right to cast a ballot and understand tactics like these are lies meant to scare them away from exercising their right."

The state's Attorney General has launched an investigation into the misleading calls.

"We opened an investigation into potential voter intimidation," said Gavin Young, a spokesman for the Attorney General. "In Kansas, misleading individuals about their vote is a felony."

Young said the investigation will continue regardless of what happens after Tuesday's elections.

The Kansas Republican Party denies any involvement with the robo-calls.

"The Kansas Republican Party clearly identifies ourselves at the beginning of every volunteer and robo-call we originate in accordance with state laws," said Ashley McMillan, the executive director of the party.

Kansas Secretary of State Chris Biggs said in a release, "Every eligible Kansas voter should expect to cast their ballot without undue interference, harassment or obstacle on Tuesday, November 2nd."

Link to above story
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:15 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:Now awaiting the triumphant conservative thread.

While we're waiting, this just in from the web site Raw Story:

Robo-call tells voters they need proof of home ownership to vote

By Eric W. Dolan
Tuesday, November 2nd, 2010 -- 9:57 am

Falsely declares election on Wednesday

Kansas Democrats allege that a pro-Republican group is attempting to mislead and intimidate voters with automated telephone calls claiming the election occurs on Wednesday.

The robo-calls tell voters to bring their voter registration card and proof of home-ownership to the polls on Wednesday, November 3rd.
Voters in Kansas are not required to provide those documents to vote and the election occurs on Tuesday, November 2nd. First-time voters only need to bring proof of their name and address, such as a driver's license.

The Kansas Democratic Party claims to have traced the calls to "an as yet unnamed Republican organization."

"There is no place for voter intimidation in our electoral process," said Kansas Democratic Party Chairman Larry Gates. "Every Kansas voter should feel comfortable with their right to cast a ballot and understand tactics like these are lies meant to scare them away from exercising their right."

The state's Attorney General has launched an investigation into the misleading calls.

"We opened an investigation into potential voter intimidation," said Gavin Young, a spokesman for the Attorney General. "In Kansas, misleading individuals about their vote is a felony."

Young said the investigation will continue regardless of what happens after Tuesday's elections.

The Kansas Republican Party denies any involvement with the robo-calls.

"The Kansas Republican Party clearly identifies ourselves at the beginning of every volunteer and robo-call we originate in accordance with state laws," said Ashley McMillan, the executive director of the party.

Kansas Secretary of State Chris Biggs said in a release, "Every eligible Kansas voter should expect to cast their ballot without undue interference, harassment or obstacle on Tuesday, November 2nd."

Link to above story

That's why I never answer those annoying calls about elections...

Anyways, it looks pretty unpredictable right now, but at least the Delaware Tea Party lady isn't winning...at least, I don't think she is.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:48 am

Welp, we're boned.

As if 2 years was enough time to fix the incredible fuckups of the bush regime.

Here's the plan: Abandon all hope. :parishilton:
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:58 am

Pip Tweek wrote:Welp, we're boned.

As if 2 years was enough time to fix the incredible fuckups of the bush regime.

Here's the plan: Abandon all hope. :parishilton:

Captain Hindsight! Where are you? We need you now more than ever!
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:06 am

I'm going to force myself to watch Fox News until I start believing it. Denial is the only way to avoid the pain...

Denial and sedatives.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:33 am

Governor Moonbeam is back. :D
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:04 am

Once again, Gta has taken a thread dramatically out of proportion :roll: Your acting like it's the end of the world :?

No religious shanigians are going to happen. If anything it will be a battle on gun control and immigration that will heat up. Healthcare will take a back seat because unless both parties can sufficently decide to "rid" one or two of the acts of the law than nothing will happen with that until 2012...and by then, we can probably also see the full effects, as horrible and daunting as they could be, or maybe I am over-dramatifying this as well :|

Buenhor will be a good speaker because I think he will be someone actually who can reach around the table and hopefully Obama will wake up and respect him. If he doesn't than nothing will get done.....bills and money will not be passed, and the US will be shitfucked bankrupt worse than Greece! :cry:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 am

Once again, you fail to see hyperbole.

And he already said he will not compromise. So no.

Z, are you still mad at me?
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:18 pm

I found a quote that describes this perfectly.

"I remember hoping that Obama would NOT be elected, not because I didn't want him as president, but because I knew that the short-sighted, greedy, selfish, clamoring American public would not give the man a fair chance. Sometimes I hate being right."

Yeah, as I suspected, the American public has let fear take over their lives. Hell, I go to the basement every time I hear thunder and I'm not nearly as paranoid as the average American.

Oh well. I stopped caring after I realized how much we suck. :|
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:01 pm

Speaker Boehner? Damn. This is the same John Boehner that was passing out checks from tobacco lobbyists on the House floor in the 90's. Seems unfortunately expected in a post-Citizens United world.

I'm gonna miss Russ Feingold up here in Wisconsin. Well it has been a while since this state's richest 2% had someone to represent their interests in the Senate. The new guy's complete lack of experience in elected office means he's going to just be another lap dog for his party and their corporate puppet masters.

This is the only local race I'm really pissed about.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:03 pm

I didn't think separation of church and state was in the constitution (to clarify my earlier post). What bothered me was her even bringing it up, as it was because she was against the separation of church and state and justifying it by saying 'see, it isn't in the constitution!' I probably should have been clearer there.

Anyway, not as huge a GOP gain as I expected.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:07 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:Z, are you still mad at me?

No :)

And btw, I never was :D
evilcupcake72

Postby evilcupcake72 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:15 pm

All I know is if Palin wins in 2010, I'm getting the fuck out of the South

And I love how everyone's talking about Obama being "The worst President in history" when Bush started a War that's been going on for nine years.
PopRocksAndSoda

Back off, snickerdick!
I wanna ride your Rapidash ;D
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:21 pm

The worst president is probably Buchanan, Bush, Pierce, or Ford. Nobody mentions them though, besides Bush, because they're not exciting, having done almost nothing memorable.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:47 pm

Zazaban wrote:The worst president is probably Buchanan, Bush, Pierce, or Ford. Nobody mentions them though, besides Bush, because they're not exciting, having done almost nothing memorable.

I can honestly say that, as a Democrat, I don't like Johnson too much. But there have been at least 20 presidents worse than Obama, and at least one worse than Bush. But, apparently, having Glenn Beck dislike you and being rational makes you the worst president in history, so I guess Obama is.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”