Standard Time Has Returned :)

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 1

Standard Time Has Returned :)

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:15 am

Hi all :D

One of the shortest threads on the board I predict.

Just reminding everyone (that except in Hawaii and Alaska) Standard Time has returned to all of the continental US by this time of morning; In fact as I am writing this post my desk clock says 3:15 am but my computer clock automatically was changed to read 2:15 am.

Standard time returned in each time zone at 2:00 am.

Don't forget: By now you should have turned all your non-automatic clocks back one hour. Yea! We get a 25 hour day today :D

Enjoy it while you can. Standard time has returned!
James--76

Re: Standard Time Has Returned :)

Postby James--76 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:25 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:Hi all :D

One of the shortest threads on the board I predict.

Just reminding everyone (that except in Hawaii and Alaska) Standard Time has returned to all of the continental US by this time of morning; In fact as I am writing this post my desk clock says 3:15 am but my computer clock automatically was changed to read 2:15 am.

Standard time returned in each time zone at 2:00 am.

Don't forget: By now you should have turned all your non-automatic clocks back one hour. Yea! We get a 25 hour day today :D

Enjoy it while you can. Standard time has returned!

Did all that last sunday in the U.K. Though for some reason the digital clock on the warm air unit did not change so the heating came on at 3.30am instead of 4.30am.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:53 am

Too bad there is no standard in the world when all the countries change their clocks on the same date. :(

I just noticed that SPS BBS did NOT automatically change back one hour yet at this time (pun intended :P ) :?

I also just checked my profile and it is correct: "-8.00 gmt Pacific Standard Time."
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:48 pm

I hate falling back. Not because of gaining an hour, but because of having to turn two mantle clocks back one hour. I either have to wait for a week for them to run down, or stand there for 3 years and advance them 15 or 30 minutes, wait for them to finish chiming, and advance them another 15 or 30 minutes.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:58 pm

zzyzx 1 wrote:Too bad there is no standard in the world when all the countries change their clocks on the same date. :(

There CAN'T be a standard like that due to the planet's tilt.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:31 pm

Well, I set my clock back so that I could get an extra hour of sleep last night. :)
Still the same as it ever was.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:26 am

I HATE standard time

Not even 5:00 and its pitched black. Its the doom of whats ahead. A very cold winter. Especially January and February where its consistantly below zero wind chills, and the snow literally turnes into ice. At night you freeze your ass off

I watched the clock on my DVR go from 1:59 to 1:00 this morning. Never watched the clock before. Other clocks I had to physically change.

I don't like winter. I didn't mind it before but now that I'm a depressed wreck it just sends me downhill.
Stan and Kyle :)
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:52 am

Well, the board still didn't go back one hour :?

When I post, the board always lists the time one hour ahead. So I went to my profile, and changed my time zone from -8.00 pacific to -9.00 Alaska, and now the board shows the correct time for me.

When nall fixes this issue, I'll go back and change my profile once again to
-8.00 pacific
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:25 am

One would think I had gotten extra sleep what with the time change and all.

Sure didn't feel that way.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:21 pm

Stand by, I'm checking somthing...

zzyzx 1 wrote:Well, the board still didn't go back one hour :?

It doesn't change automatically. You've gotta change this thing in you UCP under "board preferences":
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:39 pm

BRMBug wrote:Stand by, I'm checking somthing...

It doesn't change automatically. You've gotta change this thing in you UCP under "board preferences":

Done :D Thanks, Bug :D :D :D

(Funny how at one time I knew about this, but this particular time I forgot about it, and i even did not notice the option re: Summer Time In Effect Yes/No).

Thanks again! I'm back to Pacific Time, UTC -8 :D

Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:19 pm

kfgg wrote:I HATE standard time

Not even 5:00 and its pitched black. Its the doom of whats ahead. A very cold winter. Especially January and February where its consistantly below zero wind chills, and the snow literally turnes into ice. At night you freeze your ass off

I watched the clock on my DVR go from 1:59 to 1:00 this morning. Never watched the clock before. Other clocks I had to physically change.

I don't like winter. I didn't mind it before but now that I'm a depressed wreck it just sends me downhill.

Yeah, I hear ya. It's only 5:15 and already dark, and it'll just get worse from here.
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:04 am

BRMBug wrote:Stand by, I'm checking somthing...

Yep, that's what I did yesterday. :)
Still the same as it ever was.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”