Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:17 pm

Enjoy your day, then come back and share your day, including whatever you're giving thanks for. See ya on the flip side! :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
IKyman

Re: Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Postby IKyman » Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:18 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on SPS ^^
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:38 am

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone at South Park Studios. :D

Had a nice Thanksgiving.

First I started the morning by watching the Macy*s Parade. I had to miss watching that parade a couple of years back due to that I had to work on Thankgiving back then. So very happy to be able to see the Parade once again. :D

Then randomly learned some stuff about John F Kennedy and Robert F Kennedy. While thinking of Robert F Kennedy. I kept wondering if I rode passed where the Ambassador Hotel was, in Los Angeles. I know the hotel was already demolished during my first trip to Los Angeles. But I might had rode by, to where it was. I remember seeing that Gaylord building. (I have more to say about this. But it can all wait for randome :lol: )

Then my mother came to pick me up for Thanksgiving. When I got to my parents house. She was still trying finish the cooking. While she is doing that, I popped in the Toy Story 3 DVD for my family to watch. Then we stopped watching for a little so we can have our Thanksgiving Dinner. My father was blabbing about State of Delaware politics and President Obama during our wonderful meal. I got a turkey leg. I love to get one in the thought of Disneyland. Only difference is that I really like the ones my mother cook more then Disneyland's. Disneyland's tastes more like ham to me. Then we just finished up the night by watching the rest of Toy Story 3.

So, had a great time and I hope you all have done the same. :)
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:36 am

GOBBLES!! :timmy:

Actually, our Thanksgiving was quite relaxing, for the most part. Ugly weather and icy roads have kept our relatives from stopping by, but on the other hand, that gave us the chance to kick back, pick up the place little by little, take in some FOOTBAAALL, and stuff like that.

But I do plan a weekend outing starting tomorrow. Gonna meet with my bro and catch that new Harry Potter film. Should be fun!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:16 pm

We went away to my grandparent's house. Saw some of my cousins whom I haven't seen in a long time. The food was great. And on the second day, we had leftovers 8)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :D
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:32 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:We went away to my grandparent's house. Saw some of my cousins whom I haven't seen in a long time. The food was great. And on the second day, we had leftovers 8)

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! :D

Happy to hear that you had a great Thanksgiving zzyzx 1. :)
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:24 am

I had a good Thanksgiving. My mom is going into a care center soon - she's going to be 77 in 10 days and she's having difficulty using her arms and legs. She already has Alzheimer's and she's developing Parkinson's. She can't walk much anymore so climbing up and down steps is quite impossible for her, and we have steps all over this house. But she was happy this Thanksgiving, still her her humor and temper. I give thanks that she can celebrate one last Thanksgiving here and that she'll probably celebrate one last Christmas here as well.

For dnner there was turkey, ham, cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes (regular and garlic), two pumpkin pies and one cherry pie. And drinks - B&J and Smirnoff as well as Bud light.

IHeartKennyMcCormick

Postby IHeartKennyMcCormick » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:49 pm

My Thanksgiving was great. Unfortunately, I can't have my whole family over at Thanksgiving, seeing as we're spread all-across Alabama and Texas but, I'm happy that my Uncle got to use Skype, and talk with us. He's in Korea right now, and I miss him so much...

My other Uncle, who I haven't seen in two years, lives in Texas, and he called us to wish us a Happy Thanksgiving.

My cousins and my Aunt (Married to my Uncle in Korea) came over but my second oldest cousin, for some odd reason, brought her boyfriend to eat with us.

My family actually is really big with just us over here, so we put the adults(My mom, dad, Grandma, Grandpa, my aunt, and my oldest cousin) and my baby brother in the dining room, and the teenagers (Me, two of my cousins, my cousin's boyfriend, and my sister) in the living room. But, we all say the blessing together.

In the living room, we watched TV because my cousin who's the same age as me turned it on. So, first we watched Cake Boss, because it was on, then my cousin grabbed the remote and went to what I've record on the TV, and played South Park: BLU. o.0

We ate Turkey, Ham, Deviled Eggs (Yum, yum, yum!), Cranberry, Yams, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Coca Cola Cake (With or without Nuts), and ,since my Sister's birthday was the next day and we had to go to a football game that was two hours away, Hershey Chocolate Cupcakes!

So, that was my Thanksgiving! Hope you guys had a good one as well!
Butters Best Moment: I like that Boom Boom Pow...

Kenny's Best Moment: PHFFFT ALL OF THEM!
I love K2: Kyle x Kenny. And Cartters: Cartman x Butters. All other couples don't really matter.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:09 pm

Well, I'm thankful that family we didn't see on Thanksgiving are coming over tonight 8)

We have a turkey cooking right now, and shortly we are going to have yet another Thanksgiving, all new; no leftovers (until tomorrow) :)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:24 am

Well, mine was fairly uneventful. Me and Dad went to Fred and Aunt Monica's. It was us and them (obviously), plus two of his daughters, their husbands, and Fred's ex wife (the girls' mother) We had the usual Thanksgiving fare; turkey (smoked), jellied cranberry, stuffing, mashed sweet and regular potatoes, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie. I took some of my fudge cookies to share around. Things got started early, because they were all going to the game over at Jerryworld Stagium. We were out of there by 1:30, only to go home and crash for 99 years (or three hours, it's hard to tell).
We didn't bring much back. Just a plate for Grandma, a couple of tins of brownies (one for us, and one for the girls at Grandma's home), and about a thousand dinner rolls. We went to Grandma's close to 5pm, to try and catch her before someone took her to dinner. It took her an hour and a half to eat about a quarter of it before she was full. She started getting sleepy after the first bite. At one point I was getting a bite lined up for her, and every time I'd talk to her or ask her a question, when she answered her head would inch a little further down into her chest. "Grandma do you want Turkey or Stuffing next? Or do you need a little something to drink? "Uh-huh" o-Okay, well here's some turkey. Here you go. "uh-huh" Grandma, are you falling asleep on me? "uh-huh" (then she picked her head up) "Unh-uhhh!" :lol:
Later on when we started to get hungry again (around 10pm) I went foraging for food. There wasn't much in the house besides uncooked hamburger, and I just didn't feel like cooking. After several stops, the only place I found open was Whataburger, so we still had burgers for dinner.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:14 am

Thanks for the fudge, BRMBug. :) Still working through it. Delish!

BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:11 am

Sure thing!
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:35 am

Cool 8) (board members sharing food on Thanksgiving).

I did some research. It seems that some years Thanksgiving used to be on the last Thursday of the month, and sometimes that meant that Thanksgiving would be on the fifth Thursday of the month.

Pres. FDR got a lot of letters and telegrams from business wanting a bigger period of time between Thanksgiving and Christmas so the selling season would be longer prior to Christmas.

Other letters from small businesses wanted a shorter time period (fifth week of November) in order to take care of customers who would find the big dept. stores too crowed as there was one week less to shop.

Every year Americans would wait until the President would declare which Thursday in November (if there were 5 in November that year) would be Thanksgiving celebration. Abraham Lincoln started a tradition of the last Thursday of the month, and this tradition was followed up until the Great Depression and FDR's presidency.

Pres. FDR decreed once and for all Thanksgiving should be on the 4th Thursday of November. Period.

I got the above information by reading a lot from this web site: http://www.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/

particularly this page from that site: http://docs.fdrlibrary.marist.edu/THANKSG.HTML

I searched around for Thanksgiving, and found a lot of interesting stuff. Like this: (right-click):

AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:14 am

Well, the weekend was great. Spent it at my bro's place.

Watched quite a bit of football, college and pro. My bro is big on Florida State, and the Seminoles whupped the Gators around some Saturday. The pro games were less fulfilling, especially where the SeaPeeps were concerned, but we all still kicked butt in the pools I arranged. We play for points, every game in the NFL's schedule.

Saw that Harry Potter film. Boy, they drag stuff out some, but it does set things up for the second part that's coming in July. Overall, pretty darn good.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:31 pm

Lots of food. Lots of booze. Lots of football. Lots of cable marathons. Lots of snow (okay 2 inches). Lots of good people. Lots of colds.

That about covers it.

Who else caught a cold this Thanksgiving?

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”