Tired of this crap

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

kfgg

Tired of this crap

Postby kfgg » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:13 pm

Am I just an old fart (Yeah I'm only 23) but I feel like the whole world is coming to an end. And its extremely depressing.

First there's this whole internet censorship thing. It really bothers me.

Second, even though I don't fly planes there's this TSA thing. Now they're thinking of adding the screening to busses and trains.

Third, now the FCC wants to take broadcast frequencies and give them to internet providers. This would make TV reception worse then it already is by making TV stations combine and move to the VHF part of the band. VHF is TERRIBLE for DTV reception.

My house is in foreclosure, and we don't know who owns it! The Bank Of New York Mellon foreclosed and got default judgement. We called them, they don't even know who we are. And we just got some mail (typical mortage bills) from our former mortage company Wells Fargo saying "We're PLEASED to be your mortage company!" (WHO OWNS THIS HOUSE!!?)

Can anybody give me some advice? I'm losing my mind. I feel like I'm in some kind of twilite zone from hell.
Stan and Kyle :)
triplemultiplex

Re: Tired of this crap

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:53 pm

I find that booze helps. :roll:

I feel you though. I recently joined the ranks of the unemployed thanks to a parent company's penny pinching. I should say 'semi-unemployed' as I am now operating as a 'contractor' which basically means I do part of my old job for way less money from home.

I'd love to smack Arizona Senator John Kyle in the face with a salmon for his obstruction of the new START treaty. Just because the US and Russia will each only be able to destroy the entire world half as many times doesn't make us any less of country. I mean, come on!

Too bad I can't shut off my critical thinking so I can buy into the 2012 endoftheworld fantasy. Because right now, I'd say bring it on. We deserve it.

You read it! You can't unread it!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:26 pm

That only prooves how stupid most politicians are. This man is an idiot and doesn't deserve to even be alive.

Only an IDIOT would piss off Russia. This man is an IDIOT.

You can bitch up a storm and fudge around with everything. But you DON'T piss off Russia. Smart Republicans and Democrats know this.

Someone recall this douchebag.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:48 am

You're not old. All the crap going on in the world is just part of a cycle, and the ease of access to information thanks to the internet is just making things seem more hectic than they are.

Twenty years ago, when the vast majority of households didn't even have the then-spartan and underdeveloped internet, people didn't even give these kinds of current events much notice. It sure made it easier on people's minds that way.

Now you can see other people's opinions and get to know anything you want, whether it's a conspiracy or an obituary, with just a few clicks and keystrokes. It's true that the more you know, the more food for your brain, but it does have its consequences. Try taking a break from media for a day or two. It's bound to help.
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:30 am

triplemultiplex wrote:I can buy into the 2012 endoftheworld fantasy. Because right now, I'd say bring it on. We deserve it.

Forget it, alright? The whole Mayan apocalypse BS is just too good to be true, and that's exactly why it's not going to happen.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:03 am

I definately think there are alot of people out there who deserve the apocolypse to come. Lots of sh*tty people out there.

But my advice is that if you don't like what you are seeing, say something about it. A lot of people accept things they know are bullsh*t, and they are all like "that is just how it is", well why do they have to be that way? If more people said something, maybe things would change.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:34 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:I find that booze helps.

Notice I eliminated the ironic "roll eyes."

That means yes, I'm serious. :( Escapism is the only answer.

Well, no, not as a long-term plan. But the thing is not to take more on your shoulders than you personally can do anything about.

Some kind of action to improve something you have direct control of will eliminate that worry - but there's always SOMETHING to worry about. Do your best and be a good person and let the world do what it will.
Last edited by Pip Tweek on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:38 pm

VACOOLA wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:I can buy into the 2012 endoftheworld fantasy. Because right now, I'd say bring it on. We deserve it.

Forget it, alright? The whole Mayan apocalypse BS is just too good to be true, and that's exactly why it's not going to happen.

This snipped quote of mine makes me sound like a 2012er, dude. :?

2012 Mayapocalypse points:

Calanders start over when you get to the end; Mayans included.

The big astronomical alignment for that year happens every year. In fact, it'll probably be happening in the next couple of weeks since it's supposed to be the 21st in 2012.

Nostradamus didn't predict sh*t. People have retroactively assigned cryptic and vague quatrains to subsequent historical events. That's not PREdiction, that's POSTdiction; retro-diction is the term.

You read it! You can't unread it!
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:07 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:
VACOOLA wrote:

This snipped quote of mine makes me sound like a 2012er, dude. :?

Sorry. I knew you were joking. It's just that I'm a bit of a 2012er myself. Somewhere deep inside I want to believe in funny stuff like that, although it makes me look overly optimistic, which I'm definitely not.
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:07 pm

Oh please. Cut the crap. Stop saying you welcome the apocalypse and the end of humanity. You don't. You're just saying that to try to sound cool.

Make us go, "Ohhh look how cool and edgy he is. He actually wants humanity to be wiped out. What an unconventional idea."

Nobody wants the apocalypse to occur. Plain and simple.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:40 pm

Brendle wrote:Nobody wants the apocalypse to occur.

Except for the large group of people waiting impatiently to meet Yahweh and his so-called son in person. I'm not one of those people, that's for sure.
TOTAL_BRUTAL

Postby TOTAL_BRUTAL » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:12 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Nostradamus didn't predict sh*t. People have retroactively assigned cryptic and vague quatrains to subsequent historical events. That's not PREdiction, that's POSTdiction; retro-diction is the term.

You're f*cking right he didnt. And in all honesty, anyone who tries to tie his quatrains to current events, especially 9/11, is just as retarded as anyone who believes the bible word for word.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:29 pm

This was not my intention for starting this thread

But there are many people that want the world to end. Mostly religious fanatics. The world they live in is not the world they used to live in so they take current events, twist scripture to try to make them go together and "prepare for the return of Jesus" because its coming "in their lifetime" (Make sure you donate some money so we can continue to spead the word)

They want to believe that they know the future. But they don't. That isn't up to you, me or them.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:19 am

kfgg wrote:This was not my intention for starting this thread

But there are many people that want the world to end. Mostly religious fanatics. The world they live in is not the world they used to live in so they take current events, twist scripture to try to make them go together and "prepare for the return of Jesus" because its coming "in their lifetime" (Make sure you donate some money so we can continue to spead the word)

They want to believe that they know the future. But they don't. That isn't up to you, me or them.

I hear some of these religious fanatics on AM radio sometimes when I have trouble sleeping - I hope their chatter will lull me to sleep. AM radio signals bounce off the ionosphere or something making stations from far away come in clearly. They say things like: "Friends, the world is going to end in 2012. So friends, there's many a soul who needs us; so friends, send them letters an' cards ta Jesus - That's J-E-S-U-S friends, in care a' Del Rio, Texas. :roll:
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:03 am

Ever heard of the cult leader R.G. Stair? This guy is a phycho and his followers are even more psycho. Read up on it. Its very scary.

He leases airtime on a lot of 50,000 watt AM signals. Not just religious stations, just whichever 50,000 watt stations are willing to take the money and air his show such as ESPN 1530 in Cincinnati. He slurs for hours on end and touts himself as "The last days prophet" This guy is very creepy. It's 100% pure brainwashing.

On the shortwave there is a religious station in Nashville called WWCR. Its on 5,070. They run all kinds of this stuff. Their sister station (which is an AM station) runs a brokered show hosted by the KKK. Apparently its ok to broadcast hate speech on the radio but you still can't say the F word without getting a huge FCC fine.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”