Tired of this crap

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: Tired of this crap

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:02 am

Well, actually the implication here is I have noticed that any time anything like psychic predictions, or anything of the sort comes up, you get an attitude. Remember 2 years ago when that guy talked about astral projection in the Did you know thread, and you ripped him a new assh*le? I sure do..Not just because I believe in astral projection, but because he seemed nice, and it would have been cool if he stayed around here. It seems like you have an irrational hatred towards anything like this, which probably stems from frustrations you have with that relative you mentioned who goes on about the new world order and such...But I guess you are willing to put up with that cause she has a nice lake house.

Now, I already said I haven't really read much about Nostradamus. There are other subjects related to the occult or the paranormal I am a lot more interested in. All I remember about his predictions was that he predicted there would be three anti christs. I don't know, maybe I am getting him mixed up with Edgar Cayce,,Whatever, but I bet you have done about as much research as I have, and that was the point I was trying to make.
Image
Pip Tweek
Posts: 5101
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:15 am

Re: Tired of this crap

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:09 am

Brendle wrote:What a crock.

It would NOT be "the coolest thing ever." You'd be crying and hugging your family and friends and saying goodbye.

You would be praying that the meteor doesn't strike.


Alright, whatever. Let's just drop it. It's so discontinuous with ordinary life and so far beyond our comprehension that neither one of us knows how we'd respond and even that would depend on the situation unfolding.

You responded twice to the same post I made, I think that's enough.
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: Tired of this crap

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:39 am

Wow, Brendle, you are becoming about as popular as me with my bitching..LOL..I can't hate you for arguing with everyone else here..But I will point out why you are wrong about no one wanting the world to end. I do know some people who do. I have known one of these individuals for awhile, and I can tell you, this person kinda has a sucky life..Some of it is his own fault, because of his choices( like it was really f*cking stupid of him to start blowing me off back in 1998 to hang out with gangstas and get high), and some of it may have to do with certain factors he can't control..I think that for this person, the idea of the world ending is attractive, because it would mean an end to certain problems in his life, without him having to take responsibility.
Image
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6116
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: Tired of this crap

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:20 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:Well, actually the implication here is I have noticed that any time anything like psychic predictions, or anything of the sort comes up, you get an attitude. Remember 2 years ago when that guy talked about astral projection in the Did you know thread, and you ripped him a new assh*le? I sure do..Not just because I believe in astral projection, but because he seemed nice, and it would have been cool if he stayed around here. It seems like you have an irrational hatred towards anything like this, which probably stems from frustrations you have with that relative you mentioned who goes on about the new world order and such...But I guess you are willing to put up with that cause she has a nice lake house.


Yeah I remember that one. I was kinda dickish.

I think I get frustrated at all the irrational bullsh*t that surrounds us in this society today. And virtually everyone has something they are being illogical about. For that aunt of mine, it's religion. For my parents, it's vitamins. For one of my friends, it's chiropractic. Conspiracy theories, aliens, anti-vaccinationists, ghost hunters, psychics, biblical literalism, multi-level marketing; we're surrounded by pseudo-science, magical thinking and straight up fraud and it's all a drain on society.

People wonder where their jetpacks and flying cars are; we'd probably have 'em if untold resources weren't being devoted to silly medieval traditions and the greedy stockpiling of wealth. Instead of doing something useful for civilization, too many are poking needles into meridians and selling Amway and producing cable shows about Bigfoot and marketing their version of God and engineering massive Wall Street fraud. This isn't meant to be a real argument, like any of that is 100% why we're not the Jetsons, I'm just giving a peek into my frustrated brain. No one even has a chance to learn anything if we keep letting it slide. Hence my desire to confront stuff like this on here.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
Pip Tweek
Posts: 5101
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:15 am

Re: Tired of this crap

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:04 am

triplemultiplex wrote:like any of that is 100% why we're not the Jetsons


Well, we have Skype, which is sort of like how George Jetson communicated with Mr. Spacely. And they had Rosie the (jew) robot maid, but now we have irobots that can vaccuum our rugs (although the artificial intelligence is a bit behind.)

But, I digress.
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: Tired of this crap

Postby Brendle » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:05 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Wow, Brendle, you are becoming about as popular as me with my bitching..LOL..I can't hate you for arguing with everyone else here..But I will point out why you are wrong about no one wanting the world to end. I do know some people who do. I have known one of these individuals for awhile, and I can tell you, this person kinda has a sucky life..Some of it is his own fault, because of his choices( like it was really f*cking stupid of him to start blowing me off back in 1998 to hang out with gangstas and get high), and some of it may have to do with certain factors he can't control..I think that for this person, the idea of the world ending is attractive, because it would mean an end to certain problems in his life, without him having to take responsibility.

Suicide also puts an end to certain problems in his life. Why hasn't he tried that?

I'm not encouraging his suicide...just asking why he hasn't tried ending his life.

If you want something as extreme as the apocalypse to happen, it's not a leap at all to say you want something as extreme as suicide.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: Tired of this crap

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:03 am

You know the real reason why we don't have jet packs? Think about it, if we did, the companies would be getting too many lawsuits after people literally burned their asses off.

I think instead of whining how about what everyone else is doing is putting a drain on society, why the f*ck don't you focus on your own life, instead of bitching about everyone else. You can't control what everyone else does, and many of these people who believe things you don't like are people you don't even know. You do sound frustrated, and to me it sounds like what you are saying is you think that the world would be a better place if no one participated in things you don't agree with..Well, you don't control the world, and you are always going to see people who do things you don't like. And maybe instead of being frustrated you should focus on the good things in your life. The world isn't perfect, and I don't know you that will, but I have the feeling you have things a lot better than many people..Like the person I am going to mention in the next paragraph.

Now as for that guy I mentioned, yeah I think he has tried killing himself..When we were 18, he kinda hinted he had those feelings. Then a year later, he started getting into drugs and hanging out with people who got him further into that kind of sh*t. He did it to escape from a lot of things in his life that sucked, and were things he couldn't really do anything about. Sucked for me and my friend Mark, because, nothing we could say or do could change it.
Image
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: Tired of this crap

Postby Brendle » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:00 am

I do have it better off than a lot of people...don't know what that has to do with anything, though.

I've never bitched about society. I've bitched about South Park a lot, though.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6116
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: Tired of this crap

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:06 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:I think instead of whining how about what everyone else is doing is putting a drain on society, why the f*ck don't you focus on your own life, instead of bitching about everyone else. ... And maybe instead of being frustrated you should focus on the good things in your life.


Ah, this starts in on the crap that I am personally illogical about. I know exactly what I must do to make my lifestyle healthier; I know exactly what I should be trying in order to expand my interpersonal relationships (including romantic ones). I know exactly what I should be doing to try and advance in my career (especially now). And yet I continue the status quo by and large.

To what extent deconstructing these larger phenomena is a distraction from growing myself as a person, I really don't know. It doesn't detract from my line of reasoning on a given subject, I'm sure. But I like to think I'm only chiming in on an off topic subject out of personal interest in that subject and not out of disdain to a position I disagree with.

How my words are received may sometimes be a result of my technical writing style I picked up via many science classes in school. I'm used to using "big words" in order to be more precise, but I can come off sounding like an arrogant douche. I even detect a standard format in some of my longer posts with an introduction, a body with all my points and a conclusion that more or less repeats my opening statement. That's like basic 8th grade English sh*t right there. What kind of dork makes posts like that? :lol:
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: Tired of this crap

Postby M00ndragon69 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:19 am

Actually Brendle the first half of my last post was for Triple, and the second half ( the part about the guy I was talking about) was for you..Sorry about the confusion.
Image
Brendle
Posts: 583
Joined: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Re: Tired of this crap

Postby Brendle » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:11 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:I think instead of whining how about what everyone else is doing is putting a drain on society, why the f*ck don't you focus on your own life, instead of bitching about everyone else. ... And maybe instead of being frustrated you should focus on the good things in your life.


Ah, this starts in on the crap that I am personally illogical about. I know exactly what I must do to make my lifestyle healthier; I know exactly what I should be trying in order to expand my interpersonal relationships (including romantic ones). I know exactly what I should be doing to try and advance in my career (especially now). And yet I continue the status quo by and large.

To what extent deconstructing these larger phenomena is a distraction from growing myself as a person, I really don't know. It doesn't detract from my line of reasoning on a given subject, I'm sure. But I like to think I'm only chiming in on an off topic subject out of personal interest in that subject and not out of disdain to a position I disagree with.

How my words are received may sometimes be a result of my technical writing style I picked up via many science classes in school. I'm used to using "big words" in order to be more precise, but I can come off sounding like an arrogant douche. I even detect a standard format in some of my longer posts with an introduction, a body with all my points and a conclusion that more or less repeats my opening statement. That's like basic 8th grade English sh*t right there. What kind of dork makes posts like that? :lol:

Seems to me like you have an obsessive personality. Possibly OCD.

You're very precise with your language and smart.

I've actually seen you in pre-air/post-air discussion threads correctly predict the outcome of an episode, even after 2 minutes of the show.

It seems like you're one step ahead of Matt and Trey lately.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
triplemultiplex
Posts: 6116
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:24 am

Re: Tired of this crap

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Brendle wrote:Seems to me like you have an obsessive personality. Possibly OCD.


If that's at all true, it must only manifest itself in forum posts.
__________________________________________________

You read it! You can't unread it!
BRMBug
Posts: 18534
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:43 am

Re: Tired of this crap

Postby BRMBug » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:42 pm

I've been waffling on this post... but f*ck it, here it is.


Crap. I'm gonna add to the wheels-offedness of this thread.
Brendle wrote:Seems to me like you have an obsessive personality. Possibly OCD.

Well, I don't know about all of that.
Brendle wrote:You're very precise with your language and smart.

I always attributed that to him being one of our older members, and his job, but whatever.
Brendle wrote:I've actually seen you in pre-air/post-air discussion threads correctly predict the outcome of an episode, even after 2 minutes of the show.

It seems like you're one step ahead of Matt and Trey lately.

All of us long-timers have done that at one point or another. When you get as in to the show and familiar with it's creators as we have, it's bound to happen.
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: Tired of this crap

Postby Wii fit man » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:30 am

Brendle wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:I think instead of whining how about what everyone else is doing is putting a drain on society, why the f*ck don't you focus on your own life, instead of bitching about everyone else. ... And maybe instead of being frustrated you should focus on the good things in your life.


Ah, this starts in on the crap that I am personally illogical about. I know exactly what I must do to make my lifestyle healthier; I know exactly what I should be trying in order to expand my interpersonal relationships (including romantic ones). I know exactly what I should be doing to try and advance in my career (especially now). And yet I continue the status quo by and large.

To what extent deconstructing these larger phenomena is a distraction from growing myself as a person, I really don't know. It doesn't detract from my line of reasoning on a given subject, I'm sure. But I like to think I'm only chiming in on an off topic subject out of personal interest in that subject and not out of disdain to a position I disagree with.

How my words are received may sometimes be a result of my technical writing style I picked up via many science classes in school. I'm used to using "big words" in order to be more precise, but I can come off sounding like an arrogant douche. I even detect a standard format in some of my longer posts with an introduction, a body with all my points and a conclusion that more or less repeats my opening statement. That's like basic 8th grade English sh*t right there. What kind of dork makes posts like that? :lol:

Seems to me like you have an obsessive personality. Possibly OCD.

No, trust me, I know what OCD is like. He doesn't have it...he's just really well-read.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
treefiddy_350
Posts: 937
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2005 7:50 pm

Re: Tired of this crap

Postby treefiddy_350 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:29 am

People im tired of THIS crap.

Yo moon are you a lesbian?
Image
Member# 325291

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests