P-E-T-S! Pets! Pets! Pets!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

AngusMcTavish

P-E-T-S! Pets! Pets! Pets!

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:19 pm

:lol: Sorry, couldn't resist after watching some of those football games...

Anywho, I thought it would be a good idea to open up a thread devoted to any pets we or anyone we know may have. Got a good story about one of 'em? Go ahead and tell us here. Wanna send a pic? Go for it!

So, WHO WANTS TO START? :D
triplemultiplex

Re: P-E-T-S! Pets! Pets! Pets!

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:08 pm

My parents' yellow lab got hit by a car shortly before Thanksgiving. Fortunately she'll make a full recovery as it was only a glancing blow. She's gonna have a wicked scar on her face now. Lucky little bitch.

You read it! You can't unread it!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:58 am

Aw, poor girl.

Stories? Not really. I did comb through some old pics and found some stuff I didn't realize I had.

This is Sam. We sort of grew up together. I say sort of, because I was 3 when we moved in here, and I think he was like 4 or 5 already. We used to run along the fence together. I never really went next door to play with him. I did try to climb over the fence to go and play with him, but I got stuck on it.

I'm not sure, but I think this is my Grandparent's cat, Tigger. The pictures I pulled that from had a date of '95 on it, but I thought he was already gone by then. His oddities included being able to "knock" at the back door to be let in (we think maybe he was just pawing at the peeling veneer though), and sitting on the counter and staring at you when you were doing anything in the main bathroom until you ran some water for him to drink in the sink.

This is Muffin. We "adopted" him as a kitten from my Maw-Maw & Paw-Paw's house in the country. I think I was about 7 or 8 at the time. Despite killing the most birds out of all the cats I've ever had, he was very sweet natured, and he had the uncanny ability to not get tangled up in Mom's way as she moved about the house. (She had no peripheral vision, and the little vision she had left wasn't so great either) He was mostly an outside/garage cat, due to my allergies. We let him out one night and he never came home.

This is Tinker/Bartlett/Psst/Hey, you/Yellowcat, and just about anything else we could think to call him. His mother adopted us one night and had a litter of kittens in our garage. We couldn't care for all of them, so once they were a little more grown up we gave away the ones we could, and sent her and the remaining litter to the shelter, which was the saddest thing we've ever had to do. Maybe it was because he was born in our garage, but he seemed more... entitled... well, more cat-like than Muffin. He didn't care who/what was around, he'd rub up against anything. He'd also get into that chair, be strangely immovable, and/or jump up in the lap of anyone sitting in that chair whether they wanted it or not. When he was about 3, his lady-cat-friend from up the street "adopted" us as well.

Gracie. Wait a minute... This is a slightly better picture. She was... "special". ie; stupid and uncoordinated. (hence "Grace" -> "Gracie") She was very skittish, never managed to land on her feet, and loved to roll around in the middle of the street. Just as she was starting to warm up to us, and get to the point where she wasn't so skittish, she was run over by a truck in front of the house, and, well me if I'm honest. Afterward, she got up and ran across the street. I went into the house and told Dad about what happened, and we scooped her up into a box and took her to the vet, but by then there was nothing that could be done for her. Not long after that, Yellowcat disappeared just like Muffin had. Gracie had/has a brother with very similar markings who I'd see around the neighborhood, but just like her he was quite skittish. I swear I still see him around occasionally some 15 years later.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:21 am

^ Seeing the picture of Tigger, he looks like the cat my gf had.

Boomer was his name, and last week, he got sick. Old age set in. Poor little guy was 16.

Figuring it'll be a while until the folks and she pick out another kitten, but he will be missed.

:(
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:25 am

I was gonna suggest you surprise her with a kitten for Christmas, but come to think of it. it is a little soon and she should really be with you to pick it out anyway. :mrgreen:
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:17 am

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

It took us a few months before we got our St. Bernard. Some time earlier that year, our Bullmastiff got sick, and that was hard on all of us.
canswer

Postby canswer » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:58 am

Ahw, I'm sorry for your Boomer. I don't know what I would do if my dog died. We have a love/hate relationship but I would be in heart ache if something terrible ever happened to him.
My dog hops like a bunny whenever he runs, and I always yell out " SQUIRREL!" to him and he goes nuts. :lol:

If I were to have any non-domestic pet, I would want either a panda, white tiger or an elephant. (hehe)
Just_Jackie

Postby Just_Jackie » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:36 am

Here's my kitty. :)

Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:25 pm

canswer wrote:
If I were to have any non-domestic pet, I would want either a panda, white tiger or an elephant. (hehe)

I thought for a second and realized I'd want a moose.

I'd name it Bullwinkle and ride it around the neighborhood. I'd dress up in a superhero costume and call myself the Mooseman, and be the baddest mofo on my block! I'd also have a pet chimpanzee to ride with me and be my sidekick.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:33 pm

I think it'd be cool to get a Hedgehog. I'd call him Norm... short for Spiney Norman. :D
canswer

Postby canswer » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:30 am

Pip Tweek wrote:I thought for a second and realized I'd want a moose.

I'd name it Bullwinkle and ride it around the neighborhood. I'd dress up in a superhero costume and call myself the Mooseman, and be the baddest mofo on my block! I'd also have a pet chimpanzee to ride with me and be my sidekick.

Lol! I wouldn't also mind having a pet to ride around the neighborhood. Hm, maybe a giraffe!
BRMBug wrote:I think it'd be cool to get a Hedgehog. I'd call him Norm... short for Spiney Norman. :D

Hehe, is that a Monty Python reference? :D

Oh! Another pet, a chinchilla & name it Murphy. I've always wanted to name a pet Murphy.

& Just_Jackie, your kitty is so adorable! Especially when it's sitting upright. :lol:

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”