The officially unofficial Christmas 2010 discussion thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

The officially unofficial Christmas 2010 discussion thread

Postby BRMBug » Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:13 am

Damn, I thought we already had one of these going, but it was for xmas episode discussion.

So as I mentioned elsewhere, everything's wrapped and ready to go, including Dad's gifts. I already got one present early. Dad got me Annie Lennox's new Christmas album. I also have and extra surprise waiting for me under the tre- uh, Curio.
Btw, operation iPod stealthification was a success for the most part. I still have to get him to get an account going so I can upload album art to the thing... or maybe he can. I also got him a $25 iTunes card and bunch of 2cd jewel cases to fix the ones he has that are falling apart.
Well, I need to get going to bed. I'm supposed to get up early and cook some spanish rice to take to Aunt Monica & Fred's. We need to be there at 12:30, so I wanna be up and cooking by 10:30.
(randome aside; jeez there sure is a lot of traffic on our street for 1am on christmas morning)

Soooo, what'd you get, what are you doing, etc?
Wii fit man

Re: The officially unofficial Christmas 2010 discussion thre

Postby Wii fit man » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:34 pm

It snowed this morning. For the first time ever on Christmas. :D
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
south park fan collecter

Postby south park fan collecter » Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:49 am

feliz navidad ey tene un bien dia ey felizidad a todos im ecuadorian puertorican so i can speak spanish :)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:34 am

Oh, I almost forgot...
My "extra surprise" wound up being a "Complete Star Wars Cookbook" with some lolzy recipe titles. :lol: thanks, Da. I also got an iTunes card and a Half Price Books giftcard from my Aunt & Uncle.
south park fan collecter

Postby south park fan collecter » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:53 am

nice ginger bread woman strip club very sexy ginger woman very cool brmbug
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:25 am

BRMBug wrote:Oh, I almost forgot...

My "extra surprise" wound up being a "Complete Star Wars Cookbook" with some lolzy recipe titles. :lol: thanks, Da. I also got an iTunes card and a Half Price Books giftcard from my Aunt & Uncle.

I don't remember a ST:TNG Christmas episode :?

Great shot, Bug :D

Photoshop perhaps?

They keep showing on digital channel 5.2 The Twilight Zone of Art Carney of Jackie Gleason Fame as Santa Clause:

5.1=Tribune Broadcasting
5.2=(was THIS-TV) but is now "Antenna TV" showing old, old shows
5.3 = where THIS-TV moved to 8)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:34 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:Photoshop perhaps?

Totally. I can tell because of the pixels. :D

We don't have Antenna TV yet. It's supposed to start on 33.2 on the First. Idk if I mentioned it yet or not, but THIStv is back at 33.3. Used to be 5.3. Thing is Elvira used to be on 33.1 (CW) at midnight on Saturday (or technically Sunday) and then on THIStv at like 4am (sunday morning) then either 12 or 1am Sunday (monday morning). Now that the CW has absorbed THIStv for Dallas, it looks like she's only on THIS. :/
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:22 pm

Antenna TV's flagship WGN 9.2 Chicago has been showing a slide with the Antenna TV logo for months. WITI 6.2 Milwaukee will be adding it, bringing back their former 'TV6" branding as "TV6.2", another Chicago-Milwaukee original Me-TV recently launched as a national network in direct competition to Antenna TV

Radio got a few after Christmas format changes on the radio. St. Louis now has a 90s music station, Gen-X 100.3. Miami has a pretty cool light music station called Easy 93.1. Phoenix now has Hot 97.5. Among others.

White Christmas? YES we got it. Whole mess of lake effect snow that I had to shovel this morning.

Christmas dinner? My sister's daughter was obnoxious but it was a nice eventful dinner.

Overall a pretty relaxed Christmas, which is normal. Happy to have had a tree this year.

For everybody in Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, have a good Boxing Day.
Stan and Kyle :)
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:18 pm

BRMBug wrote:My "extra surprise" wound up being a "Complete Star Wars Cookbook" with some lolzy recipe titles.

Because of the ST:TNG pic I read that as "Complete Star Trek Cookbook" and I lol'ed because, with the food replicators they used, I mean, the whole idea is just silly. :P

Picard: "Tea! Earl Grey! Hot!"

Whirrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

BTW: I've seen that thing with the blue spheres on it before, but I don't know where it's from. What is that thing?

No, that was from the episode where Space Santa died so it was up to the Federation, led by the enterprise, to deliver presents to all the good boys and girls around the Gamma Quadrant. Worf got his son a Klingon weapon as a present, and Data learned the true meaning of Christmas - and made a poignant observation that only an android of his caliber could make about it.

God, I'm bored. Snowed in an all...
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:07 am

Pip Tweek wrote:BTW: I've seen that thing with the blue spheres on it before, but I don't know where it's from. What is that thing?

That would be a Christmas Tree Dalek from Dr. Who.
Pip Tweek wrote:

No, that was from the episode where Space Santa died so it was up to the Federation, led by the enterprise, to deliver presents to all the good boys and girls around the Gamma Quadrant. Worf got his son a Klingon weapon as a present, and Data learned the true meaning of Christmas - and made a poignant observation that only an android of his caliber could make about it.

:lol: ^200
djs89

Postby djs89 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:00 am

I went to meet my family for Christmas. It was alright, but my 9 yr old nephew was insane.

He was farting on everyone, throwing candy, eating too much food and smacking people. He ripped the hood off my new jacket and farted on it. Then he started shooting red lazer beams in everyone's eyes. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to buy him a lazer pointer for Christmas.

This is why I'm never having kids, they are too crazy. It's like having a pet chimpanzee.
canswer

Postby canswer » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:42 am

^omg, that is so hilariously sad. :lol: I know how you feel, I have three cousins about that age and they are crazy! Never ever runs out of energy.

Last night, I went to my extended family's house. The second time meeting them, so I was a bit anxious/nervous. They had three dogs and honestly not cute at all. Well, I guess it's just me since I hate chihuahuas ><
It was a great night. We played telephone pictionary, which I have never played before and also white elephant.I didn't expect it to be this much fun, but it was.

Hope everyone had a Happy Merry Christmas! <3
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:51 am

Believe it or not, I felt like that just days before Christmas!

Of all things to get...the flu!
(Was I really that naughty??) :(
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:03 am

GAAAH! I was just watching Elvira's Movie Macabre Christmas edition, and at the end when she was opening her presents, she opened a box of "more crappy movies from Santa", and the first DVD she held up was none other than Cannibal! The Musical!!! (how awesome would it be if that made it onto Movie Macabre? :D )

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”