Loose Christian movement says End of Days in May

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

angeldeb82

Loose Christian movement says End of Days in May

Postby angeldeb82 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:47 pm

Look at them, a bunch of religious wingnuts who claim the end of the world is coming on May 21, 2011. They even take the KJV Bible literally! Even the car in the picture claims it quotes St. Paul's words to the Athenians: "God has overlooked the times of ignorance, but now he demands that all people everywhere repent because he has established a day on which he will judge the world with justice through a man he has appointed, and he has provided confirmation for all by raising him from the dead." (Acts 17:30-31, NAB)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110103/ap_ ... lypse_soon
Still the same as it ever was.
Niels0827

Re: Loose Christian movement says End of Days in May

Postby Niels0827 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:49 am

Pat Robertson announced in 1976 and 1980 that the end of the world would be in late 1982.

He predicted that massive storms and tsunamis would slam America's West Coast in 2006.

He predicted a mass terrorist attack would kill tons of Americans in 2007.

He predicted 2008 would be a "worldwide year of violence", moreso than years past.

He predicted there would be a stock market crash in 2010.

He fabricated all this hocus pocus bullshit because he claims "God spoke" to him.

I predict a genocide will come in the following years, wiping out fundamental and radical Christians, Muslims, and Jews.

Aww, who am I kidding. It can't happen soon enough.

People like this are my absolute biggest pet peeve, by far and large - more than bad drivers, more than people who chew with their mouth open, and more than Justin Bieber. Fuck this lady in the article for claiming to know the unknown. It disgraces me that this cunt served in the army and represented my country. What an embarrassment.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:46 am

There's about three major doomsday prophecies for every year. If you combed a google search for 'doomday' I bet you'd find at least three for every month. We can safely assume every single one of them is wrong. Yet, people keep believing them.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:15 am

Mr. Camping has gotten pretty insane in his old age. He said the end of the world was going to be in 1994, when that didn't happen he changed it to 2011. He's a false prophet.
Stan and Kyle :)
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:40 am

bullsh*t Alert! :P

The world is not ending in 2011, the world is not ending in 2012. What IS happening though is a universial cycle of change. Could this kill people? Absolutely. But to go around saying the world is dead when it takes so long to destroy is just utter hyperbole.

Predictions CAN come true, but just like everything else, it is a matter of chance rather than fact. Some have more truth to them than others, and this one just does not have any fact to it. The Mayans have more fact that these loonies, and even theirs is considered far out.

Now...I'm not dismissing the Myan Calendar and December 2012, I do feel like something major will happen then, but what I am dismissing is the fact that the world will end at that time, cause it won't!
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:45 am

gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:03 am

I seen this sh*t on a billboard in here in Stockton...... Well, just before I suppose, I-5.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:55 pm

I worry much more about religious zealots like this than I ever do their unfalsifiable mouth noise about the "end of the world". If anything even remotely as bad as their soothsaying ever happens, it will be a self fulfilling prophecy on their part. f*ck their apocalypse and f*ck their god.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:50 pm

It worries me too. I'm concerned about possible public panic and/or suicides on Dec. 23 2012 due to belief the world is going to end. It's widespread enough for damage to be done. I hope not, but never underestimate human stupidity.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:15 am

Zazaban wrote:It worries me too. I'm concerned about possible public panic and/or suicides on Dec. 23 2012 due to belief the world is going to end.

I'm not worried at all. In fact, I eagerly await 12/23/2012, because:

Those who believe it's doomsday, who live through it, will realize how f'ing stupid they were.

And those who believe it's doomsday, who commit suicide, will be doing the world a favor as natural selection comes into play. Stupid people die, smarter ones carry on. That's the circle of life, and it is indeed a thing of beauty.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:21 am

Niels0827 wrote:
Zazaban wrote:It worries me too. I'm concerned about possible public panic and/or suicides on Dec. 23 2012 due to belief the world is going to end.

And those who believe it's doomsday, who commit suicide, will be doing the world a favor as natural selection comes into play. Stupid people die, smarter ones carry on. That's the circle of life, and it is indeed a thing of beauty.

Well that's dark of you. o_o
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:16 am

I thought it was 12/21/12 :shock:

Now I'm not stupid...far from it, but I do believe something Will happen around that time. How much and what is beyond me, but something will happen.

Anyone who does commit suicide is f*ckin stupid. So there. There is no need...especially for the end of the world.

Again having said all this, it is a dynamic event based on a few reasons.

- Winter Solstice
- Solar Eclipse in the west...now when does that happen! :roll:
- Did I mention the first planet allignment in a loong time??
- End of the Myan and some Asian calendar
- A 'tilt' in the Earth that happens every 22,000 years is scheduled to occur, likely could cause a major 'shift' in the oceans, yea it's a BIG deal :|

But will the earth end? Will we all die? The answer

....of course not, ya stupid piece of sh*t!!! :P
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:31 am

I would kinda love to meet that bitch, and freak her out..Maybe tell her some of the stuff I was told by someone I knew who was Christian, yet practiced magick, and believed that the end of would happen in our life time..I don't know if I wanna go into what he said on here or not, but believe me, there is a good chance it would make her cry..Mostly the stuff he had to say inwhich he kind of acknowledged that his God is not exactly a nice person, yet he would still kiss his ass because he wants to go to Heaven..I bet she wouldn't like what he had to say, and it is mean of me to want to freak her out and make her cry, but it sounds like that is what she is going to be spending the next few months doing, so maybe she should find out how it feels.

What a stupid pussycat...She doesn't even give examples of what Bible passages to look at in that interview. She just says "look into it", that is pretty half assed.

I personally don't know what I believe about what may or may not happen in 2012, but I was wondering, to the people who have a feeling something may happen, what are you basing it on? And no, I am not making fun of you, I am just curious. I have heard all sorts of view points on this subject.

And Niels, you know I like you..But I have to disagree with what you said about stupid people killing themselves in 2012 being natural selection...That is pretty harsh, don't you think? If someone killed themself because they thought the world was coming to an end, it might not be because of that belief, it might be because of a whole bunch of issues that built up until they couldn't take it anymore. I mean, that is usually what is going on when someone commits suicide, and there are people who believe the world is coming to an end who want to survive it. I wouldn't wish sucide on anyone, no matter how stupid they are, and saying that it is natural selection kinda makes Atheism look bad.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:57 am

No, I don't disagree with you at all, Connie. It is a harsh comment, but I still believe it to be true.

However, I have to say natural selection isn't a statement for or in favor of atheism. It's a theory on how life forms can adapt to their environment and habitat over time. Christians, atheists, Muslims, and Jews alike can all believe in natural selection. The religious debate behind natural selection simply lies in the argument over whether or not the whole process is "guided" by a deity.

I don't find suicide to be the answer to anything, unless it's a mercy suicide done to relieve suffering or misery from a terminal or chronic patient who lives a life riddled with endless physical pain. The implication in the statement was that there are people out there who are looney enough to take their own lives simply because they believe the world is ending - not because their current lives are a living nightmare for them. And there are such people. To them, I say good riddance. But I would never condone people taking their life during an emotional crisis brought on my tragic events in their life. There's always solutions for that. But there's no solution for people thinking the world will end one day and deciding to save themselves the agony of going through the process of armageddon by robbing themselves of their lives. That kind of mentality is more than ridiculous.
WhiteyHesa

Postby WhiteyHesa » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:03 am

Maybe I'll go out with a bang, then.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”