Loose Christian movement says End of Days in May

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

M00ndragon69

Re: Loose Christian movement says End of Days in May

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:45 am

Well have you read any blogs by people who say they are going to kill themselves before December 2012, because they believe the world is coming to an end? And if so, do you know for an absolute fact that that belief is the only reason why they would do such a thing? I have met people who believed that the world as we know it would end in their life times, but they wanted to survive it. I stand by what I said, I believe that if someone kills themselves, it is because of a whole bunch of issues they have. And while I have taken Biology and I have seen examples of natural selection in the animal world, but, maybe people should be careful about applying that attitude to humans. That idea, when applied to people, could be used to justify a lack of compassion towards others, and not helping people in need, because of the belief that "they aren't meant to survive"..
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:25 am

I don't see humans as superior to animals in any way, just because I can communicate with them better and understand them. Despite our accomplishments as a society, it's my opinion that we are not the most intelligent life form. Natural selection is what it is, and whether or not the term can be applied to humans is up for debate, but I also stand by what I said. It's meant more of a rhetoric than anything else, to symbolize the stupidity of a plurality of mankind at the very least.

I do not have unlimited control over people's decisions and lives. If somebody wants to kill themselves because they think the world is going to end, I advise them to get help, and I will do all in my power to help them myself if I can. But most do get help, and they turn themselves around. Good for them. I mean it. I believe very strongly in helping people in need, but it becomes very difficult when your mentality is almost the polar opposite of theirs. There are people who can't be helped. They can't be convinced they're wrong, and they can't always even be convinced they need help.

To say that I condone the idea of anyone killing themselves is highly erroneous. All I'm saying is it's better certain people do as opposed to others. I completely oppose suicide unless it's for medical reasons to alleviate chronic pain and such. The more rational ones who know they need help, and know WHY they need help. Because that's step one. You get help if you know you need it. Otherwise you're just living in your own world and nobody else's opinion matters. If they can't be convinced that it's not worth it, then their decisions are inevitable. What they do is up to them.

Look at the two women in the article. You can say they need help, but they don't see it that way. They suffer from delusion. It's like a sickness. Whereas lots of schizophrenics are seen as insane and locked away from society, you got people like these running around. Of course it doesn't make sense. How long does one have to talk to these people to convince them they don't have the answer or that they're being misled? Probably forever. That's the kind of thing they have to realize on their own. For people like them, the kind I'm referring to, the unknown is somehow known, and they present it as factual. That is what causes the human race to suffer.
Last edited by Niels0827 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:34 am

Yes, but when someone doesn't get help when they are living in a world of their own, and they end up killing themselves, it is not "indeed a thing of beauty". It is a tragedy. And no, I don't necessarily believe that humans are the highest form of life either, and I would and have not only helped people in need but also animals. I just adopted a cat my neighbors couldn't really keep..

It is well and good to be rational, and to know the difference between reason and stupidity, but it is another thing to become callous and unfeeling towards people because of those things.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:41 am

I have compassion, sympathy, and empathy for people who deserve it. I refuse to have such feelings for mankind in general. Because there's no arguing with the fact that there are people out there who do not deserve it. People who don't feel the same way.

Was it a tragedy when Hitler killed himself? Hell no, it wasn't.

As I said, the "circle of life" is a thing of beauty. The circle of life is getting what you put in. Natural selection is not the same thing. It is not coterminous with suicide. Suicide is a very different thing, and should be applied and examined on an individual basis. While it's true the vast majority of suicides are indeed very tragic and preventable, to say they all are is, in my honest opinion, incorrect. There are evil people in this world, and in many cases, 'evil' and 'stupid' are one in the same.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:29 pm

Niels, no offense, but invoking the name Hitler just to win an arguement is not only weak, but cliche.
AxayPaulene

Postby AxayPaulene » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:05 pm

angeldeb82 wrote:Look at them, a bunch of religious wingnuts who claim the end of the world is coming on May 21, 2011. They even take the KJV Bible literally! Even the car in the picture claims it quotes St. Paul's words to the Athenians: "God has overlooked the times of ignorance, but now he demands that all people everywhere repent because he has established a day on which he will judge the world with justice through a man he has appointed, and he has provided confirmation for all by raising him from the dead." (Acts 17:30-31, NAB)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110103/ap_ ... lypse_soon

I'm starting to get pretty sick of these "end of the world predictions".

All you know is the past; all you have is the present. You don't know the future, nor are you even sure that you will HAVE a future. If people stopped worrying about deadlines and death in the future, and instead lived for the PRESENT, then maybe they wouldn't be so nervous about this so-called "end of the world". After all, if they REALLY wanted to do something, they should have stood up and taken the courage to do it now, rather than just to wait their whole lives doing nothing.

Maybe something will happen, maybe something won't. All you've got is today, so instead of worrying about your future, live your life for the damn present for once.

Geez, you think people would know better.
R.I.P Pip: 1989 - 2010
Πιστεύω σε σας

Pull your fucking pants up!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:14 pm

I feel the need to bring up my genius idea to challenge 2012ers to put their money where their mouth is. If they're so convinced the world is going to end, then they should have no problem signing a legal document that officially gives all of their possessions to me the day after the world's supposed to end. If the world's going to end, they won't be needing their cars or houses or stereos or DVD libraries or jewelry or land... So give it to me. Just remember, I get your sh*t on December 22, 2012 no matter what. If nothing happens, well then those people are just sh*t out of luck. That's what they get for being dumbasses.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:46 pm

^^ I thought of that too, triplemultiplex (or maybe I got it from you.) I thought that would've worked with y2k as well.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:13 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:Niels, no offense, but invoking the name Hitler just to win an arguement is not only weak, but cliche.

We were discussing mankind, that is, people in general. Hitler was a person. My point is some people deserve it more than others. It's easy to understand. Would you rather I use examples like Osama bin Laden, Josef Stalin, Pol Pot, Jim Jones, Fred Phelps, and Maxamiline Robespierre? There are evil, twisted people in the world. They're not born evil. Stupidity makes them evil.

You can call this an argument if you want, but I don't see it as such. I'm stating my point of view and I don't expect anyone to adopt it as their own. If that were my intent, it would be an argument.

And using Hitler as an example is clichéd. But there's a damn good reason for it, don't you think? That's why I used him. But 'weak'......I don't know about that. Is that because using Hitler as an example makes my point more convincing? Just a thought.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:46 am

You forgot a few:

Napolean
King Henry VIII
George W. Bush
Barack Obama
Machmeud Ammejinijad
Saddam Hussein
Kim Jung IL
Joel Olsteen
:P :roll:

The point that he is trying to make: He is sick of stupid people, and he considers anyone who is acinine enough to actually go into preperation for the end of the world, and to find out that it will not happen! He wouldn't mind seeing those people perish because they were stupid enough to do this action. If anybody is crazy enough to either lead a cult against something or praise fear on someone or someones' than they are just quickening up the process. However, that being said....The world is not ending now! Not to say that it won't happen in 50-100 years but just not now.

Sorry Niels for putting words in your mouth again. But I agree. If people are stupid enough to believe this sh*t from people. The moral here is that we should just live our lives, and whatever happens happens. If people f*ckin blow their heads off because of a worthless 2012 myth, we can laugh at their stupidity and continue our day..... :mrgreen:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:50 am

I am sick of stupid people too, but I want to tell them they are stupid to their faces, instead of wishing death on them.

And Triple, someone I know on facebook who posted a link to the article about the Christians who think the world is going to end in May, already made pretty much the same joke you did, like 2 days ago.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:26 pm

I do NOT wish death upon anyone. What I'm saying is some people deserve it more than others.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:04 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:And Triple, someone I know on facebook who posted a link to the article about the Christians who think the world is going to end in May, already made pretty much the same joke you did, like 2 days ago.

Damn. Too slow I guess. :)

You read it! You can't unread it!
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:23 pm

By the way, if you dare listen to this guy's radio station (It will literally put you to sleep)

Niels can find it on AM 610 KEAR (The flagship)
Here in southeast Wisconsin its on FM 88.1 WMWK
Stan and Kyle :)
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:01 am

Just back to say I seen one IN town this week, they moved from the freeways into the surface streets......
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”