OMFG! The Westboro Baptist Church is at it again!

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

angeldeb82

OMFG! The Westboro Baptist Church is at it again!

Postby angeldeb82 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:24 am

This time, they're about to picket the funerals of those killed in the Arizona shooting, INCLUDING Christina-Taylor Green, granddaughter of former Philadelphia Phillies manager Dallas Green! They're REALLY stooping to the killer's level and using foul language and insults against the victims! Stop it! Stop it NOW!!!! :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow: :cartmansopissedrightnow:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/0 ... 06319.html
Still the same as it ever was.
evilcupcake72

Re: OMFG! The Westboro Baptist Church is at it again!

Postby evilcupcake72 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:25 am

They should seriously nuke Westboro
PopRocksAndSoda

Back off, snickerdick!
I wanna ride your Rapidash ;D
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:34 am

I know some people on here don't take the threat these assh*les pose seriously. I have seen people on here say " Just ignore them, they are doing this for attention" or they aren't revelevent or some sh*t like that...Well, I read the new article, and that is some sick sh*t in their flyer, they are actually thanking their God for the shooter..Saying their god sent him. Well, what happens if they start making predictions about when the end of the world is happening, and their behavior escalates from picketing funerals to violence. It isn't too hard to imagine them killing people..Something needs to be done before that happens.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:58 am

They ARE doing this for attention, and the reason they get away with it over and over again is because they know how to do it. The statements they make on their flyers and websites are disturbing and inhumanly sickening, but they know this, and that's precisely why they do it. They don't care if the attention they call on themselves is positive or negative.

It's extremely difficult to ignore such people, and I'm not suggesting people try it with these folks. Hell, I actually wish somebody would kick their asses, but just don't be surprised by it. Whenever somebody famous dies or an act of terrorism takes place, you can bet these cumchuggers will be ready to protest. To be honest, I'm surprised that anyone is shocked they're still doing this.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:25 am

They might want attention, but that does not mean they don't believe all the hateful sh*t they spew, and that does not mean they are not dangerous.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:38 am

If protest is all they do, even if it pisses off a lot of people, they're in the clear. Once they start bombing stuff, they're in trouble. The WBC knows what it can do, and it knows how to get under people's skin. Proof of that is in the very first post of this thread.

After reading the PDF it put out, it can be held responsible for any violence stemming from the PDF. Really, its kind of cheerleading
WBC prays for your destruction—more shooters, more dead carcasses piling up, young, old, leader and commoner—all.

is something we can do without.
God sent the shooter to shoot you! And He’s sitting in Heaven laughing at you!

THANK GOD FOR HIS RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENTS!

...it's no wonder God is an assh*le.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:13 pm

The WBC knows what it can and cannot do by law. Several members of the family are lawyers, if you can believe it. They consistently evade lawsuits.
Ranius

Postby Ranius » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:48 am

Your doom is upon you! Praise his name!

"Hallowed be thy name and thy merciful decision to kill me off and sentence me to hell for all time before I had the chance to redeem myself!"

But I agree. Sooner or later some nutjob is going to take this a little too seriously. If not on their side on the opposite.
____
Idiocracy, Fog of war, Enemy Image, Zeitgeist, Addendum, Zeitgeist Refuted, B. and B. two faces of the same coin... So what is the truth?
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:38 am

Still the same as it ever was.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:55 am

angeldeb82 wrote:Well, good news: Law passed to ban picketing at Tuscon funerals

:cartmanhappy:

Glad they are finally getting stood up to..The idea that they would picket a funeral for a 9 year old girl is beyond sick.

Ranius, glad you agree with me. Yes, those scumbag assh*les might know the law, and know what they can and can't do..But that doesn't mean what they say and do can't inspire violence. I mean, I will admit, when I see what their f*cking gay ass flyers say, I feel like punching one of them in the f*cking face. I am not straight, that sh*t applies to me and my friends. Maybe certian people on here who say just ignore them, they are attention whores, don't understand because they are straight.

I probably wouldn't actually hit one of those douches if I actually met them, because I don't want charges pressed on me. But I would tell them off. I would tell them, if they are right, and everyone who isn't like them is going to Hell I would say, good. I am glad I am going to Hell, because your God might as well be Hitler. And you and everyone in your church are assh*les I don't want to spend 3 minutes with, let alone eternity..Go f*ck yourselves with your stupid "God hates FaGs" signs, and have a nice day.

Anyway, don't expect me to be logical or rational on this subject, because people with this kind of mentality still hurt gay men. I have a lot of friends who are gay.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:03 am

Why do they give these people attention? They're a hate group. They're not a baptist church. They're not even a real church. All their "members" are Fred Phelps family and friends. Its not a church. Its a hate group.

I wish they would ignore their sorry asses. I hope a radio station steps in and gives them free airtime in exchange for not picketing the funeral. They will take radio airtime in exchange for that type of thing.
Stan and Kyle :)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:07 am

Who needs radio time when they have Youtube now?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:43 am

In Youtube's case they have to seek it out

In Radio's case, people not trying to hear them would hear them anyway
Stan and Kyle :)
Ranius

Postby Ranius » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:40 am

Unless they turned their radios off.

Wait, so in order to make them quiet down you would give them a louder voice? "In exchange" never works. In the best case they really wouldn't pick on anybody on the radio but they still would in their meetings. The only difference that makes is that they get an even greater audience.

I'm not saying we should let them spout their beliefs like this... but giving them a microphone would be the same as giving a canon to a maniac.

@MD69 - Umm, I don't think I' gay. And seeing as I only have a few gay friends that are not under direct influence of the group in question I don't think I can say I know what you're going through. Though I quite understand and like your second paragraph. Well said indeed! Though in all honesty, who would press charges against you if they didn't know who you were? Personally, however, if you can't let your anger out try to find a point of view whereupon their spouting won't hurt you. Otherwise you're taking damage for no reason and it only hurts you.

Ignoring them would probably be the second best decision... but it's hard to ignore a personal attack, I know. I don't think telling them off would do much good either. Fanatics have a strange quality about them that makes them impervious to logic and reason. And emotion, but you won't have them admit it.
____
Idiocracy, Fog of war, Enemy Image, Zeitgeist, Addendum, Zeitgeist Refuted, B. and B. two faces of the same coin... So what is the truth?
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:46 pm

Just thought you guys might like to check out this YouTube cartoon from NMAWorldEdition. It's titled "Arizona lines up against Westboro Baptist Church"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v9KcGPzFc8
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”