Would S.D. bill grant the right to kill abortion docs?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

angeldeb82

Would S.D. bill grant the right to kill abortion docs?

Postby angeldeb82 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:43 pm

I know I'm against abortion, but this bill is just plain weird and ridiculous! :cartmanko'd: :cartmanscared:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41604603/ns ... ?gt1=43001
Still the same as it ever was.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Would S.D. bill grant the right to kill abortion docs?

Postby Big-Will » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:33 am

Only if the abortion doctor is performing an abortion against the pregnant woman's wishes. I can see no other application of it.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:10 am

But wouldn't that be up to the woman who's getting the abortion performed on against her will? (And for the record, I'm also against abortion for almost all cases.)
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
spfan4ever77

Postby spfan4ever77 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:23 am

Lolz.

I could say more... but lolz
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:36 am

Another stupid bill from another stupid Republican from another Jesus freak state. It's not going anywhere.

Why the fuck can't people let other women make their own decisions? People are gonna have abortions no matter what other people say or think. I'm against human stupidity, but people still practice it freely. Case in point - this South Dakota douchebag. He's even attempting to weasel in his agenda without specifically referring to abortion. Come on...really?
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:37 am

f*ck that stupid bill. Ok, if a pregnant woman was getting beat up by her abusive husband or boyfriend, who didn't want her to have the kid, and wanted to make her miscarry, but she ended up killing him in self defense, that would be one thing. But the idea that an abortion doctor is going to force a woman to have one against her will and if that happens, it is ok to shoot him? That is rediculous..What, do a lot of prolife people think that abortion doctors just abduct pregnant women off the street and force them to have abortions? That is an issue I have with people who are really prolife, they don't seem to have a realistic idea of how women get in the situation where they might consider abortions. Personally, I don't think I would get an abortion myself..But I don't feel I have the right to judge women who are in miserable situations, who probably shouldn't bring children into it, or to impose certain people's morality on them.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:33 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:f*ck that stupid bill. Ok, if a pregnant woman was getting beat up by her abusive husband or boyfriend, who didn't want her to have the kid, and wanted to make her miscarry, but she ended up killing him in self defense, that would be one thing. But the idea that an abortion doctor is going to force a woman to have one against her will and if that happens, it is ok to shoot him? That is rediculous..What, do a lot of prolife people think that abortion doctors just abduct pregnant women off the street and force them to have abortions? That is an issue I have with people who are really prolife, they don't seem to have a realistic idea of how women get in the situation where they might consider abortions. Personally, I don't think I would get an abortion myself..But I don't feel I have the right to judge women who are in miserable situations, who probably shouldn't bring children into it, or to impose certain people's morality on them.

You make a valid point, and I'm not defending the bill. However, what about women who are loose and just don't use protection? For some of them, an abortion is like a Get Out of Jail Free card. (Of course, some of them also end up growing up and becoming responsible adults because they know they can't do that crap anymore since they choose to have a kid. That's the point I'm trying to make. Taking responsibility for your action has gotten lost somewhere along the way and we're being given Get Out of Jail Free cards left and right. Eventually, it has got to stop so people can man up and take responsibility for their transgressions, myself included.)

Sorry. I didn't mean to go on a tangent like that.
Last edited by GeminiShamrock on Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:48 am

Vicki Saporta, president of the National Abortion Federation, called the bill "an invitation to murder abortion providers."

In which case the homicide is not justifiable and the doctor's killer should be brought to trial.

To abortion-rights supporters, this is a honeypot amendment, but really, read the proposed change carefully. Just because the doctor's killer thinks his action is justifiable doesn't make it so.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
spfan4ever77

Postby spfan4ever77 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:46 am

Come on folks. Do you really think S.D. Congress members will pass a bill that legitimizes murder?

Here is a little politics 101 for ya. Politicians sometimes do things despite knowing they will fail. They do this for the media attention to increase name recognition, support constituent interests, and test the political environment. Testing the political environment refers to measuring the public's response, like forum posts. The responses can then be compared to responses to similar events occurring in the past to spot trends that can help politicians improve their endless PR/reelection campaign.

Should you take this seriously? Nah. It looks. At most, they will pass it, and it will wind up in the federal courts, and judges will interpret something new about abortion. If the legislator planned this out, they will probably trigger a lawsuit in an area of appellate courts historically more likely to lean in their favor. However, this would probably cause outrage on the national level. The U.S. Congress, note the article is about South Dakota's Congress, will create their own bill to outlaw South Dakota's.

No matter what, this does not seem like it will go anywhere.

The issue probably is more about teen pregnancy. The parents probably have some sort of say in the fetus' destiny. If they want the fetus alive and the girl aborts it against their wishes, maybe there is South Dakota law that says the doctor disobeyed the law. Maybe that is what this law hopes to remedy. If it goes to court, the decision will likely come down again to when a fetus is not abortable.

Bottom line: Nobody is going to allow anyone to start killing anyone without a fair trial.

Also, I am going to sleep now... not sure exactly what I just wrote... hopefully this helps u calm down.. watch some sp don't... worry about stuff you cannot affect... i use to worry about this and a gazillion other issues throughout the world - it is not worth it. Worrying just makes you feel not as good. Laugh out loud and move on. You are just going to have to accept that the world is not perfect and improves very slowly. Again. Lolz. Move forward.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:12 am

Big-Will wrote:
Vicki Saporta, president of the National Abortion Federation, called the bill "an invitation to murder abortion providers."

In which case the homicide is not justifiable and the doctor's killer should be brought to trial.

To abortion-rights supporters, this is a honeypot amendment, but really, read the proposed change carefully. Just because the doctor's killer thinks his action is justifiable doesn't make it so.

This. A million times this.

spfan4ever77: Huh. That actually makes perfect sense. I never saw it that way before. Thanks, man. :)
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:08 pm

Big-Will wrote:Only if the abortion doctor is performing an abortion against the pregnant woman's wishes. I can see no other application of it.

Yeah, because abortion doctors make a killing off of forcibly aborting fetuses.

Jesus Christ, this bill is stupid and pointless.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:51 pm

I'm not entirely sure how to respond to this. It appears to be serious, despite being a bill trying to legitimitize extremist vigilantism. Politics in this country is starting to get a bit nuts, isn't it? Even if it's not serious, it is nuts. I guess that's what happens when people believe they are the God-appointed defenders of all that is good, an attitude which is cropping up lately.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:34 pm

The government needs to stay the hell out of people's private lives. I don't really care much about what else they do, but when they get into people's private lives and tell people what they can and cannot do with their own bodies, then they are way too overzealous.

Do I like abortion? Of course not. But in some cases it is needed.
Stan and Kyle :)
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:50 pm

Republicans need those fetuses to be born into their Jesus Army for the big magical battle with Satan. All they need is to have 'em born and baptised/christened/whatever other involuntary indoctrinations they do to infants. After that, they don't actually care what happens to them. I mean they 'care' in the sense that you're 'supposed' to, but the policies they implement show that they really don't.

You read it! You can't unread it!
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:16 am

Well, I wasn't exactly talking about middle class girls, who are educated about birth control, but just forget about it and get knocked up, or maybe the birth control doesn't work..Sometimes that happens too. I don't really care one way or the other about spoiled little bitches who are just too stupid to use birth control, and then cry when something bad happens. What I mean when I am talking about women bringing children into situations they shouldn't be in, relates to some nasty sh*t I have seen offline. People who are poor, who are either on drugs or dating or living with someone who is on drugs..And not just pott, stuff like meth. Women who have no stop drama because of the choices they and other people in their lives make, and not only that, they were abused as children, and so was their baby's daddy, and they have a lot of issues that they will most likely pass down to any children they have. Really bad sh*t, like issues from being molested and other really horrible things. And yeah, if you are looking at a situation like this from the outside, it is obvious what the people in the sitatuon need to change, but for them it isn't that easy, because they have tons of issues and from what I have seen, it is like they are conditioned to think that abuse is love and the people who treat them the right way are the ones they can't trust.. I don't blame any women in those kind of sitatuations who choose to get abortions. And another issue is women's health. When I was 19, I knew a girl who had an abortion, and got kicked out of where she was living. She was living with our super Christian assh*le guidance counselor at my high school and his stupid family. The reason why was because her mother was very abusive. That was also the reason why she couldn't carry the child, because of all the times her mother beat her. She actually wanted the kid, but not if it would kill her, because, f*ck, she was only 18. Well she had the abortion and she told the assh*les she was living with, and they kicked her out, even though they knew the reason why she couldn't have the kid, she had premartial sex so kicking her out was ok., And I ran into her right after all that sh*t happened, when she was calling her boyfriend from a pay phone and seeing if she could stay with him. My point is, some people have f*cked up lives, sometimes from no fault of their own, and people who have no idea what it is like to be in those situations maybe shouldn't be so judgemental.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”