Report: Osama bin Laden is dead.

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

broseph_lala

Re: Report: Osama bin Laden is dead.

Postby broseph_lala » Thu May 05, 2011 5:32 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:
broseph_lala wrote:Now there's dispute over the pictures not being surfaced! Did anyone catch that?

Yeah, they're releasing photos of other deceased people left behind in the compound, but not that of bin Lauden. Actually, Reuters News Services bought the photos and are releasing them. They are on various websites. I've seen them. They are way to graphic for me to post a link. Sorry guys. In the words of last weeks South Park: "I DECLINE."

But yes, those photos are out there (except for the ones of bin Lauden).

There's been talks of viruses being mixed in with videos and pictures of the death of Bin Laden, tread lightly and do research before viewing! I know a lot of people on Facebook are booming about certain videos out there that are said to be the official death video but end up with a wicked virus.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Thu May 05, 2011 6:16 am

broseph_lala wrote:
zzyzx 1 wrote:
broseph_lala wrote:Now there's dispute over the pictures not being surfaced! Did anyone catch that?

Yeah, they're releasing photos of other deceased people left behind in the compound, but not that of bin Lauden. Actually, Reuters News Services bought the photos and are releasing them. They are on various websites. I've seen them. They are way to graphic for me to post a link. Sorry guys. In the words of last weeks South Park: "I DECLINE."

There's been talks of viruses being mixed in with videos and pictures of the death of Bin Laden, tread lightly and do research before viewing! I know a lot of people on Facebook are booming about certain videos out there that are said to be the official death video but end up with a wicked virus.

It's sad that on a day when Osama bin Laden finally died, others are taking that opportunity to infect people's computers with viruses *sigh* :(
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu May 05, 2011 6:32 am

broseph_lala wrote:
zzyzx 1 wrote:

It's a very weak virus, if you ask me. All it did was scan my friend list and post itself to their walls. I deleted as many of those posts as I could. But it does distract you by requiring you to perform some keyboard combinations and then asking you to select a game to play, which leads to a download window, which I cancelled. When I saw that it posted to all my friends, I had to put up some warnings.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
broseph_lala

Postby broseph_lala » Thu May 05, 2011 7:03 am

^
Did you have to change your password and all of that garbage?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu May 05, 2011 7:09 am

Nope. No reason to. That spam didn't need my password to propagate itself since it came from a friend, who undoubtedly got it from someone else. I know some people did change their passwords, but it isn't necessary.

broseph_lala

Postby broseph_lala » Thu May 05, 2011 7:13 am

Thanks dude, I'll have to keep that in mind! A lot of my friends seem to be getting it on Facebook, I've lucked out so far.

Oh gosh, now there's speculation about whether or not the killing was legal. I mean, really, was there so much speculation over there when those a-holes came over here and did what they did? I wonder if news is the same all around the world as it is here.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Thu May 05, 2011 8:58 pm

A friend of mine sent this to me.

http://walt.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2011/05/04/did_the_united_states_murder_bin_laden (Please click on this. It's an interesting read. Here's an excerpt below.)

"There's some second-guessing going on in the aftermath of the killing of Osama bin Laden, mostly having to do with whether he actually 'resisted' or whether the SEAL team that took him out did so deliberately. Although it would be better if the Obama administration's original story had been more complete from the start, I'm inclined to cut them a bit of slack on this one. To me, it's not that surprising that some details were wrong in the initial accounts, and to their credit the administration has been forthcoming about amending the basic account.

"Did the Obama administration deliberately send the team in to take him out? I don't know. But I'm sure the SEALs were given very loose 'rules of engagement,' such that even a minimal degree of 'resistance' could be met (as it was) with deadly force. At the same time, I suspect that one reason Obama decided to send a team in rather than simply bomb the compound was a desire to use discriminate force, and to minimize the danger to bystanders. Killing bin Laden during the raid is one thing; killing his wives or the children present there would have played far worse in the eyes of much of the world. Sending a team in was also a way to ensure that we could prove we had got him; leveling the compound would have given even more fodder to conspiracy theorists to argue that he had actually escaped (presumably to join Elvis and Hitler somewhere in South America)."
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
cmbeattie

Postby cmbeattie » Wed May 11, 2011 4:39 am

I am glad. I just wish it was done way earlier. But, Glad he got what he deserved. His son believes it was illegal, :lol: :cartmanevillaugh:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-05-11/bin-laden-s-son-challenges-legality-of-killing.html
cynthia325

Postby cynthia325 » Wed May 11, 2011 4:07 pm

I'm not understanding all the hoop-lah about whether or not the killing was "legal" As if it was legal for him to order his group to kill innocent people over the years.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed May 11, 2011 5:32 pm

cynthia325 wrote:I'm not understanding all the hoop-lah about whether or not the killing was "legal" As if it was legal for him to order his group to kill innocent people over the years.

We like to think we have a set of laws to live by, whereas we like to think Osama bin Laden didn't follow any laws, not even Islamic ones.

GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Wed May 11, 2011 6:01 pm

Big-Will wrote:
cynthia325 wrote:I'm not understanding all the hoop-lah about whether or not the killing was "legal" As if it was legal for him to order his group to kill innocent people over the years.

We like to think we have a set of laws to live by, whereas we like to think Osama bin Laden didn't follow any laws, not even Islamic ones.

Couldn't have said it better myself, man.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
broseph_lala

Postby broseph_lala » Wed May 11, 2011 6:46 pm

GeminiShamrock wrote:
Big-Will wrote:

Couldn't have said it better myself, man.

Amen to that, both of you!
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed May 11, 2011 9:10 pm

And to further clarify, I think it's been established that the Seals had shoot-to-kill orders on UBL regardless of whether or not he was armed or whatever. It does make life a lot simpler post-raid.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:22 am

triplemultiplex wrote:And to further clarify, I think it's been established that the Seals had shoot-to-kill orders on UBL regardless of whether or not he was armed or whatever. It does make life a lot simpler post-raid.

They say variety is the spice of life. Not in this case. Just shoot the mother f*cker, nothing too fancy. Can't we all just be happy he's dead? No, because we can't all be happy that we landed a man on the moon. God, it's so frustrating. There's no pleasing everybody I guess.
Can't we all just get along?
fistvface

Postby fistvface » Thu May 12, 2011 11:56 am

good redence to him.. its pretty funny though that the us can find saddam in a hole in the ground and cant find osama livin in a massive compound right near an army base... guess they had have there priorities straight... oil first terror later..

AMERICA f*ck YEAH!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”