Happy Birthday...me?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

GeminiShamrock

Re: Happy Birthday...me?

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sun May 29, 2011 3:05 am

zzyzx 1 wrote:
GeminiShamrock wrote:Well, I didn't see my name show up in the "Today's Birthdays" section of the BBS's homepage so I, uh, did this. >_>

With the possible exception of when this BBS was new (I wasn't around these parts then), I don't think that function "Today's Birthdays" has ever worked :cartmannohat:

Happy Birthday, GeminiShamrock :D

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info.

And thanks for the birthday wishes, zzyzx.

Neils: You clicked on my name, didn't you? :lol:
Last edited by GeminiShamrock on Sun May 29, 2011 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
bazi42

Postby bazi42 » Sun May 29, 2011 3:44 am

GeminiShamrock wrote:Let me say this: I'm still in my twenties, but I'm dangerously close to thirty. :!: Anyway, thanks for the well wishes, man.

how do you get dangerously close to 30? you make it sound like you're about to drive off a cliff or something.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sun May 29, 2011 4:02 am

I'm 29 years old, madam, and I've barely made a dent in the world. That's how you get dangerously close to thirty. You turn twenty-nine.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sun May 29, 2011 6:12 am

GeminiShamrock wrote:I'm 29 years old, madam, and I've barely made a dent in the world. That's how you get dangerously close to thirty. You turn twenty-nine.

Bah, nothing wrong with thirty. At thirty people who hate young'uns start to take you seriously.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
bazi42

Postby bazi42 » Sun May 29, 2011 11:45 am

Zazaban wrote:
GeminiShamrock wrote:I'm 29 years old, madam, and I've barely made a dent in the world. That's how you get dangerously close to thirty. You turn twenty-nine.

Bah, nothing wrong with thirty. At thirty people who hate young'uns start to take you seriously.

no, they really don't.

i'm 33, work in management and still have to put up with hearing things like "oh you're too young to know better."
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sun May 29, 2011 3:26 pm

bazi42 wrote:
Zazaban wrote:

no, they really don't.

i'm 33, work in management and still have to put up with hearing things like "oh you're too young to know better."

Oh. I didn't realize you were older than me. I'm sorry, madam. I wasn't trying to make fun of people who are in their thirties. (Besides, my response to you was actually kind of a "Logan's Run" reference.) My whole point was this: "I'M GETTING OLD! WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?!"

My apologies once again, madam.
Last edited by GeminiShamrock on Sun May 29, 2011 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun May 29, 2011 4:04 pm

Happy birthday for yesterday, sorry I didn't get around to posting. Didn't know there was a birthday feature, thought adding your birthdate was just so they know your over age, guess it doesn't matter since it doesn't work.

Good to know I've got at least 13 years of being looked down on for my age ahead of me. Thought I was one of the older people here, feel like the youngest now :I

Some people will always say you're too young, but some people always think you're too old; seems the only argument in the '08 election was 'this guy's too old' and 'this guy's too young.'

My nephew is our logan's run reference - sister actually named her kid after it XD
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sun May 29, 2011 6:07 pm

Unassumption wrote:Happy birthday for yesterday, sorry I didn't get around to posting. Didn't know there was a birthday feature, thought adding your birthdate was just so they know your over age, guess it doesn't matter since it doesn't work.

Good to know I've got at least 13 years of being looked down on for my age ahead of me. Thought I was one of the older people here, feel like the youngest now :I

Some people will always say you're too young, but some people always think you're too old; seems the only argument in the '08 election was 'this guy's too old' and 'this guy's too young.'

My nephew is our logan's run reference - sister actually named her kid after it XD

Nah, it's okay. Than's for the belated birthday wishes. Also, you're right. The '08 Presidential Election was based on the argument of McCain being too old and ill (he's had cancer at lesat twice) or Obama being too young and too inexperienced. Some said the same thing about Palin being too young and too inexperienced. The thing is this: At the time of the election, she was the only one with actual (political) executive experience despite being younger than the other three.

/political discussion
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sun May 29, 2011 6:13 pm

Unassumption wrote:Happy birthday for yesterday, sorry I didn't get around to posting. Didn't know there was a birthday feature, thought adding your birthdate was just so they know your over age, guess it doesn't matter since it doesn't work.

(right-click please):

Unassumption wrote:My nephew is our logan's run reference - sister actually named her kid after it XD

That's very cool, actually 8)
bazi42

Postby bazi42 » Sun May 29, 2011 7:47 pm

GeminiShamrock wrote:Oh. I didn't realize you were older than me. I'm sorry, madam. I wasn't trying to make fun of people who are in their thirties. (Besides, my response to you was actually kind of a "Logan's Run" reference.) My whole point was this: "I'M GETTING OLD! WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?!"

My apologies once again, madam.

no apologies needed. i'm not blinking :lol:

as for your point- it's all a state of mind thing. professionally, i work in management and oversee 20 people, but that doesn't stop me from wearing shirts to work that say "my zombie ate your honor student."
Ernest Hemingway
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sun May 29, 2011 8:48 pm

80% of people online are guests according to that screen shot - we're being watched :I
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun May 29, 2011 11:14 pm

GeminiShamrock wrote:Oh. I didn't realize you were older than me. I'm sorry, madam. I wasn't trying to make fun of people who are in their thirties. (Besides, my response to you was actually kind of a "Logan's Run" reference.) My whole point was this: "I'M GETTING OLD! WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE?!"

That feeling only gets worse every year (late 30s here.) Then again, chances are fairly good your life has been pretty kick-ass compared to most of the world's population.

bazi42 wrote:no apologies needed. i'm not blinking :lol:

as for your point- it's all a state of mind thing. professionally, i work in management and oversee 20 people, but that doesn't stop me from wearing shirts to work that say "my zombie ate your honor student."

Lucky underlings. I've never had a cool boss in my life.

80% of people online are guests according to that screen shot - we're being watched :I

I watched this board for years before I joined. What bugs me is that there's like a hundred million registered users and less than 1 percent ever posts.

Yes, lurker, I see you too! :shock:
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Mon May 30, 2011 2:12 am

^They probably don't post because they actually have lives... :(
Can't we all just get along?
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Mon May 30, 2011 2:46 am

Bazi: Oh. Um, thank you.

Pip Tweek: I didn't lurk the BBS before I joined. I just joined when I found out there was a BBS on here in the first place. As to why I joined, well, it wasn't just to post with fellow South Park fans. It was to also get away from a couple people who had been trolling me at another message board forum that I finally left six days ago. As long as they don't know I'm here, I should be okay. Besides, one of them doesn't seem to be concerned with me anymore so I'm not gonna worry about him.

Ex1lepr0: Yeah, probably. Then again, there are people with lives who still manage to post here. Hell, if I had a full-time job, I'd still find a way to post with you guys.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Mon May 30, 2011 2:50 am

^I'm honored that you place such high priority on talking with us. Thanks for that Gem! :)
Can't we all just get along?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”