Apparently, Germans REALLY Aren't Funny...

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

dvda92

Re: Apparently, Germans REALLY Aren't Funny...

Postby dvda92 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:17 pm

Oh, ok, thanks for the info. But yeah, as I said I don't fully disagree, but it doesn't need to be true as it's not a study, but just a survey.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:48 pm

BEAN!!! :D :mrgreen:

I love that dude.... :P
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:10 pm

I thought at first US shows being more likely to air internationally than other shows and people knowing English in more countries, would expose them to more US comedy than other countries, but if that were true UK would've come higher. I'd like to know how many from each country there were though. It's just a survey though it's not meant to be taken seriously doesn't mean it isn't true though. The Germans are unfunny steryotype probably has a lot to do with it, as it crosses boarders, but might have some truth to it since it's so widespread.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:29 pm

The article is about people, though, not shows or comedians. It was a global poll, not just a US one. Humor comes to us Americans quite naturally. :D Now a word from one of America's greatest comedians and novelists, Mark Twain: "A German joke is no laughing matter."
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”