Moderator: Big-Will

Barack_Obama

Re: Do you like video game music?

Postby Barack_Obama » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:55 pm

Prepare your anuses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EaRHlo4B0Y

The more mellow version, but I love it all the same, if not, even more:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yCyysCm ... re=related
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:58 pm

^^Assassin's Creed has some good music, though overall, the game series is just epic as hell.

One of my favorite game soundtracks of all time:

Lone Wolf-Halo Reach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7L4TXbfBjo

On the subject of Reach, I'd like to post my favorite moment in game history. Alone, outnumbered, and outgunned, your character does the only thing a Spartan can do. Make an epic last stand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u43D3SDUjOU
Can't we all just get along?
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:38 am

I find that AC1 was too mellow. AC2 was just miles better, amazing as f*ck. The music, the story, the setting, the characters... Just amazing.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:44 am

Barack_Obama wrote:I find that AC1 was too mellow. AC2 was just miles better, amazing as f*ck. The music, the story, the setting, the characters... Just amazing.

I'd agree with you mostly, but I liked the ending to AC1. *spoilers* I mean finding out you're mentor was the bad guy all along was a pretty awesome twist. I liked the inventory in AC1 better, I found alot of the gadgets in AC2 to be useless. Also, AC2 was too easy. I f*cking beat the entire game once using only the hidden blades and my fists.
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:55 am

To be fair, that kind of twist is cliche.

It is easier, probably because the counter kill addition in the combat mechanics. And the KILL STREAK in Brotherhood.... That made that game way easy. But still, the story and settings was so great, I don't care for that. :D

- Unassumption
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:57 am

Either way, I'm totally pumped for Revelations. You seen the trailers for that badass sh*t?
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:59 am

That was the only reason I watched Ubisoft's presentation at E3. :P
EDIT: scratch that, the only thing I watched of their presentation WAS the trailer.......

I was going to preorder it, but realized I have a few months to preorder, so bought some other things... >_> I will preorder it though. If I don't, it will be sold out on release day...

EDIT 2: Welp, I'm tired as hell, time for rest.

- Unassumption
mikelandis2

Postby mikelandis2 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:23 pm

Oh yea.. I also grew up on 8-bit and I have a bunch of favorites that bring up old memories. Legend of Zelda, Ghost and Goblins and Punch-Out are some just a few.
Churlesque

Postby Churlesque » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:21 pm

Wii fit man wrote:Even if it's just instrumental, I love it. I found the music to the original Yoshi's Island game on Youtube and am currently spazzing ffff. <3

Nostalgia is powerful ahaha

Yoshi's Island is so good that it endures as a classic even without the nostalgia factor, I think. It was an extremely artful game. Very high-concept.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:22 am

Churlesque wrote:
Wii fit man wrote:Even if it's just instrumental, I love it. I found the music to the original Yoshi's Island game on Youtube and am currently spazzing ffff. <3

Nostalgia is powerful ahaha

Yoshi's Island is so good that it endures as a classic even without the nostalgia factor, I think. It was an extremely artful game. Very high-concept.

Yeah, I think so, too, actually. I've always loved the music in that game sooo much. I remember putting in the Game Boy Advance version and just holding it to my ear. Probably horrible for my hearing, but oh well. :B

This scared the crap out of me when I was little haha
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Churlesque

Postby Churlesque » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:51 pm

Wii fit man wrote:Yeah, I think so, too, actually. I've always loved the music in that game sooo much. I remember putting in the Game Boy Advance version and just holding it to my ear. Probably horrible for my hearing, but oh well. :B

This scared the crap out of me when I was little haha

Another classic ditty from Yoshi's Island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnkZ9PjXOQQ
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:05 am

I'm indeed very font of VGMusic, and have for a while now been wanting to getting into composing scores myself...technically already have actually.

Because I pretty much work with synthesizers I can very much appreciate the older, more chippy tunes of things from the 80's such as the NES and Com64, and, while it's not as appreciated, I'm also quite fond of the weird FM artifacts that commonly come from Genesis games.

As far as some favorite soundtracks go, some that come at the top of my head include (but certainly aren't limited to): the Castlevania series, a lot of the old Nintendo games (Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Kid Icarus/etc), Deus Ex, Final Fantasy 7 (yeah kinda cliche but whatev, I still likes it), Bionic Commando (ReArmed), and MegaMan's pretty badass too.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:27 pm

Another pair of games with music that I reall liked were Knights of the Old Republic and it's sequel. Here's some samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DtVBD6W ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeoGAKXs ... re=related
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:42 pm

got a video game song i can't identify stuck in my head i think it's from Final Fantasy 8 or Breath of Fire 3...or 4... hate when you can't identify it but it can burrow in your brain!
EDIT: FOUND IT
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
sketchlord123

Postby sketchlord123 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:33 am

I don't. I play/watch Guitar Hero too much. It makes me EVIL!!! :twisted:
After 6 long months, Sketch is back.

Don't let the proctologist with a
hammer get you!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”