Same Sex Bill in New York

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Tweeks_Coffee

Re: Same Sex Bill in New York

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:40 am

FYI, folks, undecided senator Greg Ball is asking for responses and arguments on his Twitter and facebook pages. I suggest you go there and let him know your opinion, maybe you can get him to vote yes and get this thing through.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0611/57366.html

Barack_Obama wrote:HOLY CRAP IT'S YOU!

Not like you would remember me, I didn't talk much when you were on regularly.

I'm gtaca2005, btw. Can't access my old account.

Sure, I remember you being around. You posted some on the Kyle thread back in the day, right?
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:45 am

Maybe our words could change his mind... he probably only listens to constituents though I doubt he reads everything it'd be like kyle's letter to cuba getting casto to step down. He'll be convinced by powerful people we can't compete with. Is his vote really that deciding?

A bunch of oldfags seem to have returned since the last episode. Can't remember "obama" posting on a south park related thread or even imagine it though. Good to see people back for however long that lasts.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:49 am

Unassumption wrote:Maybe our words could change his mind... he probably only listens to constituents though I doubt he reads everything it'd be like kyle's letter to cuba getting casto to step down. He'll be convinced by powerful people we can't compete with. Is his vote really that deciding?

A bunch of oldfags seem to have returned since the last episode. Can't remember "obama" posting on a south park related thread or even imagine it though. Good to see people back for however long that lasts.

Nah, I um.... Didn't post much in SP related threads. >_>
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Tweeks_Coffee

Postby Tweeks_Coffee » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:53 am

Unassumption wrote:Maybe our words could change his mind... he probably only listens to constituents though I doubt he reads everything it'd be like kyle's letter to cuba getting casto to step down. He'll be convinced by powerful people we can't compete with. Is his vote really that deciding?

They're one vote shy of getting it passed to the next step. This is democracy in action for a change, it won't hurt to try.

Barack_Obama wrote:Nah, I um.... Didn't post much in SP related threads. >_>

Heh, oh well, I used to post more in off-topic anyways
Brendle

Postby Brendle » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:39 am

This is unreal.

People have taken THIS long to realize that gay people deserve the same rights/opportunities as non-gay people.

The world is completely retarded.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:19 am

Some states (let alone nations) will take even longer and there's no certainty it'll pass in NY - even if it does not everyone will believe they're equal for a long time. Sad to say but the world will be stupid for as long as we're alive at least =/ and this is just one of the many ways we're stupid :D
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:22 am

Brendle wrote:This is unreal.

People have taken THIS long to realize that gay people deserve the same rights/opportunities as non-gay people.

The world is completely retarded.

I agree with you. Both as a logical human, and a cynic (although one can argue both are one in the same).

But I'm also part of the "completely retarded world". And, being a part of it, while also rejecting these views that "make" the world "completely retarded", I will tell you right now that it's not the world that's retarded. It's obviously a certain part of the world. And that certain part of the world has one thing in common.

Ignorance.

And what is the cause of 99% of that ignorance?

The literal interpretation of organized monotheistic religion.

But this is a two-way road. See, some people may call me 'ignorant' for pointing a finger at religion for being the culprit behind this particular issue. But let's take a look at it. What is supposed to be a political issue, is actually not. It's a religious issue. The non-religious, and the majority of the liberal religious, do NOT have a problem with allowing homosexuals to get married. What is, by FAR, the largest dividing point...the median...between the POLITICAL parties?

Religion.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:09 am

Hella other causes of ignorance, mostly bad schooling leaving people's minds empty; but it takes something like religion (or FOX news) to fill the vaccuum with lies. Enough people 'believe' vaguely that they can keep spreading the idea and perpetuate it; but more specific interpritations like the anti-gay one need institutions like the church to keep them alive. We need voices as loud as theirs, but respecting truth as we do make the tactics they use effective as they are abhorrent to us. Maybe some energy input is needed to keep even the vague stuff alive in the face of facts.

Specific forms of religion and the republican party are almost one at this point so much for church state seperation, but pretend they're seperate for tactics maybe?

Making this an us vs them fight is a good tactic when you have a numbers advantage; on secularism vs religion we don't but on tolerance vs homophobia we may well, let's keep it that second battle even if the root cause is religion.

Homophobia mostly stems from certain monotheistic cults, they don't have to be anti-sex the big ones just are in this part of the world. Maybe suppressing sex and redirecting the urges to themselves helps any idea get ahead.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:34 pm

All right, I'm back. I've been searching all over, can't find anything new on the issue. I'll keep looking.

*edit* Found SOMEthing: http://www.cnn.com/2011/US/06/21/new.yo ... =allsearch

Yes, the debates can continue...
Can't we all just get along?
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:47 am

Can't we all just get along?
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:17 am

One more state getting into the 21st century.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:48 am

Well, this is good, but I'm not all that impressed. This is NY we're talking about.

When this happens in, say, Alabama, Kentucky, or Texas, then that will be a true sign of hope.

One step at a time, though... :|
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:39 am

Pip Tweek wrote:Well, this is good, but I'm not all that impressed. This is NY we're talking about.

When this happens in, say, Alabama, Kentucky, or Texas, then that will be a true sign of hope.

One step at a time, though... :|

New York (particularly NYC) is already known for its gay population anyway.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:22 am

Pip Tweek wrote:Well, this is good, but I'm not all that impressed. This is NY we're talking about.

Yeah... Or hey, maybe California, which has voted it down, what, twice now?
Put in that light, New York just got a bit more impressive ;)
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
FreeWillzyx83

Postby FreeWillzyx83 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:54 am

Glad it passed. Nice to see history coming around.

Also, I thought this was funny and to the point:

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”