Poutine: A Public Service Announcement

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Player 1

Poutine: A Public Service Announcement

Postby Player 1 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 5:53 pm

Greetings, buddies!

In a recent episode of South Park, "Crack Baby Athletic Association", Cartman invests a portion of his new income in a hot tub filled with KFC Gravy, into which he dips McDonalds fries. Kyle later mentions that this is called "Poutine" in Montreal.

Well, I live in montreal, and I would just like to clarify that Poutine is a dish of fries, topped with gravy AND cheese curds.

Fries and gravy is just fries and gravy.

That is all Thanks for your time and have a pleasant weekend.
GeminiShamrock

Re: Poutine: A Public Service Announcement

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:57 pm

I hate to be a buzzkill, but this belongs in the South Park Bloopers forum as well as the Post-Air Discussion thread for "Crack Baby Athletic Association." Just trying to help.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:12 pm

GeminiShamrock wrote:I hate to be a buzzkill, but this belongs in the South Park Bloopers forum as well as the Post-Air Discussion thread for "Crack Baby Athletic Association." Just trying to help.

I'm pretty sure it's a joke

just a thought
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 pm

They are ten years old, they should not be expected to be accurate in everything.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:16 am

Can "shut the hell up" be considered a PSA?

I'm just kidding dude. But really though, shut the hell up, hippie.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:21 am

Actually, I first heard of poutine 10 years ago..I was working at Burger King then. We would see a lot of customers from Canada, because we were 45 minutes from the border. One day some people from Canada came in and asked if we had poutine, I said no, and I asked what it was. They told me it was fries with gravy and cheese curds and it was really good.
NeuroHeart

Postby NeuroHeart » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:24 am

GeminiShamrock wrote:this belongs in [...] the Post-Air Discussion thread for "Crack Baby Athletic Association."

Funny enough, it was brought up there by someone or other. Really didn't require its own thread.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:10 am

I think it was mentioned in the first page of the CBAA post-air discussion thread.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:25 am

LOL.It is funny how everyone is all "Blame Canada" over him posting a thread about poutine in offtopic.. I mean geez, I have been here the longest, and by that logic, if anyone has the right to be a board Nazi, it is me...That is, if I was the kind of person who gets annoyed over petty things like this. This is offtopic. If he wants to talk about poutine, he can..f*ck, how many threads did we have about ice cream and candy in past years? Welcome to the board Player1,hope you are having a pleasant weekend too..So, what resteraunts in Canada do you think have the best poutine?
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:08 am

M00ndragon69 wrote:LOL.It is funny how everyone is all "Blame Canada" over him posting a thread about poutine in offtopic.. I mean geez, I have been here the longest, and by that logic, if anyone has the right to be a board Nazi, it is me...That is, if I was the kind of person who gets annoyed over petty things like this. This is offtopic. If he wants to talk about poutine, he can..f*ck, how many threads did we have about ice cream and candy in past years? Welcome to the board Player1,hope you are having a pleasant weekend too..So, what resteraunts in Canada do you think have the best poutine?

there's also the fact that no one listened to me when I said that this is probably a joke

oh well
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:51 pm

My grandma was born in the Wallonia region of Belgium in 1921. Her first language is French, and she loves everything about France, its language, and its culture. She thinks French Canada is a joke and that French-Canadians don't speak "real French".

She says poutine is 'fries and gravy', and didn't elaborate. I didn't ask her to, for good reason.

She thinks "American food" is also a joke, and that it's not "real food". I WAS going to ask her why "fries and gravy" is the real deal when it hails from the land of wine, fleur de lis, and arrogant assholes, but when this most culturally 'American-sounding' of dishes is prepared and served here, it's just flat-out wrong.

But I decided not to ask her that, either.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:30 pm

Hmmm...never had poutine before, is it any good?
Can't we all just get along?
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:51 pm

I hate French Canadians....you're NOT French, and you're NOT Canadians. You are f*ckin Quebecians who should succede from that country because all the rest of Canada doesn't like you either and yes, you are a joke to us Americans too (especially up around New England/Boston).

now..back on topic. I like Gravy and Fries. They actually go together nicely :mrgreen: Cheese probably wouldn't be too bad but to be honest, I'm not a huge cheese fan :|

To other countries: American food is a joke. French Fries are NOT from France. Chiniese Food is NOT from China (at least what I'm used to eating and unless you live in Chinatown). But to each his own. I like American food, and even though it's fatening as hell, I wouldn't change it for anything. :D
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:14 am

Ex1lepr0 wrote:Hmmm...never had poutine before, is it any good?

:/ I've never exactly had "Poutine" either. I've dipped fries in gravy many, many times. I prefer white cream gravy to brown though.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:41 am

Sometimes if I go to a buffet, I get fries with gravy on them, if they have fries. It is pretty good. I used to also like getting the chicken strip basket at Dairy Queen, with the country gravy and fries on the side...And I would dip the fries in the gravy...But I don't really go to Dairy Queen anymore, I would rather just make home made chicken strips. I am thinking about making homemade fries and gravy some time.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”