The Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

BigGuy101

The Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen

Postby BigGuy101 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:51 pm

The Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen comes out on the 19th. I heard Seth MacFarlane is the host. Does anyone else plan on watching it?
My favorite SP characters: Cartman and Butters.

My favorite food: anything pasta related.
BRMBug

Re: The Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen

Postby BRMBug » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:57 pm

I dunno. The promo for it was pretty funny.
"Roasts" these day though have just turned into a contest to see who can say the most over the top and shocking thing about a person. And even then it's not necessarily about the person being roasted. :? I swear, it's enough to make Don Rickles turn over in his still-living grave. :twisted:
starlitlight

Postby starlitlight » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:10 pm

Meh. This Charlie Sheen guy is overrated and really exasperating all over the media and watching him getting roast on CC is not worth watching, for me that is.
Favorite characters: Stan, Cartman and Butters
Favorite episodes: Whale Whores, My future self n me, Cartman gets an anal probe, Raisins
Favorite pairing: Stan/Cartman :)
louiedthe1st

Postby louiedthe1st » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:01 am

I saw a preview of the roast, and this was one of Seth's jokes:

"Charlie Sheen is his american name. His original name is 'Senor Drugs'."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :x

So if that was one of the funniest moments they could find to put in the trailer for the roast, I think I'll be sitting this one out.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:50 am

I didn't care about it so I didn't watch. Also, Charlie Sheen's a douche. (Well, that's what I think of him, anyway.)
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:52 pm

I didn't even bother.
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Flavis

Postby Flavis » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:05 pm

CartmansWhore wrote:I didn't even bother.

WoW....just wow....I can't believe what I am hearing.

How can you guys be so insensitive to a guy who is clearly troubled and who is clearly trying his best to rebuild his image and rebuild his life? How can you stand by and allow his roast to go un-watched and un-listened too? For years Mr. Sheen has entertain us with his humor, his with and his charm and for you all to turn your backs on him in his time of need, is simply disgraceful.

I expected more from my fellow Southparkians, I expected more from my comrades in arms....

I admit I have not seen the roast myself, but it's not for lack of trying, I've just been busy lately, but I will take the time to see, and I will like it with all my heart.

/Captain Flavis signing out.....
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:54 pm

I watched a couple minutes of it. And like I said. Worse stuff was said about the ancillary roasters than the roastee.
BigGuy101

Postby BigGuy101 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:04 pm

^ Not me. I saw it and really liked it. You guys missed out on a lot. Then again, you guys care even if the world were to end.

What do you guys have against the guy. I agree with Flavis, none of us has a right to judge. Nobody here knows Charlie Sheen better than himself.
My favorite SP characters: Cartman and Butters.

My favorite food: anything pasta related.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:16 pm

...winning!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Flavis

Postby Flavis » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:31 pm

BigGuy101 wrote:^ Not me. I saw it and really liked it. You guys missed out on a lot. Then again, you guys care even if the world were to end.

What do you guys have against the guy. I agree with Flavis, none of us has a right to judge. Nobody here knows Charlie Sheen better than himself.

QFT my friend, quoted for FREAKIN TRUTH MAN!!!

Charlie Sheen reminds me of myself sometimes when I'm having a really bad day and I really need a drink, a hug and a kiss on the cheek but that's beside the point. The point is Charlie Sheen is human, he makes mistakes, and he learns like us all!!!!

And to be honest, I think there is a little Charlie Sheen in all of us, dancing in the crack of our asses, waiting to come out and play, but sadly, I think most of the people here are too ashamed to admit it and so their inner suffering continues until their souls wither and crumble away. :-(
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:05 am

I give him credit for getting help for his problems a decade ago, but now, he just doesn't care. I should probably admire him for at least being himself, but I don't. Maybe it's the fact I have a different set of morals and didn't grow up the son of a famous actor, but I don't like the guy.

Anyway, that's just my opinion. Take it or leave it. I don't care.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:14 am

Eh, it was alright. The presence of Mike Tyson provided the most entertainment in my opinion.

No one should be surprised that roasters spent more time roasting each other than the guest of honor. That's how these things have always worked. It's part of the fun.

At least CC started airing promos for season 15.5 during that. (Well as far as I know.) They seem to reflect our own uncertainty as to what to expect next month.

You read it! You can't unread it!
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:26 am

Roasts make fun of everyone who is there. Which is not difficult when Jeff Ross, Seth McFarline, and William Shatner are in the room :|

The best thing of the night was Mike Tyson punching someone that he actually broke the guys nose :o

As for the roast itself, the previews made it funnier than what it was. A lot of the jokes were based upon his women and ex-wives, and then saying that he will either die soon or relapse into craziness. it was still funny but whatever. I actually liked David Hasslehoff's better. That was f*ckin hilarious!! :lol:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:40 am

I heard some more clips from it this afternoon on the radio, and am coming slightly around on it. (but it's still just so damn easy to roast Chuck Shen)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”