Bigger Forum and Scrollable Images! DOWNLOAD NOW

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Re: Bigger Forum and Scrollable Images! DOWNLOAD NOW

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:24 pm

I noticed two super minor things with the theme:

In the upper left where it says "Hi <username>", the user's name is invisible. The type is too dark of a color.

The other thing is the formatting of the login at the bottom of the forum. I usually navigate to the forum and sign in at the bottom rather than signing in at the main page, so that's how I noticed. I doubt anyone else would even notice because once you're logged in, that part goes away. So unless you're looking at the forum without logging in, you wouldn't see it.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:59 pm

Fixed the login at the bottom of the forum, looking into the font color at the top login soon. I just know, they way I have everything in the code, it is going to be a bitch to get JUST that font to change. But I need to do it anyway, need to get used to doing things the hard way, taking shortcuts like I do makes changing one element effect everything else. Will be a good lesson to me.

I also made it effect only the forums now, so I don't have to fix the whole damn site.

EDIT: Both issues fixed now. Will tweak things here and there every so often to make it a little nicer. Like the misalignment of the "view your posts" on the forum navbar. That isn't my style's fault, it's like that whether you use it or not, the style sheet I made just pronounces the misalignment by stretching the forum wider. But no reason I can't fix it for my style... in a bit. I have things to do.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:14 pm

One more thing to potentially look into: The color of bolded text is a gray color that's a little too close to the background gray.

Bold Text

Larger Fonts

I imagine this could get quite burdensome to keep tweaking little errors and getting it just right only to have SPS update the site somehow that makes you have to go back and do most of it all again.

One of the reasons I'll stick with being an end user.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:41 pm

I have only one objection. Links are the same colour as the rest of the text. See? Random link. Other than that, works great!
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:35 am

Still have to fix the gray text and link issues. It's just a clusterfuck of CSS IDs in the original style sheet, so it is hard to pin point the correct things. But it can be done.

Will get to work on that.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:26 am

Sorry to double post, but for some reason I can't edit that post.

Anyway, it is fixed now.... for Firefox. Chrome's "Stylish" isn't liking something about the bold and bigger text. But both are fixed with the color of links.
http://userstyles.org/styles/54263/sout ... 1327371902

EDIT

DURRRRR I was on the other browser and wasn't logged in on that tab and didn't refresh so it didn't show it, should have realised when I also couldn't quote. Still leaving it, it's more effort to delete this post and then edit the other than to write this little explanation. :P

- Unassumption
Johntoreno07

Postby Johntoreno07 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:41 pm

Barack_Obama wrote:Sorry to double post, but for some reason I can't edit that post.

Anyway, it is fixed now.... for Firefox. Chrome's "Stylish" isn't liking something about the bold and bigger text. But both are fixed with the color of links.
http://userstyles.org/styles/54263/sout ... 1327371902

EDIT

DURRRRR I was on the other browser and wasn't logged in on that tab and didn't refresh so it didn't show it, should have realised when I also couldn't quote. Still leaving it, it's more effort to delete this post and then edit the other than to write this little explanation. :P
Hey man the layout change has made this script buggy can you fix it? i really don't like all black forums my eyes are color sensitive.

People may say i'm necroing this thread but really c'mon this is a really important thread! south park needs a theme change.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:26 pm

For update for new style update click >>here<<

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”