Defining moment of 2011. Go.

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

GeminiShamrock

Re: Defining moment of 2011. Go.

Postby GeminiShamrock » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:14 am

I found love, then lost it. Awesome? :|
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:20 am

Don't feel bad. I had a good friendship going with someone, then the person became a complete assh*le and a raging dick. Yep that sums up 2011.... :( :|
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:23 am

mo303564 wrote:Don't feel bad. I had a good friendship going with someone, then the person became a complete assh*le and a raging dick. Yep that sums up 2011.... :( :|

Oh, you're so coy, aren't you?

I didn't "become" an asshole. I was who I always was, until I discovered YOU were the asshole. Am I a dick for calling you out on your bogus perceptions of my homosexual friends and extended family members that I care so much about? On your opinion that their lifestyle is "wrong" and they they need to be fixed? Boy, I will fix YOU up.

If you got something to say to me, say it to my face. If you're scared of getting ripped to pieces, disable your account, disconnect your keyboard, and keep your trap shut.

And this is my defining moment of 2011.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:49 pm

Newswise? Things going on as usual after big shakes. North Korea having an uneventful succession after KJII dying, soldiers leaving Iraq followed by someone trying to take power, Lybia having to call in air support, Egyptian army rule after they got rid of their leader, OWS and students in england going home, hell Steve Jobs dying but Apple staying on.

For me personally? Any time I lost my Internet connection for a few days and realized how dependent I am on it? That or me changing course at college because I'm finally ready to admit I suck at chemistry.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:25 pm

Who said I was discussing you first of all? :?

I had other issues with people who were assh*les this year besides YOU...or have you forgotten?

I was cyberbullied and betrayed by someone. Some other people this year who seemed nice turned out to be real shitheads and they are no longer part of my life (he left school, and I just ignore that bitch..then defrended her).

I do have some nice friends, but if you are going to act that way and purposfully jump to conclusions like that, well then I can see why it's a good thing I'm not your friend anymore!! :evil:

and another thing: Stop criticizing the way I think about homosexuals. I have some friends who are gay, and I have nothing against them. They are very nice people, and if they want to be that way than so be it. I have no problem with that so long as it is private and what who they are. I am for them having rights, just not as a "marraige". I have my own religious beliefs and if you cannot understand different people, than you have a lot of growing up to do! The world is not just like Neils.

and what the hell did I ever say about your family? I NEVER said anything bad about your family. I don't even know your family well. Stop making sh*t up just to make yourself feel better.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:52 pm

mo303564 wrote:I had other issues with people who were assh*les this year besides YOU...or have you forgotten?

A. You never mentioned it to me.
B. I don't care.
C. There's probably a damn good reason.

mo303564 wrote:I have no problem with that so long as it is private and what who they are.

Do you ever complain about straight people not keeping their orientation private? You never seemed to have a problem with a guy saying something about his girlfriend, but when a guy starts talking about his boyfriend, you just don't want to "get involved."

mo303564 wrote:I am for them having rights, just not as a "marraige".

Then you don't. You shouldn't get to choose what rights they should have. We've had this discussion before. I've seen some of your comments on Yahoo News. Unfortunately, the articles are so old they probably don't exist anymore.

mo303564 wrote:I have my own religious beliefs and if you cannot understand different people, than you have a lot of growing up to do!

I do understand different people, and I understand your beliefs. It's because you were indoctrinated at a young age and you sincerely believe the words of a 2,000-year-old fiction anthology. Just because it's bullshit doesn't mean I don't know why you believe what you believe.

mo303564 wrote:and what the hell did I ever say about your family? I NEVER said anything bad about your family. I don't even know your family well.

If you don't believe homosexuals should have the same rights as everyone else, then you have a problem with my stepsister, her wife, and a couple other people in my extended family. I love them very much and support them 100%. They are in a very happy and committed relationship, and for you to say they don't deserve that is a blow to the face.
The New PT

Postby The New PT » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Not trying to backseat mod, but you guys are starting to worry me because you're taking your personal conflict and derailing a topical thread.

It's not my business to tell anyone what to do here, but I'd kind of like to see this thread get back on track.

Okay, so... I think we can say 2011 was the year of political turmoil. Any other suggestions?
I shall crush the timechild, and eat his entrails on my tummy!
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:16 pm

I was thinking the same thing, PT. Someone had to say it.

On topic: The guy who created the teleprompter died this year. I say that's pretty significant. (Thank you, Cracked.com!)
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:01 am

I think we can say 2011 was the year of political turmoil.

Even if it started years ago, the recession is still probably the biggest thing this year.

The stuff with the most lasting impact probably didn't get much attention - the slow improvements in technology and knowledge probably.

I had other issues with people who were assh*les this year

On this website, I'd say this has been a year of peace, with very little drama. A great year for south park too. What's your 2011 SPS or SP moment?
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:22 am

My joining the South Park BBS is my BBS moment of 2011. Seriously, this is one of the best decisions I ever made. I really do love you guys.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:51 am

I forgot you only been here a year gemini, you became part of this site already :)
starting to make videos on YT and getting active on here again took up 1/2 m time in 2011 so should be defining moments ._.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:01 am

Well, I love South Park...a lot! :D And a lot of you were accepting of me when I joined, which I really do appreciate.
The New PT

Postby The New PT » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:32 am

As you've seen, Gemini, a lot of people come and go on this board. You always just seemed to fit in from the beginning, I think it was just a natural compatibility with the group. Your posts are interesting, especially the Coast to Coast stuff. So yeah, post moar :3
I shall crush the timechild, and eat his entrails on my tummy!
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:52 am

The New PT wrote:As you've seen, Gemini, a lot of people come and go on this board. You always just seemed to fit in from the beginning, I think it was just a natural compatibility with the group. Your posts are interesting, especially the Coast to Coast stuff. So yeah, post moar :3

But that's the thing, PT. I believe in the whole "quality, not quantity" aspect of posting, and I try to adhere to that. I don't like posting just to post. I'll make more posts about Coast to Coast AM though, as long as you promise to actually blow up the moon. :lol: Deal?
Duke Silver

Postby Duke Silver » Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:13 am

I guess the defining moment of 2011, and lets face it, the history of the universe as we know it was the premiere of "Whitney". ALL SHALL BOW DOWN TO OUR ONE TRUE SAVIOR WHITNEY CUMMINGS, AS WAS PROPHESISED .
Previously "Jake, M'kay?"

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”