Is the PlayStation Vita worth getting?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

BigGuy101

Is the PlayStation Vita worth getting?

Postby BigGuy101 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:55 pm

Sony is about to release the PSP successor, the PlayStation Vita. I was just about to purchase today, since I have more than enough money to do so (I won the lottery and got 100,000). But then I pulled and wondered, Is it really worth buying?

Now I'm a gamer, and I knew that a huge percentage of you don't really play video games.

I'm not that psyched about the games they have for, or UNCHARTED: GOLDEN ABYSS. Although I did hear that they were making a BIOSHOCK game for that, and I'd like to see that.

Do you guys think it is every dime I have?
My favorite SP characters: Cartman and Butters.

My favorite food: anything pasta related.
triplemultiplex

Re: Is the PlayStation Vita worth getting?

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Wait a minute, dude, I think you just buried the lead. Did you really win 100 Grand in the lottery?

If so, that is completely awesome!

You read it! You can't unread it!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Gosh, 100 grand? I wouldn't bother with game consoles, but then, I'm not much of a gamer.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:55 pm

:shock:

I am reading $100,000 and not $10,000 yes (or am I missing a zero...and it's $1,000,000)??

If so, than congrats dude! :D

Moneywise: I wouldn't bother. From what I've heard it's not worth the asking price. Sony has been going downhill as of late. See what Microsoft comes out with next year in the XBOX extravangza....or just wait for the PS3D or PS4 whatever the hell they will call it next :o
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
arr345

Postby arr345 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:25 am

thanks for the ps3 you bought me robbie! youre so sweet and sugar
BigGuy101

Postby BigGuy101 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:49 am

Its really true. I did buy her a PS3 with the money I won.

And if youre wondering, How the hell this dude got another BBSer a PS3? Well for those not in the know, we're friends even in person.

Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:09 am

Right now I'm mixed on the Vita. I like they're ditching that stupid UMD nonsense, but I think I'll wait and see how it handles here. It's had problems in Japan and that makes me worry. The 3DS was slow out of the gate too, but I guess we'll just have to see what there is to see when it gets here.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
yelling turtles

Postby yelling turtles » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:07 am

I am pretty sure it will be the same as the other sony portables,

I dont recommend getting it.
Did you set it to wumbo?
Solid Snake1019

Postby Solid Snake1019 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:02 am

i think it will most certainly be worth getting. the Augmented reality, cross play games, AMAZING specs, and if you dont have AT&T, you dont need to worry. you can get a contract free data plan for it too. i think its absoultly worth it. and yeah i know the LAUNCH titles are not great but they are coming out with more. Mortal Kombat, Call of Duty are the big two. personally im crossing my fingers for a Twisted Metal or even a Metal Gear Solid, but that will most likley not happen. i really do not beileve its just another Sony handheld. this thing is litterally a PS3 portable and more. its just a step short of an iPhone actually. i say get it. i know i am.
BigGuy101

Postby BigGuy101 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:00 pm

Well, its official. Yesterday, I went down to McDonalds to get a Big Mac, fries, and a coke. When I was finished eating, I was arguing with myself whether to get the PS Vita. I came to a conclusion. I said, "f*ck it I'm get the Vita." And sure enough I did. I like that you can play Vita games and still enjoy PSP titles, but you have to import them.

It came with UNCHARTED: GOLDEN ABYSS. It's pretty good, though I still prefer the ones Naughty Dog, Inc. developed. I'm waiting for RESISTANCE: BURNING SKIES to release.

The Vita's Internet Brower's JavaScript works pretty well, to be honest. It even reads SouthParkStudios.com, Facebook, and Youtube, no crashes.

I'm playing with it now. I'm taking it everywhere I go (I'm this big mall in Ventura, CA). I'm posting here through the Vita now. Though its nothing to brag about. Still it was worth it.

Okay, you can lock this thread now Big-Will.

arr345

Postby arr345 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:17 am

He's had that thing in his face all day at the mall and all day in Oxnard, CA. Port Hueneme that is. Me and another one of our friends Trisha have been trying to get it out his hands.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”