Could I be possibly sick?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

BigGuy101

Could I be possibly sick?

Postby BigGuy101 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:12 am

Okay, so this morning, me and Amy and another friend were going to class as we would every other Monday. When we were listening to our professor give a presentation. Then I began to feel nauseous, followed by a nosebleed. So I went to sleep (as usual), when I woke up, I must've traveled back to the 1930s because I litterally saw the world in black and white, and not one bit of evidence of color. In addition, I was a little deaf.

My symptoms are gone now (this lasted the entire day) but boy do I have a headache. My doctor says its nothing, but now I'm worried.
My favorite SP characters: Cartman and Butters.

My favorite food: anything pasta related.
arr345

Re: Could I be possibly sick?

Postby arr345 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:15 am

Not to mention you were vomiting blood when class was over.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:32 am

WebMD has more accuracy and qualifications than a South Park message board.

A medical doctor has more accuracy and qualifications than WebMD.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:24 am

ehhh. I'd trust WebMD more than I would some doctors. It depends on whom the doctor is....if he's done it for years and is credible than sure, send me to a doctor.

If he's a PAC....well, it would depend on a few things. A) how smart is the bitch and B) is she hot XD. :wink: :P

Seriously though, some PAC's have the brain of a cat. They might be book-smart, but when it comes to actual diagnosis, they are shitheads. :roll:

Now: Blood vomit? Oh dear yea if that persisted I would have went to the ER. I don't worry much about Nausea and headaches (migraines, sinus pressure, nasal decongestion etc)....but I wouldn't mess around with blood vomit, the nosebleed also concerns me.

EDIT: WebMD said it could be a few things. In particular, the most logical it seems to me is that you could have just had a low Iron count. The next obvious would be a severe sinus infection. Hypertention is also possible...which would make more sense if you recently changed medication.

On the more SEVERE side...it could be Labryinthitis: an ear infection/inflamation. The most critical would be either Gastrointestional bleeding, or appendicitis.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:12 am

BigGuy101 wrote:My symptoms are gone now (this lasted the entire day) but boy do I have a headache. My doctor says its nothing, but now I'm worried.

Well, BigGuy101, it's good news that your symptoms are gone now :D

I'm glad you saw your doctor. But if you're worried, go see him/her again. And if the symptoms return by all means go back there as soon as you can. But as a non-trained medical person (me), it sounds like you're on the road to recovery :)

Keep us posted here in this thread BigGuy101. Glad you're feeling better.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:55 pm

Wow! I've never heard anyone had those symptomes before. Hope it's nothing serious.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:07 pm

I don't know if you are or not. I'd go to the doctor just in case.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
arr345

Postby arr345 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:09 pm

Robbie just collapsed when him, me, and Trisha were at Denny's. He says it happened again. He's in the hospital.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:15 pm

arr345 wrote:Robbie just collapsed when him, me, and Trisha were at Denny's. He says it happened again. He's in the hospital.

Crap. :( I'm praying for him as we speak. Give him my best, please?
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:17 pm

I guess his question is answered: yes, he's sick. Low blood pressure or anemia, imho.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BigGuy101

Postby BigGuy101 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:44 am

Well people I'm back from the hospital. Turns out it was just food poisoning. Apparently, im allergic to strawberries and eggs (which i had for breakfast, not together) I'll be all right. :D
My favorite SP characters: Cartman and Butters.

My favorite food: anything pasta related.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:41 am

Eggs is in a lot of things though :( That sucks dude.

Will: I thought it was Anemia too (from earlier) but I guess it was an allergic reaction.

Well stay well and safe. We care for you! :)
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:57 am

you vomit blood. blood supposed to be inside. :arrow: hospital now
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:13 pm

You lived your whole life blisfully unaware that you're allergic to starwberries and eggs? My cousin (which I have never met) found out he was allergic to wheat when he was 18. He was sick all his life and doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with him.
Sucks that you can't eat strawberries and lots of cakes anymore.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:31 pm

I'm not calling you out, Rob, and I'm glad you're doing better, but I'm having a very hard time believing you're severely allergic to eggs. They're in almost a quarter of the foods you probably ate on a daily basis for your whole life without realizing it, and all of the sudden this happens? You even say your favorite food is anything pertaining to pasta, which often uses eggs. I'm pretty sure the process would be a bit more gradual. People can become allergic to something they had no reaction to before over time, but it wouldn't happen that quickly to my knowledge.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”