Any King Of The Hill Fans!?!?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

BearGrylls

Any King Of The Hill Fans!?!?

Postby BearGrylls » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:37 pm

There's gotta be a few on the South Park forums!
But anyways, what'd you think of the character Connie (Kahn's Daughter) on King Of The Hill?
Me and a few friends are having a debate of sort and need some opinions! 8)
So did you like Connie/Kahn Jr. or not? Reasons?
Cartmansnoopy

Re: Any King Of The Hill Fans!?!?

Postby Cartmansnoopy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:12 pm

BearGrylls wrote:There's gotta be a few on the South Park forums!
But anyways, what'd you think of the character Connie (Kahn's Daughter) on King Of The Hill?
Me and a few friends are having a debate of sort and need some opinions! 8)
So did you like Connie/Kahn Jr. or not? Reasons?

[white]I love King of the Hill ! I can watch every episode and it makes my day! 8) :) :lol[/white]:
arik231

Postby arik231 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:43 pm

damnit bobby give me that god dang video game
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:41 pm

Connie's alright. From a writing perspective she paired well Bobby. The nerdy but still hot girl gets into shenanigans with the care free, somewhat dopey fat kid; the intellectual and the clown.

It was frustrating that Bobby didn't at least get to second base with Connie. You know, before she realizes she's way out of his league.

King of the Hill was always just an okay show in my opinion. The formula seemed to be, "Lets put our straight man (Hank) into crazy situations with his idiot neighbors and boss and see what happens." Probably my biggest criticism is the way they did that show like it was just another 2 camera sit-com. They rarely used the animation medium to do all the interesting camera angles and play with the colors and stuff to take advantage of the fact that it's a cartoon show.

You read it! You can't unread it!
bazi42

Postby bazi42 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:27 am

honestly, connie reminded me of daria.

the show wasn't bad overall, but in some cases, it was like mike judge was trying to hard to get past beavis and butthead.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:16 am

bazi42 wrote:honestly, connie reminded me of daria.

the show wasn't bad overall, but in some cases, it was like mike judge was trying to hard to get past beavis and butthead.

I agree. Still, I liked it.

Also...HOLY CRAP! YOU'RE BACK! Woo hoo!
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:34 am

I love King of the Hill...I watched it from the first episodes..By the time it started, I was already a huge fan of Mike Judge's, because of Beavis and Butthead..And, I didn't see it as Mike trying too hard to get past Beavis and Butthead..His humor comes from how his characters react to things around them, and different characters are going to behave differently.

I liked Connie..She didn't really remind me of Daria though...They are both intelligent girls ( which is super cool, I like seeing intelligent female characters), but Daria seemed more to use her intelligence to rebel against her parents on most episodes of her show..Connie rebelled against her parents too, but not as often. I kind of felt sorry for her, because her parents were telling her who to date, and if my parents did that to me, I would be pissed.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:31 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:Connie's alright. From a writing perspective she paired well Bobby. The nerdy but still hot girl gets into shenanigans with the care free, somewhat dopey fat kid; the intellectual and the clown.

It was frustrating that Bobby didn't at least get to second base with Connie. You know, before she realizes she's way out of his league.

King of the Hill was always just an okay show in my opinion. The formula seemed to be, "Lets put our straight man (Hank) into crazy situations with his idiot neighbors and boss and see what happens." Probably my biggest criticism is the way they did that show like it was just another 2 camera sit-com. They rarely used the animation medium to do all the interesting camera angles and play with the colors and stuff to take advantage of the fact that it's a cartoon show.

Yep! *takes an Almo can*
Yep!

Connie is just the girl next door to both Bobby and Joseph; I think a mistake was made that she wasn't actively pursued (is that even the right word?) by others in her class. Just that one episode where she went out with the son of the guy who was on the board of directors of 9 rivers golf course in order to help her father become a member of that golf course. But at this age she limits her friends to Bobby and Joseph her next door neighbors :?
BearGrylls

Postby BearGrylls » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:27 pm

I'll have to agree with most of your comments.

But why in the world did they use Connie so little in the later seasons? It's not like they over did it in the earlier seasons, Am I right?
bazi42

Postby bazi42 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:13 pm

the writers probably decided the character had run its course and put it more and more into the background. take a look some other shows that have (or had) long runs and you'll see the same thing happening.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”