what do you consider a famous or great/sad event on BBS

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

(ugly)Bob

what do you consider a famous or great/sad event on BBS

Postby (ugly)Bob » Sun May 27, 2012 7:58 am

in other words, list an event that happened to the BBS you would consider historical or notable. I will start.

A) the mass banning regarding Scientology...
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
GeminiShamrock

Re: what do you consider a famous or great/sad event on BBS

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sun May 27, 2012 2:01 pm

B. When a group of new posters, including myself, joined back in 2011 and infused a little bit of new life into this BBS with threads about Coast to Coast AM, using squirrels to invade China, and the death of Osama bin Laden.

C. Everyone melting down over either how much season 15 sucked or the fact that some people believed season 15 sucked. "You don't know what you're talking about because I'm right!" Enjoy the show for what it is: A smart, biting look at pop culture through the eyes of four potty-mouthed elementary school kids. (I've gotten caught up in this a little regarding the "Ass Burgers" episode. There were people who thought South Park was making fun of Asperger's Syndrome when they were actually making the point that it gets overdiagnosed.)
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Sun May 27, 2012 3:39 pm

Gemini: They were making fun of BOTH (aspergers) I mean absolutely it gets overdiagnosed but I wasn't happy about they way they protrayed it as stupid people sh*t.....

Big event: Definately the "BC" whole fisasco. But I cannot say more for the risk of being banned :|

The BBS has a history of some things that just now remain 'off limits' for the goodness of this site. Religion talk is still okay, but it's guarded because we don't offend here based upon ones status. (Just like we don't offend based upon politics). Whoever does shouldn't be here. It's a place of respect for ones ideas and beliefs....even if they are not yours. But boy oh boy can those talks get tense....

Ex: the 'battles' between Christians and Athiests :roll: Good luck getting your two cents in that one.....

Also...the spamming. Don't go putting smiley faces over like 2 lines or you will get banned!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

But that's okay. :wink:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sun May 27, 2012 3:49 pm

I get that they were making fun of it, mo. But to that, I say this: South Park make fun of everything, even things I certainly wouldn't touch! Therefore, I saw it more as an indictment on the overdiagnosis of the disorder (and rightfully so. My crazy aunt thinks I have the disorder, for heaven's sake. Disclosure: She's not crazy because she thinks I have it. She's crazy because, well, she's just crazy.), not necessarily an indictment on people who have it, like you, kfgg, and to a lesser extent, Niels. (But that's just me.)

Another event: When that one guy started posted about the Illuminati over in South Park General Discussion. That was fun!
nwt000

Postby nwt000 » Sun May 27, 2012 8:43 pm

GeminiShamrock wrote:I get that they were making fun of it, mo. But to that, I say this: South Park make fun of everything, even things I certainly wouldn't touch! Therefore, I saw it more as an indictment on the overdiagnosis of the disorder (and rightfully so. My crazy aunt thinks I have the disorder, for heaven's sake. Disclosure: She's not crazy because she thinks I have it. She's crazy because, well, she's just crazy.), not necessarily an indictment on people who have it, like you, kfgg, and to a lesser extent, Niels. (But that's just me.)

Another event: When that one guy started posted about the Illuminati over in South Park General Discussion. That was fun!

Don't forget that I'm an Aspie too!
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Sun May 27, 2012 9:21 pm

- The mass flame war on one thread and some dude wouldnt move on
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Sun May 27, 2012 10:14 pm

nwt000 wrote:
GeminiShamrock wrote:I get that they were making fun of it, mo. But to that, I say this: South Park make fun of everything, even things I certainly wouldn't touch! Therefore, I saw it more as an indictment on the overdiagnosis of the disorder (and rightfully so. My crazy aunt thinks I have the disorder, for heaven's sake. Disclosure: She's not crazy because she thinks I have it. She's crazy because, well, she's just crazy.), not necessarily an indictment on people who have it, like you, kfgg, and to a lesser extent, Niels. (But that's just me.)

Don't forget that I'm an Aspie too!

Yeah, I forgot about that. Sorry.

(ugly)Bob: Are you referring to Reiska or whatever his name is? I remember that! :lol:
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Sun May 27, 2012 10:46 pm

^^ yep
and some other guy (more recent) he was making a flame war with some other dude because some other dude refused to understand his opinion. Tried to tell them to shut up a few times but to no avail... I basically left them to it.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon May 28, 2012 5:13 am

A lot of historic things happened on here in 2004..One thing was the fight with Metal666.. As I recall, he played a sick game with everyone..He posted a bunch of stuff about wanting to kill himself, had a lot of people worried, and trying to post supportive things for him..Then, it turned out, he made it all up for attention..And people were pissed.I didn't see the suicidal things he was writing, because I was only here a couple times a week back then ( because I didn't have my own computer til fall of 2004), but I certainly saw the reaction to his mind games.. Some of the anger against him was expressed in The Venting Story, which was a collaborative story we wrote that year on a thread about venting..As I remember, in the story, characters based on the members of this board beat the living sh*t out of a character based on Metal, after he crashed our party.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon May 28, 2012 6:27 am

Episodes "200" and "201" - the forums were on FIRE with people complaining about the censorship CC put on those episodes and Muslims coming in to warn us of a fatwa against Matt and Trey. The forums were offline for three days after "201" aired and the database got so messed up that a lot of threads were missing clumps of posts. I deleted a lot of threads because they weren't making sense after losing so many posts.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon May 28, 2012 6:33 am

One of my favorite things was the April Fools pranks. Willy Dribble was a giggle, and full-blown Canadiana was amazing on many levels.

Big-Will wrote:Episodes "200" and "201" - the forums were on FIRE with people complaining about the censorship CC put on those episodes and Muslims coming in to warn us of a fatwa against Matt and Trey. The forums were offline for three days after "201" aired and the database got so messed up that a lot of threads were missing clumps of posts. I deleted a lot of threads because they weren't making sense after losing so many posts.

Oh god... I totally forgot about that.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Mon May 28, 2012 7:45 am

anything good happen? lols

how about... when... okay. something funny. i asked Will the mist stupidest question ever... I (now) check what i say and why i say it lots of times before i send my mind into the forums. The question was so stupid i will not repeat it. ever.

another event,... this whole three or two page speech... or something.. i dont know but someone made a HUGE speech... (2010) (i lurked around a bit then) nevermind. we get speeches here all the time i am sure :lol: Brendle for example :lol:
Last edited by (ugly)Bob on Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Mon May 28, 2012 1:26 pm

Speaking of Brendle, I just sit back and laugh every single time he and Niels get into it.
Ex1lepr0

Postby Ex1lepr0 » Mon May 28, 2012 1:32 pm

Well, there was this jerk who joined the forum February 26, 2011. Truly a sad day for everyone involved. :P

The reaction to 200 and 201 I missed, I rememer the reaction to YGO, that was pretty substantial, lots of people kept thinking SP was gonna end.

I also left the forum for two months while I was in boot camp, that was pretty sad for me...
Can't we all just get along?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”