Guy who threatened South Park creators jailed for 11.5 years

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Unassumption
Posts: 3849
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Guy who threatened South Park creators jailed for 11.5 years

Postby Unassumption » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:30 pm

Remember the guy who threatened Matt and Trey after episode 200 showed muhammed? He's just been jailed for 11.5 years.

I think it's a little excessive, if it was just an online threat with nothing to back it up, but I'm not on the jury and it's better than letting people get away with serious threats until they try carrying them out or just get stuff censored. Then again it got censored anyway so it wasn't any victory. Eh some south park news at least.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
CrocoDuck
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Guy who threatened South Park creators jailed for 11.5 y

Postby CrocoDuck » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:05 pm

I guess as long as you have enough money as Matt and Trey you can jail anyone that makes you feel uncomfortable.
Hit me up if you're in So Cal.
NeuroHeart
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Guy who threatened South Park creators jailed for 11.5 y

Postby NeuroHeart » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:30 pm

CrocoDuck wrote:I guess as long as you have enough money as Matt and Trey you can jail anyone that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Did you... did you really just say that? Wow. Yes, the case was clearly about Matt and Trey being made "uncomfortable" (they weren't, btw, the network was) and not about someone making admitted terrorist threats and getting busted by the government that's waging what it calls a "war on terror."
Dumbass.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
maytess12
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:13 pm

Re: Guy who threatened South Park creators jailed for 11.5 y

Postby maytess12 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:30 pm

Well as long as Parker and Stone keep providing quality entertainment for us loyal SP fans, there's no stopping them.
Unassumption
Posts: 3849
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: Guy who threatened South Park creators jailed for 11.5 y

Postby Unassumption » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:58 pm

It's not M and T who sent them to jail. The othet guy got 25 to life from what i heard. I think it's just how the law deals with death threats, I'm sure it's only taken seriously because they're celebs but I doubt they had much of a say in it.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
CrocoDuck
Posts: 37
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:23 am

Re: Guy who threatened South Park creators jailed for 11.5 y

Postby CrocoDuck » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:55 am

NeuroHeart wrote:
CrocoDuck wrote:I guess as long as you have enough money as Matt and Trey you can jail anyone that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Did you... did you really just say that? Wow. Yes, the case was clearly about Matt and Trey being made "uncomfortable" (they weren't, btw, the network was) and not about someone making admitted terrorist threats and getting busted by the government that's waging what it calls a "war on terror."
Dumbass.


I disagree. Also just because you have a female avatar doesn't make you automatically right.
Hit me up if you're in So Cal.
maytess12
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:13 pm

Re: Guy who threatened South Park creators jailed for 11.5 y

Postby maytess12 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:03 am

CrocoDuck wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:
CrocoDuck wrote:I guess as long as you have enough money as Matt and Trey you can jail anyone that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Did you... did you really just say that? Wow. Yes, the case was clearly about Matt and Trey being made "uncomfortable" (they weren't, btw, the network was) and not about someone making admitted terrorist threats and getting busted by the government that's waging what it calls a "war on terror."
Dumbass.


I disagree. Also just because you have a female avatar doesn't make you automatically right.

Hmp.
Zazaban
Posts: 3280
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:32 am

Re: Guy who threatened South Park creators jailed for 11.5 y

Postby Zazaban » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:53 am

CrocoDuck wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:
CrocoDuck wrote:I guess as long as you have enough money as Matt and Trey you can jail anyone that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Did you... did you really just say that? Wow. Yes, the case was clearly about Matt and Trey being made "uncomfortable" (they weren't, btw, the network was) and not about someone making admitted terrorist threats and getting busted by the government that's waging what it calls a "war on terror."
Dumbass.


I disagree. Also just because you have a female avatar doesn't make you automatically right.

Nor does it make one automatically wrong.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
(ugly)Bob
Posts: 5860
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:54 am

Re: Guy who threatened South Park creators jailed for 11.5 y

Postby (ugly)Bob » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:45 am

...

i have to intervene.

CrocoDuck:
What does her gender have ANYTHING to do with this thread AT ALL!? What makes you think that she thinks she is automatically correct simply due to her GENDER?
Last edited by (ugly)Bob on Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18728
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: Guy who threatened South Park creators jailed for 11.5 y

Postby Big-Will » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:08 am

CrocoDuck wrote:
NeuroHeart wrote:
CrocoDuck wrote:I guess as long as you have enough money as Matt and Trey you can jail anyone that makes you feel uncomfortable.

Did you... did you really just say that? Wow. Yes, the case was clearly about Matt and Trey being made "uncomfortable" (they weren't, btw, the network was) and not about someone making admitted terrorist threats and getting busted by the government that's waging what it calls a "war on terror."
Dumbass.


I disagree. Also just because you have a female avatar doesn't make you automatically right.

Two strikes! One week ban before you strike out!
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: Guy who threatened South Park creators jailed for 11.5 y

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:42 am

Good..I am glad he is in serious trouble. Sometimes psychos like that really do make good on their threats. And, it is retarded not to take it seriously.I love Matt and Trey, and if someone was seriously threatening them, the assh*le needs to be in jail.
Image
M00ndragon69
Posts: 9593
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:32 am

Re: Guy who threatened South Park creators jailed for 11.5 y

Postby M00ndragon69 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:57 am

And Crocoduck, you sound ignorant..Sounds like you have no knowledge of this case, or respect for women..Just shut up.
Image
NeuroHeart
Posts: 875
Joined: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Guy who threatened South Park creators jailed for 11.5 y

Postby NeuroHeart » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:13 am

Unassumption wrote:I think it's just how the law deals with death threats... I doubt they had much of a say in it.

You doubt it because they didn't have anything to do with it. M&T were not afraid of this guy. They have said, repeatedly, that it just pissed them off to have one of their episodes get butchered. The network was freaking out, but they weren't. If anyone even minorly related to South Park had anything to do with this case, it was probably network representatives. However, I wonder if that was even a thing, because...
"Jesse Curtis Morton, who founded the now-defunct Revolution Muslim website, was sentenced Friday in Alexandria. Earlier this year he admitted using the site as an outlet for al-Qaida propaganda."
As I said, this government has a big thing about its "war on terror," and anything related to al-Qaida is a huge red flag that will bring down their wrath. Man was doing terrorist propoganda and threatening terrorist things. It's not that it was a death threat, it's that it was close enough to being a bomb threat to make him a suspected terrorist. A lot of high-profile people have gotten death threats, and I don't think this is how the law generally deals with them; it's how the law here deals with terrorist threats. Might seem a fine distinction (I know you don't live in the U.S., Unassumption, and probably haven't been steeped in as much talk of terrorism for the last decade) but the distinction is there. Guy was acting like a terrorist, or at least a wannabe terrorist, and he was treated like a terrorist. Sucks to be him.

Big-Will wrote:
CrocoDuck wrote:Also just because you have a female avatar doesn't make you automatically right.

Two strikes! One week ban before you strike out!

Thank you, Will.
(I was going to say, "Being right is actually what makes me automatically right." but I think your comeback is much better.)
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
maytess12
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:13 pm

Re: Guy who threatened South Park creators jailed for 11.5 y

Postby maytess12 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:50 pm

It's shameful we have sexists on the South Park BBS.
maytess12
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:13 pm

Re: Guy who threatened South Park creators jailed for 11.5 y

Postby maytess12 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:03 pm

M00ndragon69 wrote:I love Matt and Trey, and if someone was seriously threatening them, the assh*le needs to be in jail.

That sounded kind of bias. Your stating because they threatened Mr. Parker and Mr. Stone in particular that they should be locked away. And your right, they should be. Personally, I think murder is despicable and even just saying or joking about it is awful. And if the individual was joking, than he's an dumbass. No one has right to take the life of another (unless he/she was trying to kill you first; which in this case, Mr. Parker and Mr. Stone did NOT do).

I too love Mr. Parker and Mr. Stone, they are awesome , but I'm not defending because I'm a fan, but because they have not done nothing wrong. Nothing to deserve death. And that man who stated he wanted to kill our beloved Trey Parker and Matt Stone, should be locked for good because for all know, that man was dead serious.

Moondragon, I'm sure you're nice, noble person. So I don't want you think I'm trying to get you to think like me. Just saying.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests