How do I know if I am crazy?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

maytess12

How do I know if I am crazy?

Postby maytess12 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:25 pm

I recently realized my consciousness in the sense that I realized how real things were in life, I wasn't just a kid anymore. I guess you could say I became myself. I'm not depressed (I think), I sometimes wonder about odd things, I haven't really been able to recognize who I am either between everyone I know. "What makes me different?" It's kind of scary, is that a phobia? I feel like everyone is everyone in the sense that there's no way to tell what is a dream and what isn't.
I have lost some of my common sense and it shows in some of my daily conversations, I'm sure it has affected me at work, and I've lost a job over it.

That's not all... I've been hallucinating recently about this thing at night. That thing has been there for almost a week. The figure in the window. It looks featureless, only skin on a human
frame, and it's pressing itself against the glass somehow. I don't know how it got there, and I don't know how to get rid of it.
At first I thought it was a prank, a doll or mannequin that some jerks put there to scare me. But I realized as I walked out of my house to pull it away... it wasn't there. I shrugged it off, thinking that someone had hidden it while I was walking through my door. But I went back in and looked out that same window, and it was looking in, staring at me. (it's been going on everynight for about a week)

As you can see I'm extremely self-reflective, I think about myself all the time, much more than I'd like. I often think about things past and get really mad at either what I did, or what other people did, and I re-enact what happened in my head, or I play out the conversation that I'd like to have with them in my head. It feels kind of unhealthy for my free time thinking about this type of stuff.

Any suggestions?
GeminiShamrock

Re: How do I know if I am crazy?

Postby GeminiShamrock » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:02 pm

I remember asking one of my high school teachers if I was insane. She said that if you question your own sanity, you're actually sane. (Or something.)
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:07 pm

i have that, Stan the Cynic has that, my mates have that. its totes normal.
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:27 am

(ugly)Bob wrote:i have that, Stan the Cynic has that, my mates have that. its totes normal.

So, have you ever seen a creature from your imagination manifest?I remember the face. Its eyes and mouth were behind the skin, and it was hairless. And ir had a smile.

The reason I made this thread was for advice, because I'm scared of ending up a mental hospital.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:34 am

the imagination is a wonderful thing. it can conjure anything. if your getting this unwillingly then... you should worry... schizophrenia is all i can think of. but its probably absolutely nothing to worry about. (i said Stan because he could communicate with Kyle in his mind in imagination land...)
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:03 am

Could be extreme stress or not eating enough. Either of those can do weird, f*cked up things to your head. Could be insanity also, but as said above, if you are questioning your sanity you're probably not so far gone.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:10 am

maytess12 wrote:I've been hallucinating recently about this thing at night. That thing has been there for almost a week. The figure in the window. It looks featureless, only skin on a human
frame, and it's pressing itself against the glass somehow. I don't know how it got there, and I don't know how to get rid of it.
At first I thought it was a prank, a doll or mannequin that some jerks put there to scare me. But I realized as I walked out of my house to pull it away... it wasn't there. I shrugged it off, thinking that someone had hidden it while I was walking through my door. But I went back in and looked out that same window, and it was looking in, staring at me. (it's been going on everynight for about a week)

Oh, that! That was me, btw, watching you from beyond the other demention. Whoops! I meant to say dimension, of course. Maybe I shouldn't have put all that skin on my otherwise invisible human frame, but… whatever! If I were you, I wouldn't sweat it anyways. We are all mad here. I am mad, you are mad. *Cheshire cat smile*
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:01 am

I don't think you are crazy...I have heard about all kinds of paranormal sh*t people I know have experienced. I know this is an unpopular opinion on this board, but I believe them..I don't think they are crazy..I don't think you are crazy. I don't believe people who say they have seen spirits are necessarily crazy, or lying for attention, or drug users. And, people who are labeled crazy for this kind of thing face unfair stigma, and I don't really trust mental health treatments that involve taking the kind of drugs certain people I know have been prescribed..Lots of scary side effects with those drugs. Maybe you should look at this situation from another perspective. I suggest maybe go on google and research everything to do with the paranormal you can think of. Anything to do with spirits.If you would like some suggestions, send me a PM. And, if you feel threatened by the thing you saw outside your window, tell it to go away..Tell it that it is not welcome, and to get the f*ck away from your house.
Last edited by M00ndragon69 on Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:18 am

Talk to a medical professional. They would be able to name and diagnose you faster than one of us on the BBS can. What i mean is that none of us would be able to help you because as far as i know, none of us are medical practitioners, psychiatrists, counselors, neurologists, human behavior scientists or even paranormal experts. (if you ARE one, okay my statement is now debunked. now go and help her!)
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:34 pm

(ugly)Bob wrote:Talk to a medical professional. They would be able to name and diagnose you faster than one of us on the BBS can. What i mean is that none of us would be able to help you because as far as i know, none of us are medical practitioners, psychiatrists, counselors, neurologists, human behavior scientists or even paranormal experts. (if you ARE one, okay my statement is now debunked. now go and help her!)

You're probably right Bob. Then again, so could Moondragon69, she sounds like she's had this experience. It happens everynight. Nevertheless, thanks for advice (ugly)Bob and Moondragon69.

@ VACOOLA
I have no what your saying, but okay. :?:
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:03 pm

We are both right. Why?

me -- telling you to talk to someone with experience

M00ndragon69 -- someone with experience
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:12 pm

(ugly)Bob wrote:We are both right. Why?

You pissed off or something? (the way you typed this makes it look like your pissed)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:16 pm

maytess12 wrote:@ VACOOLA
I have no what your saying, but okay. :?:

He's saying the last time someone told us he was sick it ended up being a month-long prank on the rest of us. You'd better not be doing the same thing.

Now, you're still sane enough to wonder if you're insane, so you should consider talking to a therapist about it. In the meantime, you should maybe call a detective to check out whatever's outside your window.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:48 pm

We're easier to access than professionals but probably shouldn't be trusted. If you have a lump or chest pains a doctor is better than the net, the same if you think you have mental problems.

Don't be scard of ending up in a mental hospital, from what I've heard you need to be a danger to yourself or others to be involuntarilly comitted. If there is something wrong and you tell a professional, you could get drugs or therapy to solve it before it gets too severe.

Then again you don't want to be labelled with a mental illness if it's just part of normal variation, or caused by your situation. Some physical health conditions can cause hallucinations too. You sure no one's putting something there? Could losing the job have triggered it, by making you stressed? If it's making you lose friends or a job it's worth trying to do something.

Telling someone who's potentially got a mental illness not to seek help is dangerous advice even if there are abuses in that system it's better than getting sick and ending up homeless or something.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:39 pm

maytess12 wrote:
(ugly)Bob wrote:We are both right. Why?

You pissed off or something? (the way you typed this makes it look like your pissed)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
and why would i be pissed off? I didn't mean to come off like that. Sorry :shock:

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”