A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

maytess12

Re: How do I know if I am crazy?

Postby maytess12 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:06 am

Big-Will wrote:
maytess12 wrote:@ VACOOLA
I have no what your saying, but okay. :?:

He's saying the last time someone told us he was sick it ended up being a month-long prank on the rest of us. You'd better not be doing the same thing.

Now, you're still sane enough to wonder if you're insane, so you should consider talking to a therapist about it. In the meantime, you should maybe call a detective to check out whatever's outside your window.

I don't know. What I do know, is there is all lot of sarcasm in that comment he made. And I'm not flattered, but I'm gonna ignore that and all future comments he makes to me if he's gonna treat that way.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:27 am

Not very many people believe in the paranormal and witness accounts regarding paranormal events. This is why some people may be skeptical about what happened to you to be merely a false account and in this case, tease you about the validity of your statements. I wouldn't freak out over the skeptics with this stuff and worry about talking to people that could help you out.
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:55 am

What I said was that I seeing things in my head, and not the right way either. And I'm aware its just me. I never said I had connections with ghosts, demons, dead people, or something from some dark place in time. (hope i didn't make it look like im angry)

No. But your absolutely right Bob.
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:03 am

try seek medical help. it could help you
Last edited by (ugly)Bob on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:59 pm

You might just need to sleep? I was really tired today and thought I saw a bunch of things that weren't there, and acted strange. That it's lasted so long suggests it might be more, but it doesn't have to be.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
The Trilogy

Postby The Trilogy » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:03 am

I was just reading and it has been long ago. So...

Did this creature outside your window look like this, maytess12?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just playing?
GeminiShamrock

Postby GeminiShamrock » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:46 am

Sleep might be best. Of course, if you keep seeing the aforementioned paranormal anomalies, you may want to go to a doctor and get your brain examined. It could be neurological.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:53 am

Believe me Ugly Bob, a lot of people with similar beliefs to mine know exactly what it is like to be made fun of by skeptics. Sometimes, it is not a big deal, but sometimes you just want to tell them to f*ck off and die. Some people who seriously believe in this stuff, and are convinced they have seen or experienced things really are not very open about it..Some are, like some of my friends for instance, and they feel like if more people were more open about their beliefs things would be better..There would be less stigma for instance..But, a lot of people are not open, because they don't want people accusing them of worshiping the devil or calling them delusional or insane..For someone who has never been in that situation, it may not seem like a big deal. For some people reading this, it is just really easy to say "f*ck what those people think", but when you actually have had to deal with being accused of being evil or f*cking crazy more than once, it is really not fun.. Especially if the reason why the person making fun of you knew what you believe was they were someone who you told because you thought you could trust them with personal things. That is embarrassing..I can tell you, it feels that the person was just stringing you along, listening to you, just to see how f*cking crazy you were, before they called you delusional and started a big debate about how you can't prove what you claimed..And, I am not talking about some faceless douchebag I would debate with online, I am talking about someone I thought was my friend and a good friend of my other friend. Man, I wish I had the debating skills back then that I do now, I would have ripped that person a new assh*le over the phone.

Saying you believe in this kind of thing is a big risk, because people will look at you differently. In short, there are more people who believe in paranormal things than you realize, not everyone is open about it, or at least not open unless they meet someone who has the same kind of experiences they have. Not everyone wants to deal with the drama.

I personally am of two minds..I respect what my friends say about being open about these beliefs, and I will to certain extent. But, I won't go into great detail unless I am talking to one of these friends..Not just because they have similar beliefs to mine, but because they are trustworthy people..I am sick of the stress and drama with dealing with people who enjoy being huge assh*les about being skeptic and other kinds of backstabbers.

And, I stand by what I said..I think it is dangerous to say someone you have never met offline, who you only know from a few posts is schizo and to seek help. You might be wrong, and they might have be one of those people who hear about an illness and think they have it. Like, for instance, if I hear about people talking about skin cancer enough, I get paranoid about moles. That happens to other people I know too..They get scared about having illnesses they don't have, after hearing about them. And, I don't think all mental health professionals are above treating people who don't really need it..Because they f*cking love money, and prescribing sh*t with lots of side effects that radically alters someone's behaviour..Not always in positive ways. If we knew the author of this thread in person, it would be a lot easier to tell if maybe he had a reason to go to a therapist. But we don't, so we don't know for sure..

I will ask this though, is the thing you have been seeing in the window in the same place every night?
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:43 am

:shock:
crap. i offended you.

i assumed. and yes, that may have shoved me down the cliff of online asshole-dom... and right into the category of being a backstabber...

I tried to help, and my help clearly sucked. I theorized and those theories clearly were crappy ones. I gather people's information and turn it into an idea or potential new concept. and that new concept is an assumption. and my assumption was bat sh*t.

I never intended to be disdaining or appear to belittle anyone. I NEVER intended to be an assh*le or back stab or even create annoyance, or disaster or even anger or a debate.

I am sorry that i assumed and labeled.
I am tremendously sorry that I pissed you off.

and since i am deciding to be kind to you,
I'll back off and won't bother with a rebuttal about some of the things you mentioned which was uncalled for.
Last edited by (ugly)Bob on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unassumption

Postby Unassumption » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:31 am

You might be wrong, and they might have be one of those people who hear about an illness and think they have it.

In which case the person you seek help from would notice that. We're unlikely to know if they have or haven't got the illness, sending someone to the kind of person who does know if they have an illness is the only sensible thing to do. Especially if they say the things similar to symptoms of mental illness have lost them jobs or friends.

They get scared about having illnesses they don't have

If you think you might have cancer, it's even more important to have that checked out. Even if you probably don't have it, it's better to be safe than sorry.

I don't think all mental health professionals are above treating people who don't really need it

This is a legitimate danger, this risk has to be factored in. Getting statistics on false diagnosis is important. Get a second oppinion if possible if you are diagnosed, which is unlikely but worth looking into. The same goes for the side effects of medication. Though both of these problems exist for cancer diagnosis and treatment too.

Look at the sources of any false diagnosis risks you hear, as many have biases; Sazzas says deamons cause mental illness, L Ron says Body Thetans do, most of the people saying false diagnosis is a significant risk have biases like that.

I'm unsure how much it costs to see a doctor where you live so that might influence my advice. If you can affoard to have it checked out and to travel to see a docor and stuff do it.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:53 am

(ugly)Bob wrote::shock:
crap. i offended you.

i assumed. and yes, that may have shoved me down the cliff of online asshole-dom... and right into the category of being a backstabber...

I tried to help, and my help clearly sucked. I theorized and those theories clearly were crappy ones. I gather people's information and turn it into an idea or potential new concept. and that new concept is an assumption. and my assumption was bat sh*t.

I never intended to be disdaining or appear to belittle anyone. I NEVER intended to be an assh*le or back stab or even create annoyance, or disaster or even anger or a debate.

I am sorry that i assumed and labeled.
I am tremendously sorry that I pissed you off.

and since i am deciding to be kind to you,
I'll back off and won't bother with a rebuttal about some of the things you mentioned which was uncalled for.

I don't think M00ndragon69 is offended, or anyone else. Calm down Bob, you haven't pissed anyone off to where everyone hates you. You're overreacting. You're cool with everyone (or just me).
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:57 am

The Trilogy wrote:I was just reading and it has been long ago. So...

Did this creature outside your window look like this, maytess12?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm just playing?

Very funny Trilogy. *sarcasm*
(ugly)Bob

Postby (ugly)Bob » Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:22 am

haha, I Tweeked it a bit there
The Trilogy

Postby The Trilogy » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:01 am

Hey, relax. I was only teasing you. Don't take it the wrong way. But seriously, I chose that image because it sort of fit your description. Is it similar?

The image was illustrated for an antholgy of horror stories. In case you're wondering.
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:56 pm

The Trilogy wrote:Hey, relax. I was only teasing you. Don't take it the wrong way. But seriously, I chose that image because it sort of fit your description. Is it similar?

The image was illustrated for an antholgy of horror stories. In case you're wondering.

Similar, but not quite.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”