Protesting Chick-Fil-A

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

kbank88

Protesting Chick-Fil-A

Postby kbank88 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:06 am

We are organizing a protest of Chick-Fil-A, due to their open policy of funding anti-gay rights groups.

Below is a link to our facebook page. Please join us and our support for the LGBT community.

Because it's about more than gay rights, it's about human rights.

www.facebook.com/events/422567091128960/
BRMBug

Re: Protesting Chick-Fil-A

Postby BRMBug » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:38 am

true. Plus their chicken is overrated... but they have waffle-fries, so I'm conflicted.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:39 am

Why protest? The better thing to do is get all the LGBT folk to occupy Chick-Fil-A's restaurants until business hurts enough to make the company president reconsider his words.

Chow down at Chick-fil-A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-msplukrw
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:49 am

Get a bunch of drag queens to camp out in a window seat all day, being fabulous.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Interesting topic. Well theres always the possibility that an extremist gay man will put a cap in the chairman's ass. But would that do any good?
Last edited by maytess12 on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zazaban

Postby Zazaban » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:18 pm

maytess12 wrote:Interesting topic. Well theres always the possibility that an extremist gay guy will put a cap in the chairman's ass. But would that do any good?

Somehow I can't picture that.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
maytess12

Postby maytess12 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:55 pm

Zazaban wrote:
maytess12 wrote:Interesting topic. Well theres always the possibility that an extremist gay guy will put a cap in the chairman's ass. But would that do any good?

Somehow I can't picture that.

Don't be to sure about that. Crazier sh*t has hit the fan before.

Regardless, I'm still signing this petition because they shouldn't be promoting material that directly discriminates people.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:41 am

I don't need to boycott them, because their food is utter crap that tastes worse than gnat piss, and the nearest one to me is almost 100 miles away. For good reason, I should add.

I live in such a liberal part of the state (and the country), that Chick-Fil-A wouldn't think once about opening a business here. They'd be run out of town. Residents and city officials in Boston prevented some Chick-Fil-As from opening there.

I just don't understand the logic behind disclosing what personal and religious values you, as the head of a business, have, and use it to represent your entire company. If he just shut up, there would be no controversy. Straight people would eat there, and gay people would eat there. For every customer that vows to eat at Shit-Fil-A more often from now on, the company loses one or two potential customers, and probably some employees, too. What the FUCK do you have to gain. WHAT?

Businesses should not have a say in what political or religious beliefs the executives within have. People go to your joints to buy food, not to strike up confrontational conversations about irrelevant topics. This douchebag was entitled to his opinion and fully within his rights to disclose his bigotry, but I can't wrap my mind around why he'd do something that makes less sense than a glass hammer. Now that he's gone and expressed his intolerance to the world, the only people eating at Chick-Fil-A are going to be one of four types: Stupid, Ignorant, Fat, or All of the Above.

Not that it's saying much, though. Chick-Fil-A's clientele has never been a particularly intelligent bunch, generally speaking. More than half their restaurants are in the South.
M00ndragon69

Postby M00ndragon69 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:35 am

I am glad we don't have that chain of resteraunts in my state..But, if we did, I'd boycott them. How disgusting.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:46 am

Next commercial, will the cows act more "butch?"

:lol:
The Trilogy

Postby The Trilogy » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:29 pm

AngusMcTavish wrote:Next commercial, will the cows act more "butch?"

:lol:

We've got the Buffalo Gals. Don't we?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S92bWBB0ymo
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:27 pm

Well at least Oreos are in your corner, gays.
Remember this from last month?

You read it! You can't unread it!
bazi42

Postby bazi42 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:47 pm

Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:47 am

Niels: If you did your homework, you are right about Chick-Fil-a and Boston, but unlike the bay area, the nearest one is only 9 miles from the city....and I've been to that one.

As for their food, I'm sorry but I LOVE their chicken. It's delicious! The waffle fries are meh, but I love their chicken and milkshakes 8)

As for the LBGT thing...while I don't like they way it was handled, I actually applaud their actions. Chick Fil-A is a southern hospitality that was brought down from generations of a family. Their family is RELIGIOUS. They were doing a RELIGIOUS story for a Baptist group when this thing broke. They don't open on Sundays because they believe in giving the 'sabbath' day off.

While again, I would haven't handled the way it was, I think this story is a bit out of proportion. Mitt Romney is a family man who believes in a marriage between a man and woman, and yet you don't see the LBGT people up his ass. Many people are anti-homosexual. While we should be willing to accept homosexuals into our community and should not shutter them into thinking they are weird or indifferent, it is okay to believe that heterosexual marriage is the true proper marriage....because it was for many years. This guy was just staying true to his religion and his moral values.

I apologize if my words have upset a few, but again I am religious. I believe that marriage is between a man and woman...and while the LGBT has a right to be mad, I think they are going way overboard here.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:58 am

mo303564 wrote:it is okay to believe that heterosexual marriage is the true proper marriage....because it was for many years.

So was racism, slavery, misogyny, torture, inquisition, believing the Sun revolves around the Earth, believing the Earth is flat, etc.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”