The Seasonal Thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

BRMBug

Re: The Seasonal Thread

Postby BRMBug » Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:29 am

It was in the upper 40s today. it'll be near freezing and rainy overnight.

Ha! This is turning into a weather thread.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:05 pm

BRMBug wrote:It was in the upper 40s today. it'll be near freezing and rainy overnight.

Ha! This is turning into a weather thread.
Yes, it's time to rename. Natural disasters do not happen often, but I've heard some states in the U.S was covered with snow.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:08 pm

zzyzx 2 wrote:
agent-FSS wrote:Don't know how in California, but last week was very warm even for my seats, a temperature of about 50 ° F and above. Yesterday was even rain and the rainbow. Never seen such early February.
It's 80°F today in Los Angeles :)
Damn, how can you live in this heat all year round?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:07 pm

My "home" will be central Tennessee for the month of March and it's been a wet one so far. Rain every couple of days but things are looking greener every single day.

And the birds. Man there's a lot of 'em. As humans we think their spring singing is all pleasant and cute. But really, those happy songs are a vicious territorial battle for mates. It's the song bird equivalent of, "Hey, you lookin' at my girl, bro?!"

Ah, spring....

You read it! You can't unread it!
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:53 pm

Starlings back, it means spring has really arrived, in Russia I mean :) .
triplemultiplex wrote: As humans we think their spring singing is all pleasant and cute. But really, those happy songs are a vicious territorial battle for mates. It's the song bird equivalent of, "Hey, you lookin' at my girl, bro?!"
Strangely, we were taught in school that birds sing to attract females, but not males :lol: .
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:33 pm

agent-FSS wrote:Strangely, we were taught in school that birds sing to attract females, but not males :lol: .
Right. They're not attracting other males, they're telling them to piss off.

zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:28 pm

agent-FSS wrote:
zzyzx 2 wrote:
agent-FSS wrote:Don't know how in California, but last week was very warm even for my seats, a temperature of about 50 ° F and above. Yesterday was even rain and the rainbow. Never seen such early February.
It's 80°F today in Los Angeles :)
Damn, how can you live in this heat all year round?
It's just a way of life here.

Yesterday it was 95°F in the Antelope Valley, about an hour north-east of me. Here it was in the low '80s. It's hot. I have no idea what the summer will be like. Over 110°F I'm sure . . . .
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:02 pm

zzyzx 2 wrote:
It's just a way of life here.

Yesterday it was 95°F in the Antelope Valley, about an hour north-east of me. Here it was in the low '80s. It's hot. I have no idea what the summer will be like. Over 110°F I'm sure . . . .
Well, I think for Californians live in our latitudes it would be chilly, not for a while yet temperature is kept between 50 and 70 ° F, pretty typical for this time of year, although forecasters said that this year's winter was very warm for all observations, we are gradually moving towards global warming. The only thing I do not like in the early spring, so this constant winds, because of this, sometimes too cold.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:07 am

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone :D

http://www.hulu.com/watch/249840
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:50 am

Thank you. Although, working in retail I have come to the conclusion that the war on Christmas is over. And Thanksgiving has lost. Moment of silence for Thanksgiving, please. :cry:
My store is open Thanksgiving. 5pm to... something. And I"ll be there. And I'll be there bright & early on Black Friday. And I'll be working all day. Matter of fact, I'll be working for 7 days straight starting Wed. Aaaaand if I survive, I may just have to quit afterward. Getting extremely tired of all the bullsh*t I have to put up with working for that store. Hell, I'm just tired of retail anyway.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:46 pm

Speaking of Christmas, don't you think the manufacturer should have considered a different font for their packaging :?:

Mamont

Postby Mamont » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:06 pm

^Lulz!
My roommate is crazy about Christmas. She's already gearing up. Well, at least there'll be plenty of cookies. :]
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:46 am

I decorated the company vehicle today. Strung some lights on the equipment rack. Looks pretty sweet.

zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:07 pm

Happy New Year 2016, everyone! :D

Last edited by zzyzx 2 on Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:17 am

Winter is off to a mild start in the Badger State. I observed 5-6 inches of ice on Northern Wisconsin Lakes while fishing over the New Year's holiday. Very manageable for my hand auger. Need new blades though.
Snow cover is wimpy. Snowmobile trails remain closed away from the Lake Superior snow belt. I attempted a snowshoe hike, but found my boots were sufficient to get around. The snowstorm last week established a good base, but it fell on mostly bare ground, so one more storm of 4-8 inches should get winter recreation enthusiasts happy.

Best of luck to the central Mississippi River valley as there's a lot of sh*t underwater. Several record discharges were seen in Missouri.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”