Postby angeldeb82 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:23 am

...while praising "wonderful" Pope Francis. Now that's powerful! :cartmansmile:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/ent ... 1/b555824/
Still the same as it ever was.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: Elton John says Jesus would have supported same-sex marr

Postby Big-Will » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:12 am

Whattaya expect? He's not Catholic. :lol: He once described Jesus Christ as a "compassionate, super-intelligent gay man who understood human problems." This would cause great problems for a church, indeed, a religion, that bases itself on a straight man called Jesus Christ.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:19 pm

I guess he's never read the Bible. He's just projecting what he thinks onto it.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:50 pm

stevesut1 wrote:I guess he's never read the Bible. He's just projecting what he thinks onto it.

His thoughts on the Bible are just as factually credible as the Bible itself.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:19 am

I have to say I like Elton John’s music like his Rocket Man song. He can say what he likes but I don’t think I would like to listen to someone who is gay always talk about things and be overly opinionated about them. The new Pope likes gays from what I have seen so I guess he let gays think that the church likes them too. I hear on the radio stories about the church being prejudice to gays all the time. I don’t know but I would agree with Elton that Jesus would have liked and supported gays. Jesus liked and would help anyone. Jesus was too nice a guy and if he were around today of course he would be cool with the gays. He would probably do a miracle for them.
What seems to be the officer problem?
barbarian_dros

Postby barbarian_dros » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:37 am

Yo, I saw Jesus last night. I'm usually not one to make the situation awkward but I thought screw it, i asked him what he thought of gays and he said "whatevs, they're super cool". Case closed.
barbarian_dros

Postby barbarian_dros » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:41 am

Maybe Elton John IS jesus? Never thought'a that did'ya now smart guy?
Joshex

Postby Joshex » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:28 am

Niels0827 wrote:
stevesut1 wrote:I guess he's never read the Bible. He's just projecting what he thinks onto it.

His thoughts on the Bible are just as factually credible as the Bible itself.

Actually, I agree with stevesut1. Nothing against you Niels0827, but a great deal of the bible has been proven as based on historical fact, even some of the greatest miracles in it have factual evidence.

The following is not based on my opinion but only raw documented facts.

the biggest of which is the red sea crossing, theres proof, the jews are in records as having been slaves in egypt, they were freed and made it to what is now saudiarabia then went north-ish. you can search online they found golden egyptian chariot wheels encased in thousands of years of coral at the bottom of the red sea (from pharoah and his army that pursued the jews and were crushed when the sea closed on them).

if a miracle like splitting the sea is real, well thats pretty big factual evidence to stand against for people to argue that other miracles in the bible aren't. then theres records from formerly non-islamic kingdoms which back up all the stuff inbetween, then theres roman records of Christ. this can only produce the outcome that the bible is a factual history book.

As for catholicism, there is strong evidence and even records that paul was not the first pope, instead paul was crucified on an upsidedown cross. so who is the pope? well Ceasar wanted to kill christians then when he realized that the ideologies were spreading to most of his empire despite this and that his "holyness" based on roman and greek gods was being laughed at as completely unbelievable he decided to give in and become cristian while proclaiming himself pope to retain his power and instating monks and nuns so he could keep his senators and vestile virgins employed on the public's coin.

what about islam? it first appeared as a modified version of the first 5 books of the jewish texts after the christians made them public in rome about 300 years after the death of christ, Rome accounts for it as a savage cult that worships their own moon goddess they call allilah (the goddess of the crecent moon, not to be confused with the roman goddess of the moon) and mistreats women and constantly tries to over take the government and spreads thier ideologies by fear and force. Rome, kicked them out.

soon the moon worshipers cult fled to the middle east and proclaimed themselves holy people as they married into the families of the sons of Esau (jacob/israel's brother). naturally the sons of esau took them in when they realized they too could be made "holy people", and from there the whole tale of the conquest savior mohammed was made and they switched from a goddess to a male god and changed the name from allilah to allah.

to this day they still use the crecent moon as thier symbol of thier faith.

I know history quite well, sadly historians now days omit many of these facts, the original reason for it was "they are not important facts" then when enough time had passed for those who knew the truth to die off, the even said "our kids shouldn't be forced to learn about religions in state schools, oh but catholicism's perspective and islam's perspective are allowed". -kind of an oxymoron there, oxymorons or double standards are a sign of the repression of truth.

JamesPup wrote:I have to say I like Elton John’s music like his Rocket Man song. He can say what he likes but I don’t think I would like to listen to someone who is gay always talk about things and be overly opinionated about them. The new Pope likes gays from what I have seen so I guess he let gays think that the church likes them too. I hear on the radio stories about the church being prejudice to gays all the time. I don’t know but I would agree with Elton that Jesus would have liked and supported gays. Jesus liked and would help anyone. Jesus was too nice a guy and if he were around today of course he would be cool with the gays. He would probably do a miracle for them.

The bible is very clear on homosexuality, it's listed as: sin, confusion, an abomination. really can't get much more clear than that and no pope's word nor the word of certain church denominations can change that. Jesus upheld every law in the bible, every law of God, naturally he would be and was opposed to same sex marriage.

to end I quote:

don't kid yourself, every empire that has ever embraced homosexuality has fallen or disbanded and fallen on hard times. and now with it happening all over again I can see why, "gay rights" ? thats government funded special treatment- it can't end well, people get pampered and will never be satisfied always wanting more special treatment. equality? euality and special treatment are 2 different things.

Special treatment lets not forget was the foundation of ALL the problem groups in history; roman senators (to quote history of the world part I :"F the poor"), french aristocrats, facist soldiers, the Nazi Aryian race (just to name a few).

special treatment breeds pride and arrogance and eventually deaths of people who dare to do or say anything against it.

history is an open book I wish people would read it before the governemnts censor it even more.

Jesus, jesus may have been about forgiveness and love, but that doesn't mean he never opposed a topic or said rough things against peoples actions or life choices, he was Very clear about the things presented to him that he opposed. He would have probably cast a demon out a of a gay and set thier mind free from it's grasp to make a specticle of the situation.
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:38 pm

Joshex wrote:As for catholicism, there is strong evidence and even records that paul was not the first pope, instead paul was crucified on an upsidedown cross.

Um, no. Paul wasn't crucified upside-down. It was St. Peter, the first Pope, who was crucified upside-down because he didn't want to die in the same way as Jesus. St. Paul, the Roman citizen, was beheaded. I'm correcting you, is all.
Still the same as it ever was.
Barack_Obama

Postby Barack_Obama » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:04 pm

This thread isn't going to end well.

At least it IS going to end well for gay rights in the US, though. That big gay steamrollers is smashing state ban after state ban and it is only getting faster. It's funny watching bigots lose their minds over this. It will be even funnier when the supreme court just outright throws out every ban in one ruling.
I have been here since January 2005 with another name. I have seniority. (.__. )

Plants stuff their pollen everywhere, all those kids who get allergies because of pollen have plant sperm in their lungs. Flowers deep throat kids :I

- Unassumption
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:32 am

Joshex wrote:a bunch of bullsh*t

You are so incredibly stupid, I'm amazed you even know how to breathe. You seem to be completely oblivious to the fact that a fictional book can make references to events that actually happened. That's like saying the story of SpiderMan is real because he climbs on skyscrapers, and skyscrapers exist. If you can assert everything in the Bible is true, I can assert everything in the Qu'ran and the first iteration of Harry Potter is true.

How is it that much of the Bible focuses on Jesus despite there being no record of his existence until several decades after he allegedly died? No witnesses, no disciples, no commoners...nobody whatsoever gave any sort of account to Jesus' very existence.

Joshex wrote:The bible is very clear on homosexuality, it's listed as: sin, confusion, an abomination. really can't get much more clear than that and no pope's word nor the word of certain church denominations can change that. Jesus upheld every law in the bible, every law of God, naturally he would be and was opposed to same sex marriage.

So if you have a daughter, are you going to kill her? Have you read the rest of Leviticus and Deuteronomy? What are you wearing? It's probably mixed fabric. Ever eaten clams, oysters, lobster, crab, mussels, etc? Better watch yourself. The Bible is very "clear" on those, too. Do you ignore those as well? Would you really kill your own daughter?

No, you wouldn't. Not because you'd feel it's wrong, but because no self-respecting sow will ever be daft enough to let you stick your dick into her. If you ever did have a daughter, I'd love to kill her for you. Nobody wants to live in a world where there's a possibility of somebody inheriting your retardation and clogging our gene pool with filth. Intelligence or lack thereof isn't inherited. Severe cognitive development hindrances like yours are. Follow ALL of the Bible or follow none of it, jackoff.

Joshex wrote:don't kid yourself, every empire that has ever embraced homosexuality has fallen or disbanded and fallen on hard times. and now with it happening all over again I can see why, "gay rights" ? thats government funded special treatment- it can't end well, people get pampered and will never be satisfied always wanting more special treatment. equality? euality and special treatment are 2 different things.

So you're of the honest opinion that every single civilization that has embraced homosexuality has fallen because of it?

Empires like Rome and the Han Dynasty fell because of forced state religion, poor leadership, taxes, unjust laws, failed attempts at conquering and maintaining land, and rebellious citizens. Let's not forget that not every civilization has fallen. What goes up eventually comes down. You can argue that the Danish empire lost control of Norway and Iceland, but the "empires" of Norway and Iceland thus formed and expanded. Last I checked, the Nordic countries are all among the most liberal in the world and offer equal rights for gays. Denmark started it in 1989. Guess what else about Denmark? Their education, standard of living, air and water quality, human development, health care, government transparency, etc. are all among the best in the world, in addition to their governments being the least corrupt, according to several studies by universities, like the Legatum Institute, and Forbes.

You have some fuckin' nerve making your way onto a website for a show like South Park and expecting people to see eye-to-eye with your barbaric and archaic distortion of reality. Your English sucks, too. Go fuck yourself with a cross while I shove glass shards into your eyes, cocksucker.
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:16 pm

And people still ask me what do I have against religion... :roll:
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:19 pm

Oh, yeah. Speaking of fallen empires. Rome fell after Christianity became official religion.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:52 pm

Mamont wrote:Oh, yeah. Speaking of fallen empires. Rome fell after Christianity became official religion.

But Byzantium (Constantinople), where Christianity was also official, didn't fall for another millennium after that.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Mamont

Postby Mamont » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:32 pm

I didn't say Roman Empire fell because of Christianity, I was just saying it didn't fall because it embraced homosexuality. Because it didn't. At the time of its downfall homosexuality was illegal.
Of course, religion nor attitude towards gays had nothing to do with it.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”