Russia Demystified

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

agent-FSS

Re: Russia Demystified

Postby agent-FSS » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:07 am

mudlick wrote:instead of all this war why don't they just get jobs? they are obviously bored and have too much free time to fight.
Good question, but when you consider that in the main on the side of ISIS fight are young people whom have been brainwashed by the ideas of radical Islam, quit their jobs, studies, taking with them wives and children is likely to mean that they consciously choose a bunch of free time and war.

I saw an interview with a guy from Chechnya, who was able to miraculously escape from the ranks of ISIS, so he said that there is no way back, anyone who changes his mind and no wants fight or wants return home will killed, with the same ease with which they cut off heads of the civilian population or hostages and break ancient monuments, which means that by themselves this bunch of freaking out people do not disperse when they get tired of playing in the war.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:19 am

JamesPup wrote:I had no idea Russian's didn't have a middle name. I thought before this post that all countries by now had middle names. Mine is Scott, my full name is James Scott Puppolo. Middle names are normal in America. Where it comes from I do not know but suspect it originated in Europe as most Americans come from Europe at the moment. As I have studied European history many authors of writings have middle names. Yet I don't know where the idea came from. Maybe the Middle East started it? I'd have to look it up but don't care much.
Ah, now I understand why JamesPup. Well, now you know that in Russia, and indeed in the territory of the former USSR, the middle name is not used, (about the whole of Eastern Europe, I do not know, maybe there too) we have decided to use a patronymic - the name of father.

Officially my name sound like: Zakharov Alexey Sergeevich, because the name of my father is Sergey. Almost always patronymic is used only in official conversations, for example if I was the manager then subordinate would call me Alexey Sergeevich, also patronymic is used in the conclude of contracts, documents, though sometimes good friends may call in conversation with each other by patronymic, instead of the name.

As I recall patronymic in Russia became widely used since the time of Peter the Great, until that time, it was used only noble families, I think to emphasize the merits of his father, and with the development of the bureaucracy has become an official value to avoid confusion between two people with the same name and surname. However, I do not know why it appeared.
JamesPup wrote:About Iran, at this point I would rather have Russia help fight ISIS and make deals with Iran that would control their behavior. Iran does provoke the Israeli hatred and needs guidance. I am not that in favor of the opposition rebels in Syria and would probably let Assad retain power if Iran could be controlled. Assad is not that bad a guy but yet there are many in his county that will not rest until he has no power. I still think Assad is a bad bet on the future of Syria because so many people hate him but if Russia thought somehow that they could fix things then okay, though I don't really believe things can be fixed without Assad's head decapitated. ISIS needs to be dealt with and the whole world is bothered by them. They are assh*les that need to be f*cked by a seriously gay dude. the US has oil only to worry about in the Middle East and so with the future being cars run on no gas I see no need to bother with wars that aren't going on yet. If Iran and Israel do have a war then okay but just talk is stupid. Pakistan and India argue over the Kashmir yet no nuclear war. I think people should be wanting to fight those who are killing people like ISIS and Al-Qaida.
Middle East and Central Asia have always been very problematic regions, too many countries, ethnic groups, cultures, and most importantly a hostile attitude towards each other: The Turks do not like the Kurds, the Kurds do not like the Syrians, Sunnis hate Shiites, Palestinians hate Israelis, because the ones annexed their land and in effect herded into reservations, although to be honest enough space for life to all, Iran supports Palestine, Saudi Arabia can not tolerate Iran and Syria, in Afghanistan entrenched Al-Qaeda, now still ISIS threatens to ignite more generally the entire region, hell, there is problem on the problem and everything is intertwined and interconnected, diplomats will take years of hard work, and most importantly, at least 20-30 years of lasting peace in the region. And when you consider that the Muslims are still has of blood feud, US residents may not know, but we are living in the Northern Caucasia and perfectly aware, this means that any conflict is able to last for decades until one of the parties in the end will not come to victory, and achieve reconciliation is almost impossible.
However, we must present a United front in the fight against terrorism there is no doubt. Here I fully agree, we can't let a bunch of villains intimidate the population and kill hundreds of innocent people.
mudlick

Postby mudlick » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:22 pm

there is an extinct vegan Middle Eastern religion called 'Manichaeism' founded by the prophet Manichaeus. it was nonviolent and had varaitions spread from Europe to China. some texts of the scriptures have survived

definitely worth reevaluating where war and violence are increasingly becoming redundant.

the Bogomils of Bosnia were considered to be a Manichaen sect of Christianity. imagine such peace loving people having their faith removed and replaced with complete Hell

Manichaeism is based on a cosmic dualism where Satan created the world and God is constantly trying to redeem it. makes sense in a world full of injustice.

some relevance to Slavs, Anthony Burgess' novel 'A Clockwork Orange' is based on a dystopic English speaking world with Slavic influence. he baesd the concepts of good and evil dualism on Manichaen beliefs known at the time.

This religion never should have went extinct. it was persecuted by both Christians and Muslims and it predates Islam by 300 years. it was also largely influenced by the Persian Zoroastrian monotheistic religion which still has followers today in Iran and should also be reevaluated as Nietszche had done.

'The Manichaen Body' is an excellent book on the topic and explains the veganism strangely left out of the wikipedia article. i never had a chance to read the entire thing but hope to purchase it when i have some money again.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Manichaean-Bo ... 0801862701

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manichaeism
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:37 am

Don't even know what to say. A lot of text, the article is quite long (I doubt that many will have patience to read it), although informative, I never knew that was such a religion as "Manichaeism".
Truth, the wars, even those that seem religious in my opinion arise not because of religion, but frequently because of the vested interests of groups of people.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:38 am

OK, let for a while take a break from serious things:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvY0cBzoG3E
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sun Mar 22, 2015 6:40 am

By the way, what's the story with the twelve year old girl from Colorado, who twice tried poison her mother for what she took away her iPhone? What is not a story for the next episode? It is no secret that people are becoming more dependent on gadgets, smartphones, tablets, etc. and if they are deprived of opportunities to use them at some starts breaking, as to drug addict.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:42 pm

That video was funny, I bet Putin does destroy the earth. I think I would need smart dance shoes like those ones to be able to dance at all.

I heard about that 12 year old girl who used bleach to poison her mother. Pretty stupid, who would be dumb enough to drink bleach? She is in juvenile detention rate now. I don't think the case will be taken that seriously but I guess she did say she was trying to kill her mother with bleach.

I remember a murderer who chopped up this women and put her remains in a garbage can he bought at Home Depot and the used cement and bleach to pour into the garbage can. He got caught but it was kind of creepy.

What about that women and husband that were on the Food network show contest that got murdered. They were chopped up and cooked in some sort of oven or stove. Now that is going far to hide your murder. I believe the women was pregnant also.

I can't imagine cutting someone up into pieces. Sounds to bloody and extreme. I'd rather just say how I feel about someone then to be crazy like that.
What seems to be the officer problem?
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Tue Mar 24, 2015 6:02 pm

A sense of humor always helps us in Russia :D . Don't worry, I'm sure that Putin will save the Earth.

I think this girl did not knew that, because she used an iPhone for any nonsense, and not to read something clever. I'm not strong in the knowledge of US laws, in Russia she would not incur sentence.

It seems to me that the world begins to slowly go insane. Constantly emerging news that somewhere another crazy opened fire on people, someone taken hostage or staged terrorist attack. I heard in Japan schoolgirl killed her friend and dismembered right on the bed in her bedroom just out of curiosity, she allegedly wanted to know how a person looks from the inside. I am terrified from such a confession.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:40 am

So what about that Germanwings airplane that crashed. Now they are saying that one of the pilots was locked out of the cockpit. So I would think it has to be pilot suicide. I wonder why they will not say who the pilots were? If one of them was Muslim then we all know what happened. I could see it ending up being an ISIS sympathizer. If it was then what will happen because of this? This type of thing could happen anywhere. This scares me of flying. I first thought it was some sort of accident and didn’t expect any foul play but now that is all you can think of. Maybe they should make a new way for pilots lock out to get entry to the cockpit. There is the small chance that one of the pilots had a health issue and that is what happened but why then did the plane fly so well and descend? One of my teachers was trying to get me to fly to Europe to do some sort of class in Italy. It sounded nice but the time and money is too much for me. Now I’m afraid to fly. There have been too many crazy plane crashes in the last year. I could imagine the powerlessness I would feel to be in an airplane that was on a death flight. Also couldn’t the pilot locked out have been able to call an airport somehow and say what was happening? I don’t really know plane protocol but that should be able to happen. 150 people died because some pilot had to be an idiot. Why cant people just kill themselves without hurting others?
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:30 pm

Now there saying that the co-pilot's name is Andreas Lubitz and that he deliberately crashed the plane. I believe that Lubitz is a German Jewish name. I never would have thought a Jew would have done this. I remember I had an idea of Gerald saving everyone on an airplane. This sure doesn't help the Jews at all.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:04 pm

JamesPup wrote:Now there saying that the co-pilot's name is Andreas Lubitz and that he deliberately crashed the plane. I believe that Lubitz is a German Jewish name. I never would have thought a Jew would have done this. I remember I had an idea of Gerald saving everyone on an airplane. This sure doesn't help the Jews at all.
Yes, maybe he really deliberately crashed the plane. And so that him did not prevent, locked door. It is difficult to say whether the Jewish surname Lubitz, I don't know, guess that it is Polish. As for the reasons, I am afraid it will remain a mystery, the answer to which was died along with pilot and a bunch of any innocent passengers. Typically, the co-pilots are people who have recently graduated teaching and practiced in order to get the real experience of flights in such a way, although idea that guy wanted a little steer the plane while captain was away in the toilet is unlikely. Depression? Hard to say, perhaps, but pilots always must pass pre-flight medical examination, and settle accounts with life so exotic way I think nobody wants. Incidentally about pilot's religion until did not say anything.
In Russia, there have been cases where pilots flew drunk, when concealed their disease from doctors avoid lose job, the managements of the airlines are allowed flying pilots who do not have a sufficient number of hours of flight, pilots of some companies have complained that they were forced to work on a few flights without rest, there have been cases operation of aircrafts with expired service life, sometimes these reasons led to crash, but there is clearly another case.

By the way in the same day Airbus flight from Moscow to St. Petersburg made an emergency landing due to the failure of one engine.
And yet seems in Yemen will be next turmoil at Middle East. And it is not difficult to guess decided to solve its with the help of the bombing, not diplomacy. hell, soon we precisely see that entire region to turn into one big battlefield.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:06 pm

The Ukrainian military in vain decided to buy 50 English armored cars.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9MsyHtKwZ4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKYd8AiZjJU
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:59 am

I Googled around and found that Lubitz is a Argentina name from Buenos Aires. So maybe this guy has family ties to South America? I feel he was born in Germany but it did say he was a German National which I don't know what that means. Still it will be shocking if he did this for reasons of to fight Germany for the Holocaust. I feel he must have had a superior belief in Judaism to do what he did.

Is the English armored cars the BRDM? That was pretty bad that they were not able to get up a hill. Ukraine should really just buy from the US to help them with the separatists. British weapons must suck. I remember when Libya had its civil war against Gaddafi and the British tried a helicopter raid of their commandos and all of them were caught.

I feel Britain is taking advantage of Ukraine by selling them bull sh*t armored vehicles. I wish Merkel would just agree to help Ukraine with their fight and go against Russia. She is kind of a PUSSY but I still like her.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:28 am

JamesPup wrote:I Googled around and found that Lubitz is a Argentina name from Buenos Aires. So maybe this guy has family ties to South America? I feel he was born in Germany but it did say he was a German National which I don't know what that means. Still it will be shocking if he did this for reasons of to fight Germany for the Holocaust. I feel he must have had a superior belief in Judaism to do what he did.
Hmm, I wonder if this guy can be a child of immigrants of Argentina, then everything becomes more confusing. Argentines are very well treated by the Germans, even during after World War II, many Nazis from Germany found refuge in this country. Maybe his ex-girlfriend flew this flight?
I can put forth a crazy and fantastic idea, but what if someone has learned how take control of pilots?
JamesPup wrote:Is the English armored cars the BRDM? That was pretty bad that they were not able to get up a hill. Ukraine should really just buy from the US to help them with the separatists. British weapons must suck. I remember when Libya had its civil war against Gaddafi and the British tried a helicopter raid of their commandos and all of them were caught.
Saxon is a British armored car, it was removed from service 10 years ago. BRDM made in the USSR from 1963 to 1989, but is still on service with many countries, including Ukraine and Russia, after a few upgrades https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRDM-2. Incidentally newspaper The Independent points out that the volume of contracts for the supply for us of licensed weapons for the year increased by 52% immediately if a year ago the UK received from the sale of weapons to Russia 86 million pounds, now this amount rose to 131.5 million pounds.

In March this year, after the deterioration of Russian-Ukrainian relations, the British authorities have put Russian arms to $ 250 million, as well as military technology, which can be used in the conflict with Ukraine. House of Commons Committee on Arms Export Control said that since the sanctions were suspended only 31 licenses, and many British companies continue to supply weapons to Russia.

For our natural environment is suitable only our Russian / Soviet equipment, purchase of any foreign only useless throwing money down the drain. I remember the Minister of Defense Serdyukov decided to buy for our military Italian jeeps Iveco, instead of our local GAZ-2975 "Tiger", even proudly showed them to the parade, but in field trials it was found out that Iveco even can not move with place because of height of our winter snow, and Russian roads its is also not too tough, the contract quickly canceled. I am inclined to trust the opinion of our Airborne colonel, who was called Russian Rambo (unfortunately a few years ago, he died tragically crash on a motorcycle), he became famous when his reconnaissance of 10 people managed to destroy for a single operation 68 Chechen terrorists hiding in the mountain forests, it said that the Russian military equipment the best in the world, and so in 2009, when President was still Medvedev, he was asked to give an expert evaluation of a European armored personnel carriers, which we would like to purchase for the army. The President said after his inspection of something like: "Well, how excellent technique is not it?" he received a straight answer, "No, Mr. President, it's crap, and I would never have sent my children on this machine into battle."

Ukrainian Rada is a farce as you can sell them weapons?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGnzoKTsQSI

It's not a helicopter, just training at the British commandos is sh*tty.
JamesPup wrote:I feel Britain is taking advantage of Ukraine by selling them bull sh*t armored vehicles. I wish Merkel would just agree to help Ukraine with their fight and go against Russia. She is kind of a PUSSY but I still like her.
Merkel only German Bulldog on a short leash at Obama, who himself can hardly be called an independent politician, judging by the current state of the German army them would soon will need help.

After the collapse of the USSR Ukraine quota was 4,080 tanks, 5,050 armored combat vehicles (of which not more than 3095 infantry fighting vehicles and 253 BMTV), 4040 artillery systems (guns, howitzers, mortars, MLRS) the caliber of 100 mm or more, 1090 combat aircraft (not counting of training L-29 and L-39) and 330 attack helicopters (Mi-24 and Mi-8). Of which are in active units may be no more than 3,130 tanks, 4,350 armored combat vehicles and 3,240 artillery systems.
Over 20 years of independence the Ukrainian army, due to insufficient financing fell several times, and degraded, there was an outflow of professional staff and the loss of credibility in the Ukrainian society. Technical condition, combat training and moral and morale in the army of Ukrainian experts estimate as insufficient to adequately respond to modern challenges and threats.

In 2011 the head of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on National Security and Defence A. Gritsenko said that "In the APU today no even one combat ready battalion, no combat-ready squadrons in the army now 22 thousand vacancy for which no one wants to work. Officers of the lower and middle management is not enough. "
According to Anatoly Kinakh, a member of the Committee of the Verkhovna Rada Committee on National Security and Defence, "The military tasks set by the command of the APU on the [2011] year, do not correspond to the actual situation. In defense budget in 2011 90- 92% of the funds are intended to provide the current needs of the army, and only 6-8% - for its development. "

In the period from 1994 to 2013 was sold for at least 4 PTRC 9K72 "Elbrus", 1379 tanks, 863 armored vehicles, 518 MANPADS, 12 self- propelled air defense system, 41 MLRS (including 12 9K58 "Smerch") and 292 caliber artillery systems 100 mm or more, previously held at the Land Forces of Ukraine. After the armed conflict in South Ossetia, Ukraine, led by Viktor Yushchenko, planned to sell 3 units of Georgia, but the supply has not been implemented. According to experts CACDS (Center for Army, Conversion and Disarmament) data of the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) with respect to the volume of exports of major weapons Ukraine underestimated.
The total number of Ground forces at the beginning of 2013 was 57,000 personnel, 686 tanks, 72 combat helicopters, 2065 armored combat vehicles, 716 artillery systems (guns, mortars and multiple rocket launcher systems fire) caliber 100 mm or more.
In early March 2014 army consisted of 41 thousand troops.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:59 pm

It seems the reasons why Lubitz deliberately crashed the plane begin to clear up. His ex-girlfriend said he wanted to change system and to be glorified thereby. The syndrome of Herostratus, become famous for having committed some heinous crime.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”