Russia Demystified

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

agent-FSS

Re: Russia Demystified

Postby agent-FSS » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:33 am

Laziness is the engine of progress. This is main reason for creation of cars under computer control. Operating systems always have crashes and critical errors, they are not immune from viruses and hacker attacks, suppose if that all of these cars were connected to the Internet, terrorists will be delighted.
I saw as a bunch of cars running computers arranged traffic jam at the test site after half an hour as test started.

How is situation in Baltimore? African Americans continue riot?
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:28 pm

Nice to see you back Agent-FSS. I wasn't sure why you had been gone.

I had forgot about the hacking aspect of self driving cars. Also I just thought of how bad weather may mess up their ability to drive and recognize obstructions in front of them this like snow fall.

Baltimore is bad news. Millions of damage was caused for not that much. I don’t really know that much about the case of the black who did some sort of crime or something and was picked up. I guess he was complaining to police and wasn’t buckled in and had some sort of spinal cord injury and died. I guess police still went to pick up other people and didn’t take the guys injuries seriously. People should have waited to see what would happen. I don’t know if the police were at fault at all though. I think they should have responded to the injured man but I’m not thinking they beat him to death. Could have been some sort of freak accident.

I really don’t like all of these protests because all of them lead to riots and looting. It has gotten to the point for me to take away the rights of people for a while. If there is a protest for a black then there should be many rules setup to make sure it doesn’t get out of hand. Like if there is one incident of violence then it should be stopped. Also there should be a curfew set up so no protesting at night. People deserve the right to protest but peoples actions have shown people are not being peaceful and so should not be allowed to have full rights in doing it.

The protests began I think after the dead black guys funeral. I don’t see why they didn’t wait to see what the investigation of lead to.

Baltimore now has extra police there and a curfew and the National Guard is there. They had to cancel a baseball game because of it and then had to have one without no one in the stands. I’m not convinced that Baltimore has seen its last riot and looting. Ferguson had a protest last night and people were burning things and two people were shot. The whole thing just makes you think that maybe it is time to reduce peoples rights when it comes to protesting.

I think African American’s will continue to protest and maybe for several more years now. Most of the protests are about stupid things where the black who died kind of deserved it and was a criminal. So it is easy to see if people want to protest idiots doing stupid things then there will be lots of protests because America has lots of idiots and of all races.
What seems to be the officer problem?
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:03 pm

Just decided to relax a bit, there are times when you just don't have time for everything what you want.

Assess situation is on another continent is much more complicated than it seems. Obviously, reasons for protests certainly justified, because this is not the first time, those who want to find a solution must act very carefully, African Americans are very consolidated and any rash decision may lead to new unrest elsewhere. I am inclined to think that at American police officers stigma of a gun, there's no smoke without fire, they certainly are abusing their powers.

I note that no one is in no hurry to call the U.S like police state, although I'm sure that if similar events occurred for example in Russia we have been doused with mud from head to toe, I'm not talking
about that it would be fun to see someone from our politicians who handing out cupcakes there.

I am always surprised by the fact that nearly all pogroms pass by one and the same scenario: goes first peaceful demonstration, then into crowd appear aggressive-minded people, then clashed with police, smashing, looting, besides completely destroyed civilian property not related to authorities.

Maybe reason that's not in idiots of different races, but in the wrong approach. Too much freedom where it does not need, too lenient behavior where you need to hold a "red line", long-standing problems in the relations between whites and other races, after all entire neighborhoods where live only African Americans appeared not for one day.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:43 pm

I don't think anyone has the right to loot, riot, and commit anarchy. the damage to businesses and cars is unfair and also is the shooting of people. I think that people should have waited for the investigation to end. One person who was in the van said he could hear Gray banding around so maybe he injured himself? There are still problems with race in America but it is not that bad. Blacks are just jumping on a bandwagon of fighting police rate now which will pass at some point. People of all types get killed by the police all the time. We just don't always hear about the white ones. I'm not sure what I would do if I was in the blacks shoes but I hope I would just drop the issue. I've never protested about anything and I think if we want change the best way is to convince people to support your stance. People should try through political channels and put protesting to rest. If there are enough people to support an issue then it is addressed. I mean it was whites that freed black slaves to begin with so why would they think that we are trying to allow our police to treat them bad and kill them? If a person commits a crime then the police will treat you bad. When a person didn't do anything wrong and get hurt then the police get into trouble.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri May 01, 2015 4:03 pm

So today 6 Baltimore police officers were charged with crimes for what happened to Gray. I still don't know what happened but I guess the police officers are looking at losing their jobs to begin with and maybe some long jail sentences.

Here is a link about it: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/6-balt ... ar-BBj262m

It sounds like they all could be charged with not listening to Gray when he said twice that he needed to go to the hospital because he was hurt. I don't know what kind of trouble they could get into for that as any one could just make up a lie to postpone going to jail. Still the officers should have listened to him. I don't know how else they will get into trouble. They could have used some physical force against Gray to arrest him which I don't think they could get punished for. If they beat him while he was in custody then they will get a big sentence. It will be interesting as to what will stick to the officers. I really don't think they will get jail time though but it is too early to know. How Gray got his injuries is the big mystery.

Update
Ok so I read about this at this link http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/01/us/freddi ... index.html
So I guess that Gray was wrongfully arrested which we will have to see if that one is true at all. Then there is the whole seatbelt story. I've been in police cars and in police transportation vehicles and there are no seatbelts. The whole seatbelt theory is going to be tough to prove of why gray died. What stands out is Gray had a medical history of asthma and maybe some other things. Plus the police checked on Gray like 5 times and he was on the flood most of the times. He would ask for help and wouldn't get it. That could be the biggest failure they made and will lead to some jail time. What's funny is that 3 of the 6 cops are black and one of them is a female. That should shut down the whole white vs black thing some.

I still get a weird feeling that the cops may only lose their jobs and some years of probation. One thing is that Gray ran from the police and that is a big mistake. If they want you then you should just listen to them. They get very suspicious of runners. For running Gray could have been shot to death.

The black guy Goodson is looing at 63 years and to me looks like a young Al Sharpton. That would be funny for Sharpton to go there and yell at a mirror.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat May 02, 2015 3:13 pm

Some good news is that the British Royals had another child. It is a girl. I can't wait to see her and find out what her name will be. I read that possible names may be Alice, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Victoria, and Diana. I think out of these I like Victoria the best.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon May 04, 2015 1:03 am

Check this out:
'Shooting Confirmed Outside 'Draw Muhammad' Contest in Texas'
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sho ... as-n352996

The Muslims are taking over and now we get shot if we draw Muhammad in America.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Mon May 04, 2015 6:22 pm

JamesPup wrote:Some good news is that the British Royals had another child. It is a girl. I can't wait to see her and find out what her name will be. I read that possible names may be Alice, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Victoria, and Diana. I think out of these I like Victoria the best.
I thought her name will be Diana. But they decided her name will rather original - Charlotte Elizabeth Diana.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Mon May 04, 2015 6:24 pm

JamesPup wrote:Check this out:
'Shooting Confirmed Outside 'Draw Muhammad' Contest in Texas'
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sho ... as-n352996
The Muslims are taking over and now we get shot if we draw Muhammad in America.
The world is slowly going to hell. It's horrible. I does not want
another war, but we have to unite and use troops against ISIL otherwise not solve the problem, and such incidents will occur more and more. And it is not superfluous remind stop teasing fanatics such contests only give them an extra reason for action.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Mon May 04, 2015 6:27 pm

Why so alarmed foreign media from what we sell Iran anti-aircraft missile complex s-300?
Generally in the US citizens already tired from constant references about Russia?
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon May 04, 2015 9:09 pm

I haven't really heard about the selling to Iran anti-aircraft missile complex s-300 yet in the mainstream news and will wait for it to get there or will pass it off as not that important.

I don't think Russia is in the news that much. I believe that last I heard was of Russia and North Korea's friendship and trade agreement. I usually only check MSN and CNN news and so I miss a lot of the small stuff that doesn't have much impact.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Tue May 05, 2015 9:55 pm

JamesPup wrote:I haven't really heard about the selling to Iran anti-aircraft missile complex s-300 yet in the mainstream news and will wait for it to get there or will pass it off as not that important.
Well, it's actually quite old news, since almost one month. Complexes could sell back in 2007, but because of what we support sanctions against Iran, deal fell through. Now, if sanctions against Iran are lifted deal will be completed. We do not want that Israel suddenly decided solve nuclear problem in Iran with the help of the bombing.
JamesPup wrote:I don't think Russia is in the news that much. I believe that last I heard was of Russia and North Korea's friendship and trade agreement. I usually only check MSN and CNN news and so I miss a lot of the small stuff that doesn't have much impact.
Maybe I'm just too focuses on this subject in the foreign press and I have created wrong impression. By the way you have not seen the documentary Crimea - the way home? Seems its promised to translate into English.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Tue May 05, 2015 11:07 pm

I’m not sure Israel would ever fight Iran seeing how they don’t border each other. That is the most complexing thing about Iran and Israel going to war. Saudi Arabia might want to join into that though so it will be to see what happens. I’m sure they would need the US to do everything.

No I have never heard of the documentary Crimea- The Way Home.

I did today read about the Russian T-14 Armata tanks. Here is a link http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/05/world/rus ... index.html
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Thu May 07, 2015 10:13 am

JamesPup wrote: No I have never heard of the documentary Crimea- The Way Home.
The film can be found online, though it seems now there is a version with only English subtitles.
JamesPup wrote:I did today read about the Russian T-14 Armata tanks. Here is a link http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/05/world/rus ... index.html
Oh yeah, Armata is splendid. And what is even more pleasing, tank is already will have use to good advantage. In the U.S., too, will show our victory parade on 9th of may?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu May 07, 2015 4:16 pm

Tanks are only useful if the enemy doesn't have an air force.

That's why tanks are so popular with the US and Russia. They're spending a lot of time sending troops into places that have no air force.

Not only that, but they take a lot of effort to build and since the military is mostly a jobs program, that makes them popular with legislators who happen to have tank factories in their districts.

There will never, ever be large-scale tank warfare ever again. They would all be blown up from the air or by shoulder-fired missiles in the opening days of a war. No, tanks are for rolling into a country with a fourth-rate military to provide cover against small arms and to intimidate an out-gunned enemy into giving up.
The same way ships don't fire artillery at each other anymore because of air power and missiles, tanks will never see each other in battle again either.
Helicopters are the new "tanks".

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”