Halloween and Christmas

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

agent-FSS

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby agent-FSS » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:49 pm

Samathou wrote:Ah right, the "Soviet Union" = URSS.
(it's no more the Stalinian state it used to be... now there is Putin!)

Witty, but you a little were mistaken topic, amie. For this post place in this thread: http://forums.southpark.cc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=91902

I recommend to esteem at a leisure, you can learn something new, in Europe now absolutely bad with the independent press. And especially for you I will leave the message there.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:14 pm

agent-FSS wrote:
Big-Will wrote:I see the dates in the East are now the same as in the West, but shifted by 13 days because of the Julian calendar.

Julian 12/25 = Gregorian 1/7
Julian 1/6 = Gregorian 1/19

You've, totally confused me, Big-Will. So we in Russia are celebrating by the Julian or Gregorian? I used to think that this was Gregorian, then I read the article on the internet where was called the Julian.

Hell, who to believe?

If you celebrated Epiphany on the same day the West did, you're on the Gregorian calendar. If you celebrated it 13 days later, you're on the Julian calendar (which in a bit of irony would read January 6).

With the calendars getting farther and farther apart, I can see the day when you'll have Christmas in July, literally. :lol: But I'm sure there's a correction in there somewhere. :)

On the other hand, if Russia is using the Gregorian calendar, the Orthodox Epiphany was on January 19, and all is right with the world.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:02 pm

Big-Will wrote:If you celebrated Epiphany on the same day the West did, you're on the Gregorian calendar. If you celebrated it 13 days later, you're on the Julian calendar (which in a bit of irony would read January 6).

With the calendars getting farther and farther apart, I can see the day when you'll have Christmas in July, literally. :lol: But I'm sure there's a correction in there somewhere. :)

On the other hand, if Russia is using the Gregorian calendar, the Orthodox Epiphany was on January 19, and all is right with the world.

However, an interesting thing, we celebrate the Epiphany of January 19, but Christmas 7th :shock: . Looks like we have a little bit unique calendar.

Christmas in July, liked would me more 8) .

In winter, in the Epiphany in Russia the most severe frosts.
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:33 pm

agent-FSS wrote:
Samathou wrote:Ah right, the "Soviet Union" = URSS.
(it's no more the Stalinian state it used to be... now there is Putin!)

Witty, but you a little were mistaken topic, amie. For this post place in this thread: http://forums.southpark.cc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=91902

I recommend to esteem at a leisure, you can learn something new, in Europe now absolutely bad with the independent press. And especially for you I will leave the message there.

*confused*

Oh well...
In October, I already wanna wish you a Merry Christmas... mwahaha! ~~
kittymccormick

Postby kittymccormick » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:41 pm

I'm probably gonna dress up and go barhopping on Halloween. Thanksgiving I go to my parents house. For Christmas, I go to my parents house and see my friend BUT until Christmas all I ask is that my house to keep smelling like vanilla cinnamon (that preferably but anything that helps my house smell like I don't have cats). I'm also hoping that Atlanta actually ices so I can sled down the street. A 27 year old female sledding down the street. :zombiekenny:

[WHATEVA, I DO WHAT I WANT]
HMPHMMPH HMPHMPH!
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:35 pm

kittymccormick wrote:I'm probably gonna dress up and go barhopping on Halloween. Thanksgiving I go to my parents house. For Christmas, I go to my parents house and see my friend BUT until Christmas all I ask is that my house to keep smelling like vanilla cinnamon (that preferably but anything that helps my house smell like I don't have cats). I'm also hoping that Atlanta actually ices so I can sled down the street. A 27 year old female sledding down the street. :zombiekenny:

[WHATEVA, I DO WHAT I WANT]

Oh, you have a cat? ^^
(Vanilla cinnamon though? Interesting... uh, is it that smelly otherwise? haha)

Yeah, personally, during holidays in general, I just go to my mom's house. I wish there was some more atmosphere though... you know. x)
Well, guess we can still expect to deal with some nice food.
Sledding down the street? I have never done that so far... maybe someday, why not.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:26 pm

Samathou wrote:
agent-FSS wrote:Witty, but you a little were mistaken topic, amie. For this post place in this thread: http://forums.southpark.cc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=91902

*confused*

Oh well...

Aw, don't confusing. I know the girls do not like the policy, but since here representatives from different countries, me just wondering the opinion of foreigners on various issues of interest to me :) .
kittymccormick wrote:... BUT until Christmas all I ask is that my house to keep smelling like vanilla cinnamon

smelling like vanilla cinnamon? what is it? this should scare or attract cats?
Samathou wrote:Oh, you have a cat? ^^
(Vanilla cinnamon though? Interesting... uh, is it that smelly otherwise? haha)

Yeah, personally, during holidays in general, I just go to my mom's house. I wish there was some more atmosphere though... you know. x)
Well, guess we can still expect to deal with some nice food.
Sledding down the street? I have never done that so far... maybe someday, why not.

Sledding down the street? Oh yeah, I remember well my first time :D . It seems I was 8 years old at that time. In then year fell good heap of snow, it's such a rarity in my field, I once wrote about it. We with my cousin took my sled in the garage, took to the road, take a run... and after 20 meters crashed into a crowd of students,.. :lol: :? in the bowling it's called - the strike :mrgreen: ,.. it well, that nobody seriously not suffered.
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:11 pm

Aw, don't confusing. I know the girls do not like the policy, but since here representatives from different countries, me just wondering the opinion of foreigners on various issues of interest to me :) .

I confess (so there is no ambiguity) that when somebody focuses too much on my gender, I'm generally not feeling very at ease with them... just warning.

PS: I know some girls who're really into politics. Nowadays, the society is changing, and the statistics as well... (see the number of females who do Duty studies)
With this point, I know a lot of boys who aren't interested either.

Sledding down the street? Oh yeah, I remember well my first time :D . It seems I was 8 years old at that time. In then year fell good heap of snow, it's such a rarity in my field, I once wrote about it. We with my cousin took my sled in the garage, took to the road, take a run... and after 20 meters crashed into a crowd of students,.. :lol: :? in the bowling it's called - the strike :mrgreen: ,.. it well, that nobody

Yeah, indeed, I have played bowling, and if you crash into some pupils like pins... it's a sort of one-of-a-kind strike...
(That could have been a "Spare" if you were first to crash into some of them, and if your cousin crashed into the rest right after :mrgreen: )
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:54 pm

Samathou wrote:

I confess (so there is no ambiguity) that when somebody focuses too much on my gender, I'm generally not feeling very at ease with them... just warning.

excuse-moi. And I really focuses too much? Somehow did not noticed . Fine, I will continue more neutral,.. ok?..
Samathou wrote:PS: I know some girls who're really into politics. Nowadays, the society is changing, and the statistics as well... (see the number of females who do Duty studies)
With this point, I know a lot of boys who aren't interested either.

Well, I said, certainly, generalized. But you right, society long changing, I'm know. Not terrible, I have plenty of other interests.
Samathou wrote:Yeah, indeed, I have played bowling, and if you crash into some pupils like pins... it's a sort of one-of-a-kind strike...
(That could have been a "Spare" if you were first to crash into some of them, and if your cousin crashed into the rest right after :mrgreen: )

No, it was a real "strike", we rode together on one sleigh :D .
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:15 pm

Agent wrote:excuse-moi. And I really focuses too much? Somehow did not noticed . Fine, I will continue more neutral,.. ok?..

Thank you very much!

Agent wrote:No, it was a real "strike", we rode together on one sleigh :D .

Hahaha, I know. :cartmansmile: But I imagined...
Oh well, what happened after? :lol:
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:36 pm

Samathou wrote:
Agent wrote:No, it was a real "strike", we rode together on one sleigh :D .

Hahaha, I know. :cartmansmile: But I imagined...
Oh well, what happened after? :lol:

Em, well, when we scrambled out of a roadside snowdrift in which we hit after accident, students naturally started talking obscene abuse (on my Homeland it perfectly are able to do, perhaps you know, moreover is so inventive...) when to rose to one's feet and shook off snow. They would have torn off our ears, I think, but my father came, so the history ended for us well, guys quickly calmed down and went further, and I with the cousin continued to ride as though nothing were the matter, truth already under supervision of parents. Perhaps it saved us from a risk step to be hooked for the car and to try to drive on sledge thus.

Truth generally we preferred to seek adventure to construction sites or in the thrown buildings, but in the summer of course.
Last edited by agent-FSS on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kittymccormick

Postby kittymccormick » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:44 pm

agent-FSS- cats aren't attracted or repelled by the cinnamon/vanilla. When you live with cats, sometimes you can smell the litter box, toys, scratching posts, etc. Same thing with any pet really. They all have their own scents- cats, dogs, birds, reptiles, rodents...No matter what you do or how clean you make it, there's always some remnant of "pet smell" at some point.

I have 2 cats, 6 geckos, and a bearded dragon. :assface: :D
HMPHMMPH HMPHMPH!
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:54 pm

kittymccormick wrote:agent-FSS- cats aren't attracted or repelled by the cinnamon/vanilla. When you live with cats, sometimes you can smell the litter box, toys, scratching posts, etc. Same thing with any pet really. They all have their own scents- cats, dogs, birds, reptiles, rodents...No matter what you do or how clean you make it, there's always some remnant of "pet smell" at some point.

Ahh, now realized. I do not keep pets, that's it for this reason. Not to mention the fact that will be wool, when they molt.
kittymccormick wrote:I have 2 cats, 6 geckos, and a bearded dragon. :assface: :D

What a mess! as you have time for all to follow? Of course, I love animals, but you love them obviously much stronger.
kittymccormick

Postby kittymccormick » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:48 pm

Well the geckos shed and actually eat their shedded skin to reabsorb nutrients and I brush my cats twice a week because they're Siberians. I love my geckos. They always look like they're smiling and they're ALL coming to my parents house with me for Christmas! :assface:
HMPHMMPH HMPHMPH!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:54 am

Halloween and Christmas always make me think of the same thing. All the fun I had decorating the house back in the day. I still do often for Christmas, but I haven't done Halloween in a very long time. Things may change this year. (but I've not got a lot of time to get the place ready.)

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”