Halloween and Christmas

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

agent-FSS

Re: Halloween and Christmas

Postby agent-FSS » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:12 am

kittymccormick wrote:Well the geckos shed and actually eat their shedded skin to reabsorb nutrients and I brush my cats twice a week because they're Siberians. I love my geckos. They always look like they're smiling and they're ALL coming to my parents house with me for Christmas! :assface:

Oh, Siberian cat, I know this breed, seems, aristocrats in the Russian Empire their very loved, and although they are semi-longhair they need regular brushing.
Siberian cats are excellent to catch mice, this is evidenced only case in besieged Leningrad during the Second World war, there was a real invasion of rats spoiling the grain, their Hordes reminiscent of the river boldly coursed to the streets, and to fight with them in the city sent a train exactly with the Siberian breed. It helped very quickly to solve the problem. However, I'm guessing at you they feed too much and of course don't hunt, well, and rodents most likely you are haven't.

My neighbor has a British lop-eared cat, costly, but utterly useless, he afraid even from the house to the street exit. And to me constantly comes one stray cat, quite similar to the Siberian breed, although most likely it's some kind of mix, but he prefers to live by oneself.

And your geckos climbing on ceiling? Or you keep them in a terrarium with a dragon?

Meanwhile, before the holiday is only a few days, by the way, in Russia there were cases when the government some regions forbidden employees to celebrate Halloween in state institutions, but this prohibition were did not last long.
kittymccormick

Postby kittymccormick » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:04 pm

When I used to keep snakes, I'd feed them mice and my cat used to stalk and attack the box that the mouse was in. My cats are named Beans and Loki. Only one of my geckos can stick to vertical surfaces and hang upside down. The rest are desert geckos so they have little claws on their feet. Tropical geckos have the circular toepads with microscopic hairs that let them stick to things. You can feel the stickiness when you touch the toes. One is Beibron's gecko and the rest are leopard geckos. They're all in separate tanks. The dragon (Butters :lol: ) would eat them if they were in there with him.
HMPHMMPH HMPHMPH!
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:17 am

Samathou wrote:
agent-FSS wrote:
Samathou wrote:Ah right, the "Soviet Union" = URSS.
(it's no more the Stalinian state it used to be... now there is Putin!)

Witty, but you a little were mistaken topic, amie. For this post place in this thread: http://forums.southpark.cc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=91902

I recommend to esteem at a leisure, you can learn something new, in Europe now absolutely bad with the independent press. And especially for you I will leave the message there.

*confused*

Oh well...

Don't be confused. agent-FSS was referring to a post he made for you in another thread: viewtopic.php?f=16&p=1091555#p1091555

Three more days until Halloween!

agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:32 am

kittymccormick wrote:When I used to keep snakes, I'd feed them mice and my cat used to stalk and attack the box that the mouse was in. My cats are named Beans and Loki. Only one of my geckos can stick to vertical surfaces and hang upside down. The rest are desert geckos so they have little claws on their feet. Tropical geckos have the circular toepads with microscopic hairs that let them stick to things. You can feel the stickiness when you touch the toes. One is Beibron's gecko and the rest are leopard geckos. They're all in separate tanks. The dragon (Butters :lol: ) would eat them if they were in there with him.

At me once lived small grass-snake in house, but I let out him in nature, him was better there. I also kept the spider for the experiment, but unfortunately he lived a little more than a year.

Stray cat I named Red (I think so could translate his name from the Russian). He constantly catches mice and lizards on our garden-plot, but does not mind if him give fed or want to play. I have long keep chickens, so always has fresh and eco-friendly eggs, they a particularly tasty in Easter.

So only one of your geckos tropical, they always liked me more desert.
Bearded dragons have a menacing look. When he is angry probably inflates the bag neck, huh? I guess that you would call him Kenny, but Butters I like more :D . One friend of my father kept monitor lizard, dangerous fellow, I say, could easily broke kick tail handle of a shovel on the orders of the master, and could still bite not weak, if was in a bad temper. You feed all reptiles insects?
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:36 am

zzyzx 2 wrote:Three more days until Halloween!

When in the US will be a Halloween in Russia holiday has already ended, the time difference seems about 12 hours for the same reason a new episode SP can only be seen on Thursday. In any case, it as normally will not celebrate more than 5% of the population. By the way, for Jack's lanterns used some special varieties of pumpkin? Just colour those varieties that are grown in our gardens has green rind, sometimes with orange spots, even when ripe, I've never seen a pumpkin with a bright orange rind.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:31 pm

agent-FSS wrote:When in the US will be a Halloween in Russia holiday has already ended, the time difference seems about 12 hours for the same reason a new episode SP can only be seen on Thursday. In any case, it as normally will not celebrate more than 5% of the population. By the way, for Jack's lanterns used some special varieties of pumpkin? Just colour those varieties that are grown in our gardens has green rind, sometimes with orange spots, even when ripe, I've never seen a pumpkin with a bright orange rind.

You know something? I don't know :o

Every year in late September and in October, pumpkins are sold. Ever since I can remember pumpkins have always been orange with orange rinds. Sometime when you clean out the seeds before carving the pumpkin the orange rind has some areas of white. But basically the entire pumpkin that is sold this time of year is an all orange pumpkin.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:54 pm

agent-FSS wrote:By the way, for Jack's lanterns used some special varieties of pumpkin? Just colour those varieties that are grown in our gardens has green rind, sometimes with orange spots, even when ripe, I've never seen a pumpkin with a bright orange rind.

Most pumpkins are orange here in the States, but I've also seen white and green ones (those might be squash as well) in stores.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:28 am

zzyzx 2 wrote:You know something? I don't know :o

Every year in late September and in October, pumpkins are sold. Ever since I can remember pumpkins have always been orange with orange rinds. Sometime when you clean out the seeds before carving the pumpkin the orange rind has some areas of white. But basically the entire pumpkin that is sold this time of year is an all orange pumpkin.

Big-Will wrote:Most pumpkins are orange here in the States, but I've also seen white and green ones (those might be squash as well) in stores.

:D Well, I know that there are more than 100 grades of pumpkin and color of its peel varies from red to the white. Most likely really some special grade of this vegetable having such bright coloring is used. In my places generally grow up fodder pumpkin for the purpose of receiving seeds, it seems in these sorts they larger as I understood. Pumpkin seeds by the way tasty and useful.

Interesting that Celts and Scots used turnip for lanterns instead of pumpkin.

Well and time we started talking about pumpkin: for 2010 the record in size of the grown-up pumpkin belongs to the farmer Chris Stephens from New Richmond, the State of Wisconsin, USA. His pumpkin weigh 1810,5 pounds (821,2 kg) and thus established the new world record which is confirmed officially by the Guinness Book of Records. I in his place would made from it a giant lantern Jack and chalked up another record.
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:43 am

Agent wrote:Em, well, when we scrambled out of a roadside snowdrift in which we hit after accident, students naturally started talking obscene abuse (on my Homeland it perfectly are able to do, perhaps you know, moreover is so inventive...) when to rose to one's feet and shook off snow. They would have torn off our ears, I think, but my father came, so the history ended for us well, guys quickly calmed down and went further, and I with the cousin continued to ride as though nothing were the matter, truth already under supervision of parents. Perhaps it saved us from a risk step to be hooked for the car and to try to drive on sledge thus.

Oh well, sometimes teens can be pretty mean... (well, adults as well...)
But I'm glad things ended up well for you both!

ZZ wrote:Don't be confused. agent-FSS was referring to a post he made for you in another thread
Thanks for the link.

BRMBug wrote:Halloween and Christmas always make me think of the same thing. All the fun I had decorating the house back in the day. I still do often for Christmas, but I haven't done Halloween in a very long time. Things may change this year. (but I've not got a lot of time to get the place ready.)

I didn't think about this, but actually that's a pretty nice aspect: the decorations. They give an interesting ambiance to the house I guess...
Did you finally do something for this year?

Everyone: Happy Halloween!
In October, I already wanna wish you a Merry Christmas... mwahaha! ~~
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:39 am

Samathou wrote:Oh well, sometimes teens can be pretty mean... (well, adults as well...)

I agree. Well, we have a fairly quiet provincial village (though in Europe it was would a town, I guess), where seldom happens anything interesting, in my opinion.
Samathou wrote:But I'm glad things ended up well for you both!

Thank you. So been not always, but I'm pretty lucky, I think :D .
Samathou wrote:
ZZ wrote:Don't be confused. agent-FSS was referring to a post he made for you in another thread
Thanks for the link.

Thanks for the help zzyzx 2. I'm not a professional and don't know how to make such links.
Samathou wrote:
BRMBug wrote:Halloween and Christmas always make me think of the same thing. All the fun I had decorating the house back in the day. I still do often for Christmas, but I haven't done Halloween in a very long time. Things may change this year. (but I've not got a lot of time to get the place ready.)

I didn't think about this, but actually that's a pretty nice aspect: the decorations. They give an interesting ambiance to the house I guess...
Did you finally do something for this year?

The decorations is always nice. And they really add something special atmosphere of the house, in my opinion.

Samathou wrote:Everyone: Happy Halloween!

I join to the congratulations (though, honestly, not sure what the celebration is still going on). Each and every happy holiday!
Happy Halloween! :D

Samathou, Happy Halloween (for you - personally) :D ! Or in Europe, it already ended?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:23 am

Hope you all had a Happy Halloween. Next up is a Mexican holiday, the Day of the Dead, which begins on Halloween and continues until November 2, All Souls Day.

On October 31, All Hallows Eve, the children make a children's altar to invite the angelitos (spirits of dead children) to come back for a visit. November 1 is All Saints Day, and the adult spirits will come to visit. November 2 is All Souls Day, when families go to the cemetery to decorate the graves and tombs of their relatives. The three-day fiesta filled with marigolds, the flowers of the dead; muertos (the bread of the dead); sugar skulls; cardboard skeletons; tissue paper decorations; fruit and nuts; incense, and other traditional foods and decorations.

After this we can continue with the holiday season. :)

Hwlloween
Days of the Dead
Thanksgiving
Advent (or the Christmas Shopping Season for the non-religious)
Christmas
Kwanzaa
New Year's Eve/Day
Epiphany
Candlemas (or Groundhog Day)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:45 pm

Big-Will wrote:Hope you all had a Happy Halloween. Next up is a Mexican holiday, the Day of the Dead, which begins on Halloween and continues until November 2, All Souls Day.

On October 31, All Hallows Eve, the children make a children's altar to invite the angelitos (spirits of dead children) to come back for a visit. November 1 is All Saints Day, and the adult spirits will come to visit. November 2 is All Souls Day, when families go to the cemetery to decorate the graves and tombs of their relatives. The three-day fiesta filled with marigolds, the flowers of the dead; muertos (the bread of the dead); sugar skulls; cardboard skeletons; tissue paper decorations; fruit and nuts; incense, and other traditional foods and decorations.

After this we can continue with the holiday season. :)

Hwlloween
Days of the Dead
Thanksgiving
Advent (or the Christmas Shopping Season for the non-religious)
Christmas
Kwanzaa
New Year's Eve/Day
Epiphany
Candlemas (or Groundhog Day)

Well, personally I did not have Happy Halloween, I do not celebrate. Day of the Dead? I did not even knew of it existence. In Russia, for example commemorate the dead on Saturday before the feast of the Holy Trinity. So people go to the cemetery to take care of the graves in a Friday or before.

Hmmm, however what saturated holidays calendar. Christmas New Year and Christmas for me the nearest.
Samathou

Postby Samathou » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:21 pm

October 31th was the only Halloween day, haha... ^^ Well, I guess there is still a bit of the atmosphere though.

Thank you for your wishes!
In October, I already wanna wish you a Merry Christmas... mwahaha! ~~
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:42 am

I did nothing this year. Got off work at 12am Thurs. night, and had to be up a 6am to be at work at 7. I spent an hour and a half after work running around to 24hr. stores to find something to cobble a costume together with and struck out. I even tried after work on Fri. to find something and still struck out. I even got together makeup and clothes to try and approximate my "Fat Tony" character, but was just too tired to do it.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:35 am

Samathou wrote:October 31th was the only Halloween day, haha... ^^ Well, I guess there is still a bit of the atmosphere though.

Thank you for your wishes!

What holiday you will be celebrate next from the above Big-Will's list?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”