Do Ouija Boards really work?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Milo Vonnegut 3

Do Ouija Boards really work?

Postby Milo Vonnegut 3 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:32 am

I myself have never tried it. But I know several people in my circle who have and claimed they worked. But has anyone else tried it? Do Ouija Boards really work?
Mamont

Re: Do Ouija Boards really work?

Postby Mamont » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:46 pm

stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:32 pm

Nope.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:15 pm

I used to own one and they don't work. One person or more has to move the Ouija piece around. It is freaky if people don't tell you they are moving the thing around. The one I had was made out of plastic. I don't believe in spirits so I didn't really like it that much. The new movie about it must have you wanting one? I would just see the movie. If you buy one it will be a waste of money. You will only use it a few times.
What seems to be the officer problem?
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:19 pm

JamesPup wrote:I don't believe in spirits so I didn't really like it that much.

Same here.

JamesPup wrote:If you buy one it will be a waste of money. You will only use it a few times.

As a kid I had one from Toys Я Us. Used it only one time. I think we gave it to Good Will. I remember we were at my grandparents house and a friend of mine was there. We tried it. My grandparent's neighbor was there so we asked the Ouija Board what this neighbor did for a living. We did NOT try to contact the dead, but merely asked what this living guy did for a living. Well, nothing happened for awhile, then the planchette started to move. We were young and didn't know to ask a spirit any question. We just asked a specific question about a live person.

Well, the planchette spelled out: C H E V R O L E T. And yes, this guy drove a truck that carried new cars to Chevrolet dealerships. But I knew that, so I was (unaware that) I was moving the planchette. As the psychologist said in the video link provided by Mamont to Penn and Teller, it was an ideomotor phenomenon where I was pushing it around and not aware I was doing it. My friend of course didn't know what this guy did for a living. And note we did not ask questions of anyone dead - only what this living guy did for a living.
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:29 pm

What nonsense, of course not. Simple quackery no more. But this is not to say that spirits and ghosts do not exist.
Milo Vonnegut 3

Postby Milo Vonnegut 3 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:47 pm

I've been recently look at old raw footage I borrowed from a neighbor, of people playing. He also stressed the importance of 2 or more candles and certain incantations to be read aloud. I didn't know what he was talking or what to make of it but it was interesting.
rance10

Postby rance10 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:33 am

Some people who tried it said it work though I never try it for myself.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:17 pm

So when I was seeing ads for this movie about an Ouiji board, was that real or just some huge prank? Because that seemed like a parody of a horror movie. I kept looking for Waynes brothers in the trailers. What the hell was that?

That couldn't have been real because no one would green light such an obviously bad idea.

You read it! You can't unread it!
VACOOLA

Postby VACOOLA » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:07 am

Ouija boards work perfectly fine as a cure for spiritualism/occultism, but only if you hit the patient on the head hard enough with one. The harder you hit, the stronger is the healing effect. It can take a series of heartfelt strikes on the head with an Ouija board to rid a hardcore occultist of their idiocy.
Milo Vonnegut 3

Postby Milo Vonnegut 3 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:10 pm

triplemultiplex wrote:So when I was seeing ads for this movie about an Ouiji board, was that real or just some huge prank? Because that seemed like a parody of a horror movie. I kept looking for Waynes brothers in the trailers. What the hell was that?

That couldn't have been real because no one would green light such an obviously bad idea.
I have not seen the film.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”