"The Interview" Cancelled?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

triplemultiplex

Re: "The Interview" Cancelled?

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:26 am

This whole thing is ridiculous. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. It's like a gigantic meta-joke is being played on the world right now with this uproar over "The Interview". In fact this seems like the plot for a movie. "Wacko dictatorship lashes out at Hollywood for being lampooned in a comedy."

This is insane. It is so surreal that it is beyond parody. Real life is now a parody.
And part of the parody is how every politician is trying to insert their own agenda into this controversy.

Or it's the most genius viral marketing campaign in history. A small part of me wants that to be the case, because that would be amazingly funny. We're all being trolled by a marketing company into seeing what is likely just a mediocre comedy with a hilariously absurd plot. Hell, it's working on me. I want to see this movie. Because I'm an 'Mur-can and we don't let no goddamn foreigners tell us what we can or can't do. :lol:

You read it! You can't unread it!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:52 am

I know a few people who can't quite shake the idea that it all might be part of a giant publicity stunt.

I still have no desire whatsoever to see this movie. I kinda almost did when the very first promos were coming out (like a year+ ago), and it seemed like an almost serious badass movie... then the stupid ones started coming out. Image
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Now Sony put it on limited release. The Alamo Drafthouse, which was going to show Team America: World Police after Sony cancelled The Interview, is going to show The Interview on Christmas Day after all. I hear a few theaters in Atlanta are going to show it also.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Female345

Postby Female345 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:44 pm

Sony hasn't axed it completely and will show it in 25 states and Puerto Rico. Here is the list of places that will be showing it as listed on an article posted on Yahoo.
Alabama:
Edge 12 - Birmingham

Arizona:
Harkins Theatres - Phoenix

Arkansas:
Riverdale 10 - Little Rock

California:
Laemmle Theatre, North Hollywood, CA (Dec. 31)
Cinefamily - Los Angeles
Mission Grove Theaters - Riverside

Colorado:
Alamo - Littleton

Delaware:
Penn Cinemas Riverfront - Wilmington
Rehoboth Beach’s Movies at Midway - Lewes
Westown Movies - Middletown

Florida:
Sun-Ray Cinema - Jacksonville

Georgia:
The Plaza Atlanta - Atlanta

Illinois:
Art Theater Co-Op, Champaign
Hollywood Blvd Cinema, Woodridge

Indiana:
Jasper 8 Theatres - Jasper

Louisiana:
Chalmette Movies - Chalmette
The Robinson Film Center - Shreveport

Maryland:
Eastpoint Movies 10 - Baltimore

Massachusetts
AppleCinemas - Cambridge

Michigan:
Alamo - Kalamazoo
The Michigan Theater - Ann Arbor

Missouri:
Alamo Main Street - Kansas City
MX Movies - St. Louis

New York:
Alamo - Yonkers
Dipson Flix 10 Stadium - Lancaster (Dec 26)
Dipson Lakewood Cinema - Lakewood (Dec 26)

Ohio:
Tower City Cinema - Cleveland
Gateway Film Center - Columbus

Oregon:
The Fox Theater - Dallas

Pennsylvania:
Southside Works Cinema - Pittsburgh

Puerto Rico:
Caribbean Cinemas - Puerto Rico

Rhode Island:
Cable Car Cinema - Providence

South Carolina
Terrace Theatre - Charleston

Tennessee
Belcourt Theatre - Nashville
Franklin Theatre - Franklin

Texas:
Alamo Lakeline - Austin
Alamo Slaughter - Austin
Alamo South Lamar - Austin
Alamo Ritz - Austin
Alamo - Richardson
Alamo Vintage Park - Houston
Alamo Mason Park - Katy
Alamo - Lubbock
Alamo Marketplace - New Braunfels
Alamo Park North - San Antonio
Alamo Westlakes - San Antonio
City Base Cinema - San Antonio

Vermont:
Merril’s Roxy - Burlington

Virginia:
Alamo Loudoun - Ashburn
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:54 am

Look at that list. For the most part, it's small, independent theaters that have come to the rescue. All the huge national chains are still cowering in the corner. That makes me happy.

You read it! You can't unread it!
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:51 pm

Excellent PR, forbid the film and you will see what the hype will raise those who wish watch.
mudlick

Postby mudlick » Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:53 pm

i disagree with showing it on Christmas. it doesnt sound very Christian and South Korea is around 50% Christian. it may incite tension. not good timing
Female345

Postby Female345 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:51 pm

mudlick wrote:i disagree with showing it on Christmas. it doesnt sound very Christian and South Korea is around 50% Christian. it may incite tension. not good timing
What does SK being half christian have to do with releasing it on Christmas? The threats (supposedly) came from North Korea, not South Korea.

It also can now be seen on YouTube, Google Play, and X Box video.
mudlick

Postby mudlick » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:08 am

uhhhhhhhh ... (scratches head)

they should have released it on buddha day and sang:
"happy buddha day to you"

i dont know i tried too hard
brain fart
mudlick

Postby mudlick » Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:31 pm

Sony released The Interview on youtube for $6.99
i cut up my credit card last week so i cant watch it. maybe its better if i stay out of the debate until i see it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed2kSuKqfz0
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:10 am

You could just torrent it like most of the rest of the world seems to be doing. Read an article on how it's the 'most illegally downloaded thing ever' (paraphrasing) this morning, but can't find the story now. :/
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:04 am

So mudlick you really like North Korea but what about China? I really like some of their movies and video games about the 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms'. Have you ever heard of that before? I had suggested that for an episode before but it didn't work out. Am I the only person on here who likes the 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms'?
Last edited by JamesPup on Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
What seems to be the officer problem?
mudlick

Postby mudlick » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:43 am

no ive never heard about it. like i said in the other thread strangely i have had a lot of close relationships with South Koreans. a childhood friend, college roomates, a korean church across the street from my parents house korean landlords, me and my brother even owned matching red and blue hyundais for a while.

before i moved in with 3 koreans in college my best friend for 2 years gave me 100 pages of korean history to read and i had to meet one of the girls parents and greet them accordingly.

i had a UN flag in the apartment too, and when i think back i had a lot to live up to. they helped and prepared me but i never imagined back then i'd be making a ton of north korean propaganda and spreading it 10 years later. when i first saw the north korean yugoslavia youtubes i was compelled to do something.

i knew some chinese people from college but i was never so close as i was with the koreans.

i do know one chinese story 'The Panda and the Magic Serpent' it was the first feature length animated japanese film, from chinese folklore . i found it at the dollar store. if i still have it i think i'd like to watch it again
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat Dec 27, 2014 2:57 am

I haven't read a book yet or the novel of the 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms' but some day I will. It is real fun from what I have seen and has so many characters and fun twists. I would think to check it out if you like east Asian literature. It is like the best book they have. China makes tons of movies a year about it and I have watched some of them. 'The Lost Bladesman' is my favorite. It has a lot of Guan Yu when he was captured by Cao Cao and goes until he gets away. I would say I really love the 'Romance of the Three Kingdoms'. It is one of my favorite things I like to look up and read about on the internet. I believe that Korea was once part of China during the Han dynasty so I would think you would like it.

Here is a link to a free to play site that is working rate now of 'The Lost Bladesman'. http://zumvo.com/watch-the-lost-bladesman-2011-5122

It really a great movie and it has English subtitles. It takes like a minute to start playing though so be patient after clicking on the link. But make sure to click play or it may say error. I will post another link if this one is not working.
What seems to be the officer problem?
agent-FSS

Postby agent-FSS » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:43 am

mudlick wrote:Sony released The Interview on youtube for $6.99
i cut up my credit card last week so i cant watch it. maybe its better if i stay out of the debate until i see it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed2kSuKqfz0
$7 for to watch likely pretty mediocre movie, it's a robbery, especially when the current value of the dollar, I'd rather wait for when it appeared on the torrents :D .

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”