Star Wars

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Milo Vonnegut

Star Wars

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:09 pm

Star Wars: The Force Awakens isn't something news, as far as news goes, but man am I pumped. I'm at Anaheim for Star Wars Celebration and this NEW trailer got me screaming "OH MY GOD, IT'S FUCKING STAR WARS!!!"

https://youtu.be/ngElkyQ6Rhs
Last edited by Milo Vonnegut on Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamesPup

Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Postby JamesPup » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:34 pm

So you got to see the new trailer first? If so that is cool. I heard it was first shown at some sort of show. Yeah I saw it in the news and watched it on my iPhone. I was right that it will have the old characters kids in it. I wonder who the black guy is? Is he a kid of theirs or does he just sleep with the white chick? It was nice to see Han Solo and Chewy and it may have been Luke with R2D2. I am betting that Luke and Han and Leia all die during the three new movies and one of the kids dies. Maybe one of the kids will go to the dark side? It will be interesting. I wonder if there will be Jedi or Sith ghosts in it? There are a lot of the actors that died in the movies that are still around.
What seems to be the officer problem?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:49 pm

I know I'm not the only one who thought that Chewbacca should have looked older. Apparently Wookies are long-lived, as evidenced by our favorite living carpet making an appearance in the prequels, but still. He looks too much the same; especially next to old man Ford.

Hope springs eternal for the new movies. Especially if they can cut loose some of the baggage. Example: We don't need to see R2 and C3PO for another three movies. They were among the many things that dragged down the prequels.

I am open to killing off any of the established characters if it helps the story. It's going to be a bit of a shock to see everyone all old and stuff anyway, so if it builds toward Luke Skywalker metaphorically jumping on a grenade, I'm okay with that.

You read it! You can't unread it!
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:40 am

triplemultiplex wrote:I know I'm not the only one who thought that Chewbacca should have looked older. [1] Apparently Wookies are long-lived, as evidenced by our favorite living carpet making an appearance in the prequels, but still. [2] He looks too much the same; especially next to old man Ford.
1. Agreed. I also felt that Chewbacca should've looked aged. Maybe with some grey wisps in his fur.

2. Well, I know Chewie was a teenager in Revenge of the Sith. (that's all I really know, I don't read the "Expanded Universe")
Hope springs eternal for the new movies. Especially if they can cut loose some of the baggage. Example: We don't need to see R2 and C3PO for another three movies. They were among the many things that dragged down the prequels.
What do you think of the little soccer ball droid, BB-8?
I am open to killing off any of the established characters if it helps the story. It's going to be a bit of a shock to see everyone all old and stuff anyway, so if it builds toward Luke Skywalker metaphorically jumping on a grenade, I'm okay with that.
Would you mind seeing an older, wise - or at least less-annoying - Jar Jar Binks? After all, The Force Awakens takes place approx. 30-35 years after the original trilogy, 60-65 years after The Phantom Menace. So, he'd be too damn old to be doing stupid shit. :P
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:25 pm

I really like R2D2 and C3PO and hope they have some nice roles in the new movies. Also I don’t know enough about the little soccer ball droid BB-8 but if it has some fun scenes with it helping out I will like it.

As far as Jar Jar Binks goes I’m sorry Milo but I am sure that he died on his home planet. It was the one in A New Hope that Darth Vader has the death star blow up. I had read before that Jar Jar was on the planet. Still they could do something else.

What about Rogue One? That will be a movie that takes place between the 3rd and 4rth movies I believe. About trying to steal the Death Star plans, sounds interesting.

It would have been funny if Chewie had a bald spot on his head and was graying or something. I guess I hadn’t thought of that but that is funny.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:52 pm

JamesPup wrote:I really like R2D2 and C3PO and hope they have some nice roles in the new movies. Also I don’t know enough about the little soccer ball droid BB-8 but if it has some fun scenes with it helping out I will like it.
Well I already fell in love with that little ball droid. :D

Come to think of it, BB-8 does feel very Disney-ish.
As far as Jar Jar Binks goes I’m sorry Milo but I am sure that he died on his home planet. It was the one in A New Hope that Darth Vader has the death star blow up. I had read before that Jar Jar was on the planet. Still they could do something else.
Nothing is canon in Star Wars except for the movies. The original trilogy, the prequel trilogy, The Force Awakens, Rogue One, and all the new movies.

The last time we saw Jar Jar was in Revenge of the Sith. The planet that got blown up in A New Hope was Alderaan. The planet that Jar Jar is from is Naboo.

I mean it's possible he died of old age or some rare disease. But if he's alive...?
What about Rogue One? That will be a movie that takes place between the 3rd and 4rth movies I believe. About trying to steal the Death Star plans, sounds interesting.
I heard it took place in between Empire and Jedi.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:10 am

^_^ HE'S SOOOO CUUUUUTE!!! *ahem*.

I never saw RotS, and barely remember AotC. I absolutely cannot wait for this.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:09 am

The next big Christmas gift. :)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:28 pm

Big-Will wrote:The next big Christmas gift. :)
I'd be utterly shocked if one can't buy a small, remote control version of that thing by Black Friday.

That droid does worry me some. It better do something badass in its first scene. Because if they try and use it exclusively as a cutesy comedic character, then that is going to get annoying extremely fast and validate everyone's fears about Disney owning the franchise.

R2 and C3PO were great in the original trilogy, but putting them in the prequel trilogy was a huge mistake.
First of all, R2 being the same goddamn robot through six movies means they want us to believe that droid technology in these advanced societies is completely stagnant. Okay, maybe. But that part at the end of Revenge of the Sith where they order 3PO's memory wiped and NOT R2's? That means R2 knows everything about Luke's past and could warn him about Vader's paternity and about tongue blasting his twin sister.

And Darth Vader built C3PO? What the hell is that? A small child can build a protocol droid as good as some intergalactic robot company? After all there are other 3PO-like droids seen in the franchise that somebody is building. I would feel a lot better about this if there was a shot in Phantom Menace where we see an empty box for a protocol droid where it says "assembly required" somewhere.

JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:11 am

Sorry Milo I am rusty on the whole Star Wars history thing. I tried to come up with what BB-8 could ever do and why he or she is running or rolling away. Maybe it can roll into people and knock them over or deliver an explosive device to an area. Or it could help with intel or maybe it can hack the Republics computers. Seeing how it looks unfunctional I wonder what the hell it is suppose to be able to do? Any guesses? It could be a scout and reconnaissance robot. It is shown on a desert planet so that may be why it rolls around. I think I have covered all possibilities but if anyone has another just post it.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:21 am

triplemultiplex wrote:
Big-Will wrote:The next big Christmas gift. :)
I'd be utterly shocked if one can't buy a small, remote control version of that thing by Black Friday.
We're close...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu6x9sJCGfo
Milo Vonnegut

Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:32 pm

A few days ago, at celebration, we saw concept teaser for the movie Star Wars Anthology: Rogue One. It's another prequel to A New Hope (though it has nothing to do with the prequel trilogy), it's about stealing the Death Star plans.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:28 pm

JamesPup wrote:Sorry Milo I am rusty on the whole Star Wars history thing. I tried to come up with what BB-8 could ever do and why he or she is running or rolling away. Maybe it can roll into people and knock them over or deliver an explosive device to an area. Or it could help with intel or maybe it can hack the Republics computers. Seeing how it looks unfunctional I wonder what the hell it is suppose to be able to do? Any guesses? It could be a scout and reconnaissance robot. It is shown on a desert planet so that may be why it rolls around. I think I have covered all possibilities but if anyone has another just post it.
Seems likely it's supposed to be the new R2D2.
That why the top part is reminiscent of R2.

agent-FSS

Re: Star Wars

Postby agent-FSS » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:24 am

Looking forward to it
Milo Vonnegut

Re: Star Wars

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:47 pm

So is anyone getting Star Wars Battlefront?

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”