Star Wars

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

JamesPup

Re: Star Wars

Postby JamesPup » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:41 pm

Well I saw this site that has an edited video of the new Force Awakens trailer. Here it is http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... ailer.aspx

It is very Jar Jar Binks like the two being Milo and maybe Triple like.
What seems to be the officer problem?
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:51 pm

JVM wrote: I'm also generally meh on Disney's long-term strategies with the franchise, which I think will produce burn out and eventually further starve the franchise's overall quality -- if not now, then later. I also think between the adult and child audiences, there'll be a lot of attempts to have cake and eat it, too. More scenes of people mentioning the Empire in a dark, broody way, but less scenes of, say, Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru's charred corpses.
Disney is absolutely going to beat the franchise into the ground. That's what they do with everything they make. What made the original trilogy so special in my mind was that it was just those three movies. No prequels, no sequels, no Saturday morning animated adventures; you could hold them up on this high alter of scifi. If it was just the next three movies, that would be okay; it's been a decade. But they've got plans for movies that sound like they will only dilute the franchise.

It's the same thing they did to Marvel. Now I'm not into the superhero genre very much, but the barrage of movies in the last decade has been insane. And they have no plans to stop making them as long as people keep showing up. It's getting old. "Oh the fate of the world hangs in the balance and only <insert superhero I may or may not have heard of here> can save the day?" Yeah, just like the other 10 movies that came out this year. Whatever.

I fear Star Wars will be given the same treatment; death by drowning. So many films that we start to ignore them. "I can't wait for the 2021 release of Episode 12: Chewbacca's Nephew." Just another collection of light saber duels and CGI space battles.
JVM wrote:BTW, The new Death Star, according to most rumors, is going to be a system-destroying 'Starkiller'.
Ugh, that sounds like something Michael Bay would think up. Good thing habitable star systems are a dime a dozen in a galaxy far, far away. :roll:
Seriously, that can't possibly be of significant military value. If you have a weapon powerful enough to blow up a star, then surely it's strong enough to blow up any planets or space ships or other death stars. If someone's robbing a bank, you don't destroy the entire city.

You read it! You can't unread it!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:29 pm

JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:05 am

To me, the difference between Marvel and Star Wars is huge, because Marvel was originally several different comic books that come together, cross over, and come apart, which works fine with the MCU... whereas Disney's plans for Star Wars, like the plans for Transformers at Warner Bros., are more about taking a fairly tight franchise and expanding outward.

If Marvel had made "The Avengers" before making "Iron Man", "Captain America: The First Avenger", etc. it would've been a worse movie and made less money. It worked because it was a crossover of existing films and franchises. That's something other companies aren't thinking about.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:17 am

Well I love Marvel and would eat any of that Mickey Mouse's sh*t when it comes to a Marvel movie.

Star Wars has comic books now by Marvel which is owned by Disney. I am currently reading two of them. One is Shattered Empire which is before the force awakens. Then I am reading one that is after A new hope.

Also Star Wars as had a lot of other creations like books and tapes. I think there is a lot to work off of.

Marvel is still popping out new characters or taking older ones that were never that popular and making them cool.

Some new ones are Spider Gwen and Silk. Both are like Spider-man but are new as far as I know. Silk is Cindy Moon who is a Chinese American and was bit the same day Peter was but was hidden in a secret bunker for like over ten years. Then Spider-Gwen is Gwen Stacy but she is from another dimension where she was bitten by a spider and Peter had died and not her.

Anyways there is a lot of new characters with Marvel and with the whole race-lifting that is going on like how characters are changing race and even sexual orientation it looks like characters will be completely done over. Also like Captain America, he is an old dude now but he became an Avenger with a new team recently. I believe the new Captain America is something like Sam Wilson who is black. So old characters are being replaced as well by different raced characters.

I think Star Wars will have enough to work with to keep pushing out movies and TV shows and what ever stuff they want to do to make money and make people happy. It is the fans that ask for more or none would come.

Milo I just saw this footage from the new Battlefront video game. I think you were the one talking about wanting to play it... here it is http://www.gameinformer.com/games/star_ ... lains.aspx
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:45 pm

JamesPup wrote:JJ Abrams talks about no Luke

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/jj ... li=BBieTUX
JJ, you fucking tease!
:)

Perhaps I need to back off of my hard-earned cynicism of Hollywood just this once and allow myself to get excited for a movie. ;)

You read it! You can't unread it!
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:37 am

I think Marvel just f*cked up the Star Wars comics: http://www.businessinsider.com/star-war ... ife-2015-6
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:57 am

Milo, Sana Solo is still in the series and her encounter with Han and Leia is not over with. Han keeps saying he isn't married to Sana and Sana keeps saying they are. I get the feeling that they are not really married. We will have to see and I am reading this comic book so when I see this concluded I will post it here to see if Han and Sana are married which I don't think they are. Also its not like Han Solo was suppose to be a virgin or something yet its like Leia is or was after Han... funny right! Han is suppose to be a player and so this type so story is expected at least to me.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:59 am

Is Han Solo Married or Not?
Okay so Star Wars issue 11 has Solo tell or try to tell to an empty room to Leia that he had married Sana on a different planet than the one that was mentioned. Than he tells of how it was all staged to do one of his schemes he was up to. He says it had to look real and had to pretty much be ... but is wasn't and starts to say he never actually... than he sees he is talking to an empty room. So this is more to the situation but not the end of it. I'll add more when the next issue comes out in like 3 or 4 weeks.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:06 am

So I just saw this TV commercial and speculation on the new Star Wars movie. Here it is http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/popcultu ... vi-BBmP3yi

It is a battery commercial and shows off 3-CPO's red arm which I didn't know any thing about. And also has a girl who is like Rey and she uses force powers and has a lightsaber. So people are wondering if this is saying that Rey is really a Jedi and that also I think that this may point to also that Rey is a sister to another character in the movie because in the commercial the girl has a brother. I guess we will have to wait and see.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri Nov 06, 2015 6:57 pm

I just saw this news story http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/ne ... li=AAa0dzB

It has a Japanese trailer to the movie that has a few new scenes and adds some new insight into the way The Force Awakens will go. It looks like Ren will be hunting down Rey and that Rey is looking for her family.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:20 am

I just recently got around to watching Star Wars Rebels. It's an animated television series that regularly airs on Disney XD and was apparently made by the same team that developed Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I had heard about it, but hadn't gotten around to sitting down and watching it until now. In fact, I bench-watched the entire series from Spark of Rebellion to Brothers of the Broken Horn. What do I think of the series? Well, I enjoyed it. :)
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:16 pm

Here is a link to a site with some new footage from the new The Force Awakens and opinion http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/st ... li=AAa0dzB
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:11 am

So, anybody have a comment on the rumor that's blowing up one internet about Jar Jar possibly being a Sith Lord, possibly Supreme Leader Snoke?

https://www.reddit.com/comments/3qvj6w/
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:46 am

I haven't heard anything about Jar Jar Binks being in any of the up and coming movies.

So I just finished Star Wars issue 12 and Sana admits after Leia saved her life that the whole marriage thing was a scam and that she was only after Han because he didn't give Sana her cut. So I guess that article you read Milo was too early of a speculation to take seriously.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”