Ireland Votes to Approve Gay Marriage

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

JamesPup

Ireland Votes to Approve Gay Marriage

Postby JamesPup » Sun May 24, 2015 12:50 am

So Ireland is now a country that allows gay marriage. So lets all wish those Irish a 'Happy Saint homosexuals Day'! Congratulations Ireland for being real gay. If only the US would be so gay. The news was full of Irish lesbians which was nice to see. I wonder when the priests will start rejecting doing marriages for gays though? Just because it is legal doesn't mean that people will still read them marriage vows.

Either way it is nice to see Ireland is now a really gay place. Instead of famine, gay.
What seems to be the officer problem?
agent-FSS

Re: Ireland Votes to Approve Gay Marriage

Postby agent-FSS » Sun May 24, 2015 6:52 am

JamesPup wrote:So Ireland is now a country that allows gay marriage. So lets all wish those Irish a 'Happy Saint homosexuals Day'! Congratulations Ireland for being real gay. If only the US would be so gay. The news was full of Irish lesbians which was nice to see. I wonder when the priests will start rejecting doing marriages for gays though? Just because it is legal doesn't mean that people will still read them marriage vows.

Either way it is nice to see Ireland is now a really gay place. Instead of famine, gay.
I don't think that Ireland need congratulations. And I don't understand why make a big deal every time one of these events as something out of the ordinary. If in Ireland there is no more important problems then so be it, in the end it is the choice of the Irish themselves. When people love each other that's great.
triplemultiplex

Re: Ireland Votes to Approve Gay Marriage

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed May 27, 2015 12:59 am

Lots have countries have legalized same-sex marriage. But Ireland was the first place where it happened through popular vote, not court action or a law passed by a legislature. That's a big deal.
It's the most democratic way you can do it, man. Good on the folks in Ireland.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”