NALL! I'm calling you out! It's time to make me a mod.

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: NALL! I'm calling you out! It's time to make me a mod.

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:23 am

She hasn't been here in seven years. She really should be demodded. I never did know her name.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:45 am

I wouldn't mind it myself. I just don't feel like I"m active enough anymore to do any good on here.
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:58 am

Okay...seriously...if I was a Mod....I'd ban you again BSR. You're rude, obnoxious, and just full of sh*t. It's people like you who make this place a deterrent to some.

I wish I came here more often, While I still love South Park, I've kinda become unattached due to the fact that A) nobody is here B) I'm trying to get a good job and C) I can make excuses! :P
So yea....while I would love to be a mod....um....

What am I saying.....?? MAKE ME A MOD!! :D :assface:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:27 am

I guess I'll take names for the people who want to be mods and the forums they want to look after. I've been the only board mod, and that's worked out just fine, but if you wanna moderate the fan forums (sites, art, and fics), you can submit your name for that. Or Character Discussion. Or General Discussion. Or Off-Topic. Or Hot Topics. Or Games. You can PM me or nall your qualifications and we'll check you out.

As mods of specific forums, you should not be able to moderate any forums outside the ones you end up with.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
JVM

Postby JVM » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:46 pm

The theory from BSR seems to be the forum is inactive because of poor modship, but I find it's the opposite - the staff has declined because of a lack of activity. Message boards are on the decline throughout the internet as social media fills the niche for the casual internet-goer. Why join forums for different topics when I can just post to my Facebook profile about any topic I want?

Big-Will seems to manage things surprisingly well considering the size of the board and amount of traffic it probably gets on a daily basis. SPS is a site where a lot of people browse but few really edit or post. I see people on other sites link to or quote the wiki but very rarely do people outside the usual circle make more than a couple edits, for example.

I'll say that if the board's activity exploded and more mods were needed, I'd toss my name into the hat, but I'm comfortable as a Wiki Mod for now :)
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:38 am

Brave_Sir_Ribbit wrote:Niels just let it go it's been like ten years man.
It's people like you that are the reason I'll never have a Facebook account in my own actual name.
Hey Shane, Nall good to see your alive and well.
Nall do what's right make me a moderator I promise to only abuse my powers in moderation. Eh get it it's a play on words.
Look it time to inject a needle of adrenaline into this boards heart.
We can make this place good again all you have to do is BOlieve.
A vote for BSR means a better BBS one without Niels in it who seems to only come back whenever I return.
Nah just kidding I wouldn't f*cks with your post Niels.
Guy I'm like about to be 26 now I have no time for such childish antics.

I wonder if the towelie connection is still married on a side note.
And screw Shane's tacos, I got snozeberries.
Your disdain for me is a compliment.

Also, to address your later statement, Deanna became a mod at 13 because she was more mature at that time than you are at twice that age.

Furthermore, if it's people like me that prevent you from creating a Facebook account, either at all or under a pseudonym, then you weren't fit to be on the internet anyway. Didn't tonight's episode teach you anything?
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:04 am

I would have to say that the idea of a 13 year old girl being on a site like this is inappropriate. As Mod I would make sure to protect such little creatures and all other life. Anyways enough of bull candidate crap.

Hey Nall or anybody, when is the post discussion to Safe Space going to be up??? I am going to now have to wait till tomorrow to post about it. I wish we could just do it ourselves but I can't find where to do it.
What seems to be the officer problem?
Brave_Sir_Ribbit

Postby Brave_Sir_Ribbit » Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:18 am

Niels0827 wrote:
Brave_Sir_Ribbit wrote: Furthermore, if it's people like me that prevent you from creating a Facebook account, either at all or under a pseudonym, then you weren't fit to be on the internet anyway. Didn't tonight's episode teach you anything?
You don't get it do you, not because I'm afraid of rude comments, I've seen things on the Internet. Internet stalkers are not to be taken lightly and a pro can figure out where you were exactly when each photo was taken.
You are a stalker, as proven when every time I return so do you.
You are a freak, the sad thing is that in your mind you don't realize this, when everyone else sees it for what it is, you are a creep who has been stalking me roughly for over a decade because I pissed you off all the time when I was 14-18.
I've made numerous returns and every time you are right there.
Do you like get notified when I post.
You disappeared for years only to come back to petition my fake mod run, basically you fell for quite possibly the biggest troll I've ever accomplished.
Face it Niels, I was right then about you, and I still am right about you right now.
It'd be nice for me to return to this board at least once from a hiatus without you crawling out whatever murky dungeon you reside in, I'm just saying.
Niels I'm stoked about the way I look and actually accept negative criticism.
I don't need safe space because I am a man, however I don't need some freak like you finding out who I am and where I live, because honestly I don't feel like going to jail for putting you in the hospital.
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:00 am

Well Brave_Sir_Ribbit you shouldn't feel bullied on the internet and on a site like this. If Big-Will or the other higher ups will not help you then write the FBI! There is nothing to it and I have done it a couple of times and they really never get back to you but hey they keep that sh*t on record so if anything ever happens to you they will have that sh*t.

I don't know of previous attacks on you by Niels but I am sorry. Can't we just move on or something? I mean you both are white right? Than why fight?

Life is too short Niels to fight with Rabbit over whatever. Was it this 13 year olds love interest and look none of you dated her so who cares. You should learn that online relationships are not meant to be taken seriously and so move on.

I say Facebook sucks but it seems to comment that having one is needed on many sites. Why don't you both just chill out and have fun getting to enjoy South Park? Having hate wars is not cool.

I feel so PC but still its like lots of people on this site would rather chat hate to other members than enjoy the show. I would rather just say I am sorry for something and move on. Why don't you guys just say sorry and move on?
mo303564

Postby mo303564 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:24 am

I don't know what's up people's Asses, but Niels is NOT a stalker. There. I'll end that there, because I know him, and yea...He's just around. He's been here for what...11 years?? He just comes and goes like a boat load of people. Come during a hiatis of episodes and I doubt you'll see him as much. But he just checks in every now and then.
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Niels0827

Postby Niels0827 » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:24 am

Brave_Sir_Ribbit wrote:You don't get it do you, not because I'm afraid of rude comments, I've seen things on the Internet. Internet stalkers are not to be taken lightly and a pro can figure out where you were exactly when each photo was taken.
You are a stalker, as proven when every time I return so do you.
You are a freak, the sad thing is that in your mind you don't realize this, when everyone else sees it for what it is, you are a creep who has been stalking me roughly for over a decade because I pissed you off all the time when I was 14-18.
I've made numerous returns and every time you are right there.
Do you like get notified when I post.
You disappeared for years only to come back to petition my fake mod run, basically you fell for quite possibly the biggest troll I've ever accomplished.
Face it Niels, I was right then about you, and I still am right about you right now.
It'd be nice for me to return to this board at least once from a hiatus without you crawling out whatever murky dungeon you reside in, I'm just saying.
Niels I'm stoked about the way I look and actually accept negative criticism.
I don't need safe space because I am a man, however I don't need some freak like you finding out who I am and where I live, because honestly I don't feel like going to jail for putting you in the hospital.
You're so adorable.

I come on here whether you're present or not. I just rarely post because episodes are infrequent, my opinion on newer episodes is consistent and not worth reporting, and most people here are one-post newbies who create inane threads that get one or two replies at best. Yet, if I see you post something stupid or about me in any way, you ought to expect a response. I also have a life; two jobs and full-time enrollment at my university for my third business degree. My time is worth more than the desire to stalk you. If I were a stalker, you'd have met me by now, and your asshole would probably be twice the size it currently is.

If you paid attention to your own posts, you'd find that I often responded to any attack you made towards me months or even a year or more after it happened, simply because I don't care enough to follow your posts. I've also periodically used the board's search function to look up any post with my name so I can potentially address people who have mentioned or talked to me. If I'm "right here" every time you return, provide me with some examples, word for word, including the dates we each posted. Should you choose not to, you will admit you're incorrect by default.

You didn't piss me off when you were 14-18. You pissed everyone off. Nobody likes you. You're the self-described BBS asshole for a reason. This wasn't a fake petition to make you a mod. You were serious about it until you began to understand the lack of support you'd have. You created a thread just to say "just kidding" later. And if you really are joking, and this is your idea of trolling, nobody's laughing.

Your grammar is also fucking horrible. An impoverished Eritrean child could do better. Have your parents get a refund from whatever school you went to.
JamesPup wrote:I don't know of previous attacks on you by Niels but I am sorry. Can't we just move on or something? I mean you both are white right? Than why fight?

Life is too short Niels to fight with Rabbit over whatever. Was it this 13 year olds love interest and look none of you dated her so who cares. You should learn that online relationships are not meant to be taken seriously and so move on.
I'm sorry...who are you?

We're both white? The fuck does that have to do with anything? Am I not supposed to be friends with Hispanics, Asians, or blacks? I'm hoping that was just a poorly-chosen figure of speech attempting to get us to reconcile our differences, but correct me if I'm wrong, because I find it to be utterly tacky.

This is not a hate war. While BSR is blowing through his mood swings - from "make me a mod!" to "I hate you" to "nah i don't hate you" to "you're stalking me!", I'm sitting in front of my screen with a fat smirk on my face, almost giggling like a schoolgirl, knowing it takes almost no effort on my part to give this guy such a rise.

And finally, who the fuck said anything about a love interest?
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:35 pm

Niels0827 I am just another poster. I guess you don’t care that you and Rabbit are white. That is fine, I really just wanted you two too get along. I guess I am tacky.

I really can’t remember you or Rabbit much and I doubt many would remember me much either. I’m not sure if it is all Rabbit. Can’t we just try to get along with other posters? If they attack or say something about you than fine but I don’t think Rabbit mentioned you this time and you just came in to argue with him.

Also I just thought it was funny that there would have been a love interest. Because this 13 year old girl was mentioned than it feels right to me that other teens which both of you were would have at least considered dating her or something.

So what the hell was it that got Rabbit and Niels to fight with each other so much? Did someone say something stupid and then the other commented on it and it got blown up?

I see to just leave this all alone and so I am sorry for trying to resolve the situation or whatever I did. I was one sided anyways. I’ll just stay out of it.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:45 pm

From my memory, they both have/had an abrupt way about themselves so it was inevitable they would become "rivals". Especially as teenagers.

This back and forth makes me nostalgic for those days when 3 pages of comments would be made about a new episode between its east coast and west coast premier.

James, I have to laugh at the way you addressed BSR because I think I remember making the same mistake a decade ago. It's Brave Sir Ribbit; as in the sound a frog makes.

You read it! You can't unread it!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat Oct 24, 2015 4:54 pm

I’m sorry SBR I did think that you had a rabbit name. I see that it is about frogs. My mistake. I am going to stay out of Niels and SBR’s fights as I don’t see where it is going. They don’t seem to have anything to argue about too. I don’t think it will matter who is a Mod. If SBR is you it will not affect anyone unless you are about making new accounts all the time and he discriminates against you and will not approve of your beginning posts.

I’m sorry Triplemultiplex that you don’t like Right Wingers and Republicans. I know politics are a fun issue to discuss with people. I hope we can all have our own opinions and still get along yet be able to chat with each other about our views and thoughts and not take things too seriously when we disagree.

Still no one should feel threated on the internet so I hope that doesn't happen and we can understand to make people feel safe to share their thoughts and feelings without being attacked.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:36 pm

JamesPup wrote:I’m sorry Triplemultiplex that you don’t like Right Wingers and Republicans. I know politics are a fun issue to discuss with people. I hope we can all have our own opinions and still get along yet be able to chat with each other about our views and thoughts and not take things too seriously when we disagree.

Still no one should feel threated on the internet so I hope that doesn't happen and we can understand to make people feel safe to share their thoughts and feelings without being attacked.

Right on, brother.
I try not to make it personal, but I'm only human and sometimes I come off like an arrogant jerk. Just ask M00ndragon69, if she ever sticks her head in here again (probably been at least two season, tho). She called me out once and I think much of what she said was valid.

My intent is always to further the discussion while still making my opinions known. To that end, I've tried to ween myself off of using the "royal you"; the way we tend to use the pronoun "you" to mean anybody instead of a specific person. But it's hard. I just failed earlier today still.

I find discussing politics and stuff in this format to be more interesting because I have a better ability to articulate my thoughts compared to a chat with an IRL friend. Speaking in normal conversation happens too quickly to form really good sentences. And you can't review the paragraph before submitting. On the plus side, there's no spelling or punctuation.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”