Donald J. Trump Presidency Discussion Thread

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

Alex Shir

Re: Donald J. Trump Presidency Discussion Thread

Postby Alex Shir » Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:16 pm

https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasacks/p ... .hsO2QoL7q

Holy crap!
Trump really takes jobs from Trey & Matt. Bastard! :)
Sorry for my bad English, guys. It's not my native language.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:04 am

Here's an interesting list re: TrumpCare (Health Insurance):

Here are nine people who will lose their coverage under Trumpcare and one who won't:
1. a diabetic
2. a cancer survivor
3. an asthmatic
4. someone with allergies
5. a heart disease patient
6. an HIV/AIDS patient
7. someone with chronic lung disease
8. someone with Cystic Fibrosis
9. someone with Multiple Sclerosis
10. any member of Congress

List by:
Dr Cathleen Greenberg
Oregon Health & Science University
Residency Family Medicine
Yale University School of Medicine
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:31 am

I get it Big-Will.

So, does anyone want to take in a vicious snake?
He was a wise man who invented beer. -Plato
https://www.machiavelliannews.com/
mario88

Postby mario88 » Mon May 01, 2017 9:16 pm

JamesPolo wrote:I get it Big-Will.

So, does anyone want to take in a vicious snake?
Mr. Slave :lol:
He is the record!
mario88

Postby mario88 » Wed May 10, 2017 10:36 pm

so i've heard that trump fired some big shot at fbi and that's something unprecedented, is that correct?
He is the record!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed May 10, 2017 10:44 pm

mario88 wrote:so i've heard that trump fired some big shot at fbi and that's something unprecedented, is that correct?
Well, it might be unprecedented, but people are being reminded of Richard Nixon and the Watergate Scandal because of the way this big shot, James Comey, was fired. This makes the third politician fired by Trump while investigating him, which makes people think Trump will fire anyone who crosses him or looks too closely into his deals. Also, Trump loved Comey for going after Hillary, but began to change his mind when no charges were brought against her. Now Trump says that Comey wasn't doing his job, so he had to go.

Nixon fired the top Watergate investigator, Archibald Cox, and Nixon was impeached, which led to his resignation.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:18 pm

Well, it just happened. Yesterday Trump announced that he will pull the U.S. out of the Paris Climate Accord. Some people are rejoicing that the U.S. will get their jobs without the agreement, while environmentalists say that the U.S. will be free to pollute and destroy the environment and the earth itself. Obama also called it "an absence of American leadership". Anyways, here's The Daily Show's jab at the issue:

Trump Tells Earth to Go F*** Itself
Still the same as it ever was.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:13 pm

angeldeb82 wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:18 pm
Well, it just happened. Yesterday Trump announced that he will pull the U.S. out of the Paris Climate Accord. Some people are rejoicing that the U.S. will get their jobs without the agreement, while environmentalists say that the U.S. will be free to pollute and destroy the environment and the earth itself. Obama also called it "an absence of American leadership". Anyways, here's The Daily Show's jab at the issue:

Trump Tells Earth to Go F*** Itself
Think someone will try to assassinate him for that? If so, I do not want any part in it because I will never kill someone.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:48 pm

I think everyone loves the overall idea of the Paris Agreement. Still the US will lose a lot on this deal and that is what Trump saw and why he rejected staying in the agreement. America basically alone, would be dishing out billions of dollars to other nations to setup environmental friendly programs in these poorer nations as one negative.

I usually don’t read Breitbart but this article says it all: http://www.breitbart.com/economics/2017 ... e-accords/

I think that America and the world, should worry about the environment and global warming. Still one issue I have is wasting money. The US is in debt $20 trillion. The US has many powerplants like oil and coal plants that haven’t been used to their limit. Not using them makes building them and all the other costs that are related a big waste of money that the US would not get back, plus there is mega job loss. So, I think it is a good idea for the US to use up already sunk costs and the like. I am happy to use solar, wind, and water energy but let’s use up what we already put money into to save money. We can stop building coal plants at a high rate and try for E-Friendly power plants but still, these E-Friendly sources are weak at producing power and so nuclear power and the like, would still be needed.
SouthAl93

Postby SouthAl93 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:41 am

JamesPolo wrote:
Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:48 pm
I think everyone loves the overall idea of the Paris Agreement. Still the US will lose a lot on this deal and that is what Trump saw and why he rejected staying in the agreement. America basically alone, would be dishing out billions of dollars to other nations to setup environmental friendly programs in these poorer nations as one negative.

I usually don’t read Breitbart but this article says it all: http://www.breitbart.com/economics/2017 ... e-accords/

I think that America and the world, should worry about the environment and global warming. Still one issue I have is wasting money. The US is in debt $20 trillion. The US has many powerplants like oil and coal plants that haven’t been used to their limit. Not using them makes building them and all the other costs that are related a big waste of money that the US would not get back, plus there is mega job loss. So, I think it is a good idea for the US to use up already sunk costs and the like. I am happy to use solar, wind, and water energy but let’s use up what we already put money into to save money. We can stop building coal plants at a high rate and try for E-Friendly power plants but still, these E-Friendly sources are weak at producing power and so nuclear power and the like, would still be needed.
The next president better return to the Paris Agreement or else because Trump should be impeached for that.
South Park is way funnier than Family Guy.
Also Mr. Garrison and Donald Trump are two SEPARATE people with completely different career backgrounds.
Milo Vonnegut

Postby Milo Vonnegut » Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:47 am

These Republicans are on a warpath, what else is new?
JVM

Postby JVM » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:12 am

The U. S. debt has nothing to do with the Paris agreement. Protecting private sector energy jobs could hypothetically help the economy indirectly, but it won't pay down the public debt anymore than Walmart making extra money for a year would.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:23 am

This is going about as poorly as I would have expected.
Next he'll be taking executive action to "save jobs" in the horse and buggy industry.

A year from now, we will be nostalgic for the days when they were "only" killing net neutrality and taking away people's health insurance and backing out of international agreements and raiding social programs to give the wealthy an unneeded tax subsidy. There has not been a real crisis yet. Once that happens, I fear for the world.

You read it! You can't unread it!
mario88

Postby mario88 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:39 pm

i heard about the NBA winners Golden State Warriors refusing to meet trump with a unanimous vote. i'm pretty sure trump won't care but still, this is kind of huge.
He is the record!
JamesPolo

Postby JamesPolo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:22 am

You guys should go to this site and create an account and find out where you stand with American Politics.

http://www.isidewith.com/

I'll admit the whole quiz can take a couple of hours and you may have to look up some of the topics to answer the questions, still it is all worth it.

I'd love to hear all of your results.

Currently, I side with Donald Trump 57% of the time and side with Hillary Clinton 32% of the time. I'm side with the Working Family party 56% of the time.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”