A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

zzyzx 2

Re: Donald Trump

Postby zzyzx 2 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:43 am

mario88

Postby mario88 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:33 am

Trump thinks very highly of himself. But to be able to lose to the worst Democratic candidate of recent history, you gotta be really stupid. Literally any other Republican candidate of those who took part in primary elections would have won hands down against Hillary. I go as far as to say that any half decent human being would have won. Not only because Hillary is really, really bad, but also because a natural trend to vote for the other party after 8 years was in favour of the Republican party this time, just like it was in favour of the Democrats after bush jr.'s era.
He is the record!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:46 pm

mario88 wrote:a natural trend to vote for the other party after 8 years was in favour of the Republican party this time
The Republican Party was in power for 12 years (1981-1993), heh, and I'm pretty sure the Democratic Party will have four more years, and hopefully the Republicans will produce a better class of candidate in 2020.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:42 pm

The Republicans got the candidate they deserve. After decades of race-bating and fear mongering and making life harder for poor people, it was inevitable they would end up with a pompous rich-ass son of a bitch like Trump spouting off all this fascist bullsh*t and calling people names like a middle school bully. This is what happens when you keep appealing to the lowest common denominator and scare people into voting for you based on their primitive fears of "others".

The Republicans say they learned a lesson after '08, but clearly they did not. And I have no reason to believe they will learn the correct lesson this time either. They can blame the entire thing on Trump and not have a second look at the way most of their candidates campaign. Their next nominee will probably be just as much of a prick as Trump.

They will keep gerrymandering themselves into 'safe' districts that push legislators further and further to the right and make getting anything done for the people nearly impossible. Then they turn around and say, "See, government doesn't work!" Yeah, it doesn't work because you don't want it to, so if you're in charge of it, you don't do your f*cking jobs.

You read it! You can't unread it!
MarlenaWatches

Postby MarlenaWatches » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:48 am

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:16 pm

Heh, drunk posting.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:45 am

JVM

Postby JVM » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:21 am

That would be an amazing day, if it ever happens. I think Ross Perot was the 3rd-party candidate that got closest to being elected President, but that was 24 years ago.

Theodore Roosevelt was the Progressive Party candidate in 1912, but he had already been President from 1901 to 1909, so he doesn't count.
It depends on how we define coming closest. Ross Perot did very well in the popular vote for an independent, but he didn't win any electoral votes. George Wallace won a number of electoral votes in 1968, but his support was highly concentrated in the Confederacy. Some would say Wallace came closer, others Perot. I would certainly call Perot the last significant third-party candidate. Buchanan and Nader destroyed hope for third parties quite a bit, by Buchanan derailing Reform when it still had legs and Nader by being misblamed for Gore's loss.

Still, I'm expecting record popular vote totals for Johnson/Weld and Stein.
South Park is a platform for Matt and Trey's social commentary and satire; there is no canon and these characters only serve as tools for self-expression. Don't get attached.
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:21 am

Trump proposes fixing the country's infrastructure by $1 Trillion Dollars, and not at the taxpayers, or government's expense.

http://www.denverpost.com/2016/10/27/tr ... -for-free/
mario88

Postby mario88 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:28 pm

what do the flag of south park and donald trump have in common? they both are supported by these gentlemen:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... president/ :mrgreen:
He is the record!
JamesPup

Postby JamesPup » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:54 pm

I'd say the election looks like this rate now. http://www.270towin.com/

Colorado and Florida have voted for each party equally in the last 6 elections. Nevada has it 4 to 6 in favor of the Democrats.

If things go the way I see them Nevada and Colorado will be inconsequential. The whole election will be riding on Florida like with Bush V Gore.
What seems to be the officer problem?
zzyzx 2

Re: President-elect Donald Trump

Postby zzyzx 2 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:50 pm

angeldeb82

Postby angeldeb82 » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:47 pm

So it seems that the "prediction" of Dan Greaney and the creators of The Simpsons in the episode "Bart to the Future" became true after all! Scary! :cartmanscared:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... ld-9230649
Still the same as it ever was.
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:56 pm

angeldeb82 wrote:So it seems that the "prediction" of Dan Greaney and the creators of The Simpsons in the episode "Bart to the Future" became true after all! Scary! :cartmanscared:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... ld-9230649
I guess that means Elizabeth Warren is Lisa Simpson.

Yeah, I see the resemblance.

You read it! You can't unread it!
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:32 am

Here's a former liberal making some interesting points:

(Running Time: 4:16):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk8DDFE8v3I

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”