Nativity scene on storefront of Tenn. McDonald's goes viral

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

angeldeb82

Nativity scene on storefront of Tenn. McDonald's goes viral

Postby angeldeb82 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:19 am

I suppose this will give even McDonald's customers a reason to rejoice in the holiday season. :cartmansmile:

http://fox17.com/news/local/nativity-sc ... ral?sfsdkj
Still the same as it ever was.
Niels0827

Re: Nativity scene on storefront of Tenn. McDonald's goes viral

Postby Niels0827 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:03 am

This is supposed to make people rejoice? How?

Okay, so it's smack dab in the middle of the corrupt and impoverished Bible Belt. And as a private business, they're allowed to do this. But does your average southerner start having a better day the moment they see something they already believe in plastered onto the windows of a cheap, greasy fast food joint? Or do they think your average joe driving by will take a gander at a burger pit with a nativity scene and think to himself "Hey...that's cool! I'm Christian now!"

Is it worth alienating potential customers and turning them away for good over just keeping that private shit to yourself? The select few that would "rejoice" over something this paltry are those who are so insecure in their beliefs because they ONLY feel validated when they see support from others. If you believe so strongly, why does this make you so happy?

I'm not saying this because I don't believe in that crap. I'm saying this because I don't get it. It's equally stupid to put pro-Jewish, pro-atheist, pro-Islam, or pro-Hindu messages on your establishment that has no business in religion. McDonald's is not a church. It's a slimy obesity factory. What's more Christian than a fuckin' Quarter Pounder with cheese?

Oh, and of course FOX News would report this. Anyone who cites or links their work loses all credibility.
triplemultiplex

Re: Nativity scene on storefront of Tenn. McDonald's goes viral

Postby triplemultiplex » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:34 pm

Local FOX affiliates can be owned by a wide variety of regional media companies just like affiliates of the other broadcast networks (CBS, ABC, NBC, etc). Very few are directly owned by NewsCorps. That was a locally produced news story (well, fluff-piece), and not a product of FOX Noise.
As a huge lefty, it bothers the sh*t out of me when people conflate local FOX affiliates with FOX NEWS, NewsCorps, Rupert Murdoch, etc because that's not how television works. People who do that come across sounding stupid.

As for the Jesus McDonald's, it makes perfect sense to me. Because just like McDonald's, religion is a lot easier to swallow if you don't think about it too much.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”