How many Americans are actually preparing to move to Canada?

A General discussion about everything other than South Park

Moderator: Big-Will

mario88

How many Americans are actually preparing to move to Canada?

Postby mario88 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:34 pm

one would assume it is just a joke, and yet.... when you read that joke so many times, you start thinking that people might be really serious about it, at least some of them. I'm talking about the Americans that in the latest months have said/written they are moving to canada if trump/clinton (or in some cases, whoever of the two) wins the elections. and many billboards like the ones in the link below have appeared:

https://www.google.no/search?q=moving+t ... 0Q_AUIBigB

of course, even if it this true, it can only be a small number of people, but still, i am very curious about it: that you guys know of, are there Americans who are ACTUALLY planning on moving to canada because of the candidates for presidency? and if it is the case, is there an estimate number?
He is the record!
JamesPup

Re: How many Americans are actually preparing to move to Canada?

Postby JamesPup » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:01 am

There are many celebrities that have said they will leave the USA if Trump becomes president. I didn't hear people that upset over Hillary before. Here are some of the celebrities Rosie O’Donnell, Cher, Eddie Griffin, Barry Diller, Samuel L. Jackson, Jon Stewart, Omari Hardwick, and Katie Hopkins.
What seems to be the officer problem?
zzyzx 2

Postby zzyzx 2 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:10 am

Not me. I like California 8)
triplemultiplex

Postby triplemultiplex » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:49 am

I find myself in the US outpost/reality show manufacturing territory of Alaska at present and will need to drive a vehicle back down to the lower 48 in the next week or two. Less than a month out from the election, it's more than a passing thought for me to just stop somewhere along the way. Like permanently.

But I guess I know I don't really have intention of doing that. At least as things stand now. I still have my loyalties.
On the outside chance America is subjected to the kind of large scale terrorist attack that will scare enough stupid rubes into voting for High Chancellor Trump as America's final President while I am traversing the breadth of Canada, I will recalculate. Again, it doesn't seem likely but not as unlikely as I wish it was.

Do note that I am not happy about voting for a candidate out of fear of the other candidate. But in this case, objective reality strongly indicates 2016 is different.

You read it! You can't unread it!

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”