Allabout-SP.net formerly Allaboutsouthpark

Have a fan site? Post it here!

Moderator: Big-Will

Cartman_91

Postby Cartman_91 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:06 pm

o0o0 That Knixfan he is gonna get it.
KennyDiesForever

Postby KennyDiesForever » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:37 pm

I never game anyone my password!!! I think they keylogged me!!!!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:53 pm

KennyDiesForever wrote:I never game anyone my password!!! I think they keylogged me!!!!

That's only possible if they got a keylogger onto your computer, and if they know whose computer to target. Someone you trust has betrayed you.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
KennyDiesForever

Postby KennyDiesForever » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:35 pm

OMFG! My younger sister comes home from school and tells me she gave someone a pass for "something." Obviously we know what the something is. :x :(
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:32 pm

And how is it that she knew your password??? Stuff like that shouldn't be floating around where someone else could see it and give it to someone else.

Aimsireil

Postby Aimsireil » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:33 am

Yesterday, on January 23rd, 2007, at approx California time, AASPforum.com was simply a message of apology from the administrator, DCR, who was trying to fix everything up. I was not able to copy and post that message here.

Today the 24th, a much more simplified version of the forum "My Category", "My Forum") was online, with one topic. DCR explained that the simple forum is not permenant, and everything should be fixed soon. Here's a picture of what the index looks like:

...Whoops, too late. New message is up:

AASPforum.com at Jan 25 2007 at 8:32 PM wrote:
Search Member List CalendarChat Help

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current time: 01-25-2007, 02:31 PM | Shoutbox Hello There, Guest! (Login — Register)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Forums / Board Message

(Yellow Alert - Caution) Emergency Message System
Merry Christmas
From AllAbout-SP.net

- EMS Created by Nitemare

Forums
This bulletin board is currently closed. The Administrator has specified the reason as to why below.
These forums are currently closed for maintenance. Please check back later.

Contact Us | Your Website | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication

Powered By MyBB
Copyright © 2002-2007 MyBB Group

The one topic appeared to be old, actually, although the newer posts were discussing the hack of the main forum. Here's hoping that everything turns out alright. :tp:

Also, I haven't noticed anything wrong with the actual site.
-----
Dude Cartman Rocks

Postby Dude Cartman Rocks » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:38 am

Well, I've been trying to upload the backed up MySQL databse I had, but it's being a bitch. Hopefully I'll get it to work, and thanks for the support ;)
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:41 am

Did you try using the Database Maintenance tools in MyBB? Or better yet, phpMyAdmin?
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Dude Cartman Rocks

Postby Dude Cartman Rocks » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:42 am

Yes, I'm working with professional MyBB users, and I'm following what they tell me to do, so hopefuly it will be fixed soon.
Dude Cartman Rocks

Postby Dude Cartman Rocks » Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:55 pm

Fixed :D I manage to work out the SQL Databse, and it all works now :P
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:11 pm

I don't know about you, but any method used to get a password that isn't yours and then using that password to get to places you shouldn't be in and wreaking havoc there is a hack, so KennyDiesForever's sister made a big mistake by giving out a passward that isn't hers, and the people who got it hacked the forum. You can explain it away as "an incident," but it was a f*cking hack!

Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 9:45 pm

The way I’ve always seen it, hacking is something of a D.I.Y. nature, where you use semi-simple or complicated means of retrieving account info by exploiting weaknesses within a system. It’s not really “hacking” if you already had the person’s password or got the password from someone else or were removed from admin duties but the root password to something like the FTP was never changed, I’d just refer to that as a “hostile takeover using the laziest means available”. However, if you were to use cracking methods (such as dictionary/brute force attacks, or other means like cookie capturing) to retrieve a password to get into a system, that can totally be referred to as hacking. I guess you can also call it hacking if you were to use things like configuration files to figure out other passwords (like databases) and then upload software to exploit them. That can also be referred to as hacking, but not at a cracking level. Again, D.I.Y. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:36 am

HACK HACK HACK! No lofty "hostile takeover using the laziest means available" for me. What you call hacking, I call cracking, as in, to crack a safe. Cracking IS something you do yourself, hacking is something you do with or without assistance, but without authorization.

Jay C

Postby Jay C » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:33 am

TheSkorm was a former member of AASP... and I believe JailBait's a regular 4chann'r and Seeker... I'm not too sure of that, though.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:48 am

Jay C wrote:JailBait's a regular 4chann'r...

Me too, but I hardly post there. Now I can watch out for JailBait. :lol:

Return to “Fan Sites”