About fan sites content

Have a fan site? Post it here!

Moderator: Big-Will

Quintuplets_Father

About fan sites content

Postby Quintuplets_Father » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:21 am

I would like to know what kind of materials can be used on a South Park fan's website? is it ok to use official graphics, snapshots, cut scenes, soundtracks? what about custom stuff created by users about SP? I would like to have a list of my favourites lines/scenes (short clips), am i allowed to post such thing there? i am not talking about posting full episodes, my guess is that it's out of the question, but any related details are welcome..

If i decide to make such a website it won't be a copycat of any of the existing ones, i see no point in that.. so i am not going to make a new southparkstudios.com, also not focused on streaming videos.

so, where is the line crossed?
and btw: i broke the dam...
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: About fan sites content

Postby Big-Will » Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:49 am

You can use anything you want from here as long as you give credit to the site and not say that it's yours.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Quintuplets_Father

Postby Quintuplets_Father » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:25 pm

Naturally.

Would that work also for my list of cutscenes? like some sort of presentation of the most "delicious" or important lines from the history of South Park, as seen through my eyes.. i think some people don't like SP because they didn't have the opportunity to understand what SP is all about; for example, a friend of mine told me he dislikes SP due to some scene he saw once (once uppon a time), scene that i couldn't find in any episode, movie, bonus clips etc... .. in a way, that's the kind of problem i try to fix.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:08 pm

Anything. But what could you not find that made your friend hate SP? I mean, if you've looked through the movie and every episode, bonus clip, etc. and couldn't find the scene your friend hated, it either doesn't exist or it came from someone's fan video.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Quintuplets_Father

Postby Quintuplets_Father » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:41 pm

yes.. my guess is also that the clip was made by a "fan" that didn't realy understand what SP is about, i personally didn't see it, i was only told about.. but i can say it had nothing to do with SP spirit..

thanks for the answers.

Return to “Fan Sites”