Slipknot VS. Korn

Have a poll? Post it here, and keep all the other forums clean of tons of poll threads!

Moderator: Big-Will

Who's Better

Korn
42%
Slipknot
36%
I can't choose
22%

Total votes: 59
kennyrox789

Postby kennyrox789 » Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:17 am

dude slipknot is awesome korns good too but i like slipknot more :twisted:
hollywoodbabylon

Postby hollywoodbabylon » Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:23 am

jaydawGtwo04 wrote:I like KoRn but Slipknot is better. Not just because of the way the sound but musicly. Like they have the best drummer in Nu Metal. And great guitarist. I mean don't get me wrong I love KoRn. But I like Slipknot way more. Slipknot is my favorite band. People don't like Slipknot cause of their masks. Well f*ck them. This is my opinion though.

I'm going to give you a lesson on whom is better. Korn is. Want to know why? Because their guitarists are more talented and do not steal other bands guitar riffs. Take a look at Slipknot's Duality, and go listen to the end of Korn's Predictable and see if you hear the same guitar riff. Now Korn's Predictable came out in '92 on their demo Nediemeyer's mind. Now the whole thing about the drummer for Slipknot, he should of stayed the guitarist for Murderdolls. All he does is alot of double bass, and speed drumming, which is the most annoying kind of drumming out there. David of Korn has been doing drums for a long ass time without the double bass and speed drumming and it actually sounds better compared to Joey Jordison's drumming. Slipknot's guitarist is just a rip off artist, all he does it takes Korn's guitar and distorts and changes up the guitar notes a little bit so it won't be the exact same. Corey Taylor cannot sing worth sh*t either, all he ever does is scream and has horrible lyrics at that. At the end of the first Slipknot CD he tries to copy what Jonathan Davis has did at the end of Daddy and Kill You. He cries. What for? The song has no real meaning and all it is, is screaming. Screaming the whole song is pointless. So as you can see Slipknot are talentless rip offs. Want to know where they got the idea to wear masks and jumpsuits from? Mushroomhead. Don't say Mushroomhead has not been around that long, but they have they have been around ALOT longer than Slipknot, all Slipknot is doing is riding off the fame of other bands that are actually talented and can actually do their own music. So do you get my point? Slipknot sucks and will never compare to Korn.
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:51 pm

Slipknot is so overrated. Korn's songs are all about the same thing, but they're still a great band. I still can't believe Head left, even though that was over a year ago.
As enjoyable as abuse.
carlogz

Postby carlogz » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:26 pm

hollywoodbabylon wrote:
jaydawGtwo04 wrote:I like KoRn but Slipknot is better. Not just because of the way the sound but musicly. Like they have the best drummer in Nu Metal. And great guitarist. I mean don't get me wrong I love KoRn. But I like Slipknot way more. Slipknot is my favorite band. People don't like Slipknot cause of their masks. Well f*ck them. This is my opinion though.

I'm going to give you a lesson on whom is better. Korn is. Want to know why? Because their guitarists are more talented and do not steal other bands guitar riffs. Take a look at Slipknot's Duality, and go listen to the end of Korn's Predictable and see if you hear the same guitar riff. Now Korn's Predictable came out in '92 on their demo Nediemeyer's mind. Now the whole thing about the drummer for Slipknot, he should of stayed the guitarist for Murderdolls. All he does is alot of double bass, and speed drumming, which is the most annoying kind of drumming out there. David of Korn has been doing drums for a long ass time without the double bass and speed drumming and it actually sounds better compared to Joey Jordison's drumming. Slipknot's guitarist is just a rip off artist, all he does it takes Korn's guitar and distorts and changes up the guitar notes a little bit so it won't be the exact same. Corey Taylor cannot sing worth sh*t either, all he ever does is scream and has horrible lyrics at that. At the end of the first Slipknot CD he tries to copy what Jonathan Davis has did at the end of Daddy and Kill You. He cries. What for? The song has no real meaning and all it is, is screaming. Screaming the whole song is pointless. So as you can see Slipknot are talentless rip offs. Want to know where they got the idea to wear masks and jumpsuits from? Mushroomhead. Don't say Mushroomhead has not been around that long, but they have they have been around ALOT longer than Slipknot, all Slipknot is doing is riding off the fame of other bands that are actually talented and can actually do their own music. So do you get my point? Slipknot sucks and will never compare to Korn.

Joey Jordison is a much more talented Drummer than David Silveria no doubt. I dont think you have seen a lot of Slipknot Concerts and Videos to say that because that is not the only thing that Joey Jordison cant do, It is just a prefered style for Slipknot but when he guests on different bands, he can pull of any type of beat than Silveria can. Watch Enter Sandman with Joey, it' s not even close to speed drumming. Slipknot also doesnt take riffs and change notes (a little bit in your own words), if you play the guitar, you would know that they are completely different. I dont think you have ever heard of the Band Stone Sour. This is the Band of Corey Taylor and James Root. Both off Slipknot, and both very talented. Listen to it, it's not metal, it's plain rock, you will hear the real sound of Corey Taylor singing. Masks are gimmick just like bowl hair cuts, face paints, frizzy hair, and performing on all black but between Mushroomhead and Slipknot? who do you think became more greater and more sucessful? It's obviously Slipknot!

Korn no doubt is a great band and i choose them than Slipknot in a very hard decision because in real life they are a tie for me.

I only made out the points above to make you realize that Slipknot is not a ripoff and is definately the same, if not possibly better than Korn. Pending on people's tastes
carlogz

Postby carlogz » Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:42 pm

oh and when you said slipknot ripping off songs

keep in mind

Korn ripped off Queen's We Will Rock You on Coming Undone
thrashmaniac87

Postby thrashmaniac87 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 6:47 am

Both bands suck and are a disgrace to heavy metal.
Shpadoinkel!!!
thrashmaniac87

Postby thrashmaniac87 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:09 am

Both bands suck and are a disgrace to heavy metal.
Shpadoinkel!!!
666LeftBehind666

Postby 666LeftBehind666 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:36 am

ok for those people who say slipknot sounds the same ... compare:

"Pulse of the Maggots" to "Before I Forget"

"Opium of the People" to "Left Behind"

"Wait and Bleed" to "Duality"

don't get me wrong KoRn was good but now of days i personally think they have slipped ... KoRn has more songs sounding the same than slipknot does

and Korn has done a remake and Slipknot hasn't
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:19 am

I’ve stated my opinion on Korn before, but I may as well state it again since this thing has been bumped and I haven’t posted in it. :P

I am able to listen to Korn more than I am able to listen to Slipknot, but that’s probably because Korn was able to change their sound over the years, where I don’t think Slipknot has, making Korn more listenable, and more interesting. Korn’s older stuff is ok, but I like their newer experimental/melodic pieces from Issues, Untouchables and See You On The Other Side. That’s not to say all of their old stuff sucks, there are a good few that I like, but they definitely are few in number, as Life is Peachy and Follow The Leader were part of Korn’s wigger period.

So yes, I prefer Korn over Slipknot.
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
NeoZ

Postby NeoZ » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:45 pm

Erhhh... Okey, now look, everyone has their own taste of music are free to listen to what they want, whenever they want and it doesnt feel good at all when some one comes and insults you telling you that "Oh, my god that band sucks", me myself is a huge SlipKnoT fan, i know almost eveything about em but i am also alot into KoRn. Maybe SlipKnoT copies from other bands maybe not... Maybe it is KoRn. I havent been into SlipKnoT so much since i got to know about StoneSour which is a little more melodic then SlipKnoT. :D I say they are both great, great, great band's!
Do i sound like and idiot to you?
lil kenny

Postby lil kenny » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:43 pm

i cant really choose because ive never heard either of there songs, but i have heard of em. anyone recommend a good song from either?
DemonicStanley wrote:wendy likes black mans cock now..
love*metal

Postby love*metal » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:02 pm

lil kenny wrote:i cant really choose because ive never heard either of there songs, but i have heard of em. anyone recommend a good song from either?

I'd recommend.....
Slipknot - Vermilion
KoRn - Freak on a Leash
lil kenny

Postby lil kenny » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:11 pm

i heard them both and...
Slipknot isnt that bad.
Korn one isnt too bad either.

but slipknot was a lil better
DemonicStanley wrote:wendy likes black mans cock now..
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:51 pm

I don't like either that much, but I'd have to say Slipknot.
Mr_Jefferson_killed_Kenny

Postby Mr_Jefferson_killed_Kenny » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:40 pm

They're both pretty good, but I'm gonna have to go with Korn.

I myself prefer the more heavy stuff like Cradle of Filth, Lamb of God, In Flames. Those bands rock.

If you want to hear good music listen to them or Slayer, System of a Down, Nirvana, The Cure, Evanescence, Avenged Sevenfold, Bad Religion...

They're not all metal though, if that's the only thing you're into

Return to “Polls”