DO YOU HATE WALMART???!?!?!!!!

Have a poll? Post it here, and keep all the other forums clean of tons of poll threads!

Moderator: Big-Will

Do you hate Walmart?

YES!
40%
NO
30%
don't really care much
30%

Total votes: 100
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Fri May 25, 2007 2:25 pm

krunchyfrogg wrote:All of these retarded protestors make me want to go to walmart more.

What makes them retarded?
Last edited by Cartman's Top Enemy on Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby 203177 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:59 am

i don't mind it but the walmart where i live is very sh*tty. :evil:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:23 pm

I am now officailly pissed at these hippie protesters!

They were planning to build up to 6 more "Super Centers" in and around my home town of Stockton. An me, being like Cartman, loved the idea. But noooooooo! Basterds that don't even live within city limits protested. (They should have no say-so, they live in a damn sub-city of Stockton, Weston Ranch!) There "new and charming" hood wants to ban Wal*Mart. And they won!

Story here.
http://cbs13.com/topstories/local_story_227105008.html
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Edduyasha

Postby Edduyasha » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:25 pm

Well, yeah I hate it. It smells like...I dunno...rotting bodies in all the ones around my house (yes, there are 3 f*cking Wal-Mart stores near my house). The only reason I have to go there is that my family's on the poorer side of the economic spectrum and we can't really afford much from the other stores. I try voicing my opinion to my mom, but all she cares about is "it's cheaper there". The quality is way lower (heck, the only things that were actually good from Wal-Mart was the fruit we get there and the one South Park shirt I got for $5), and it's in the ghetto, so people are always on edge when I'm around (I'm prone to fighting)...Gawd, I hate that Wal-Mart smell...

Now, that brings me to my crazy political side of things. I'm not into the corporate machine taking over the smaller (and more intresting shops) in the artsy district in my town... I know this sounds like I ripped it from the Wal-Mart episode of South Park, but truthfully, I've had this mindset ever since I was a little kid. I think it was my upbringing in New York City, where Wal-Mart was (and still is) hard to find there. I was raised on buying from the little vendors in Chinatown and small shops in Mid/Downtown Manhattan/Brooklyn/Queens, so that may be a major influence on my very strong opinions...

But, I digress. I'm just not into big chain stores and stuff, I'm more of the self-sufficient/little artsy store types...
Goodbye, cruel world...
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye...

Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind...
Goodbye...

- Pink Floyd (The Wall, 1979)
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:58 pm

No, I don't hate it. The Wal-Mart here is actually pretty nice. Good prices for almost everything you need, including groceries now. I like it. (I probably sound really poor right now.)
soulsforsale5s

Postby soulsforsale5s » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:14 pm

Actually, where I live (Charlotte), there are a bunch of Wal-Marts, and they're brand new (along with everything else lol), and thus are actually quite nice. Also, there are many Targets/K-Marts etc too. But there are many small, mom and pop stores too.
"If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, set them on fire."
- George Carlin
soulsforsale5s

Postby soulsforsale5s » Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:15 pm

But my family is rich, so it doesn't really matter lol
"If you love someone, set them free. If they come back, set them on fire."
- George Carlin
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:39 pm

You guys don't seem to get the gravity of my situation though.....

They banned all the new "Super Centers" from opening in Stockton. (Where I'm from.)

They were plannig to build 6, thats right, I said 6 "Super Centers" in the Stockton area. But those hippies banned them on a 6-1 vote.

I'm so mad! They just want to halt all of this cities progress. Stockton is the 2nd highest place in the country to get your car stolen, and Wal*Mart would have gave out more jobs with a parking lot with patrol. Ok people. fine, shop at a target and come out to see your car stolen! :x
Cartman's Top Enemy

Postby Cartman's Top Enemy » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:35 pm

gtaca2005 wrote:You guys don't seem to get the gravity of my situation though.....

They banned all the new "Super Centers" from opening in Stockton. (Where I'm from.)

They were plannig to build 6, thats right, I said 6 "Super Centers" in the Stockton area. But those hippies banned them on a 6-1 vote.

I'm so mad! They just want to halt all of this cities progress. Stockton is the 2nd highest place in the country to get your car stolen, and Wal*Mart would have gave out more jobs with a parking lot with patrol. Ok people. fine, shop at a target and come out to see your car stolen! :x

Is destroying the city's economy progress? Wal-Mart's presence will actually hurt your town. They cuts deals with small towns with promises of jobs if they can get subsidies. They draws customers away from local merchants and crushes them. The low wages they pay their employees decline the town's buying power and the health plans they offer their employees has such high premiums and deductibles that some employess have to go onto public assistance to get the coverage they need. They burden the town's infrastructure, with unmanageable vehicle traffic and its excessive energy usage. After all of that is done and once those subsidies dry up and it's time for them to pay taxes, they skip to another community, leaving a a useless, over sized warehouse that only a few retail chains could use, but don't, give what has happened to that town's economy.

http://www.wakeupwalmart.com/facts/#community

http://walmartwatch.com/issues/community_impact/
His attack, his goading and his quick departure from the discussion...clearly demonstrates that [Mr.Hat_DX27], like Stovepipe_Jam, Killahertz9, TheTowlieConnection and others before him, has no integrity.
gtaca2005

Re: DO YOU HATE WALMART???!?!?!!!!

Postby gtaca2005 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:19 am

Well I really wanted those 6 Wal*Marts in my "metro" area. :cry:
TheMartiangirl

Postby TheMartiangirl » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:36 pm

Must buy from wal-mart...such low prices..you guys go on without me...must buy these magizines... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lol, I love that episode :D
But siriously, Wal-Mart is good for dirt-poor people like me. :unhoodedkenny: :zombiekenny:
Though i'm not a crazy buyier like Cartman or Randy, siriously :lol:
aparsons

Postby aparsons » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:09 pm

I actually work at one of those neighborhood markets and the place itself is pretty cool, i just hate being a f*cking cashier. The supercenters around here vary in availability of whatever you're looking for. It has to be the right place. It usually has the best price for movie and sh*t like that.
Favorite Character: Kyle
Favorite Episodes: Tsst, Tonsil Trouble, Miss Teacher Bangs a Boy
Known as kylesbigfan69 on kylefanclub.com
KrazyKenny

Postby KrazyKenny » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:07 am

I hate wallmart so much that every time I go there I hope and pray that during the night it BURNS TO THE f*cking GROUND! It smells like barf and is full of dumb rednecks. The only reason I go there is because it is the ONLY store that sells groceries in my town. I have actually had dreams about wallmart burning down. (I think that may be a mental problem)
To need, but not have.
http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg16 ... newsig.jpg
If life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?

when you think it can't get any worse...think again

"This makes me want to smoosh babies!"-ME
skacraze330

Postby skacraze330 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:09 am

i dont have a wal-mart where i live so i dont care. but i could see what it would do too all the small buissneses though but if WALMART began to speak to me then maybe id like walmart more :D
"Yes.......I'm a rocker" - Skylar
teh-lolrus

Postby teh-lolrus » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:26 pm

I'm not into the quality of stuff they sell at Wal-Mart, but my family shops there because of the cheap food and fabric/canvas for me. It's almost a love-hate thing; Wal-Mart has the cheapest gas (food, fabric, and canvas) in the county but the stuff there is meh in terms of quality. It's in the ghetto and it smells bad there, too.

:|

I'd rather go to the historical artsy stores across town for my art supplies, but I honestly don't have the money...
._.

Return to “Polls”