Which is better, Korn or Nirvana?

Have a poll? Post it here, and keep all the other forums clean of tons of poll threads!

Moderator: Big-Will

Which is better, Korn or Nirvana? (Should be obvious)

Nirvana
47%
Both suck.
20%
Both rock
7%
Korn (homosexual.)
25%

Total votes: 55
CarlyFanny

Postby CarlyFanny » Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:09 pm

Korn is so much better, i mean look what the group nirvana has done for us now.... It gave us the most cazy, stuipd group... EMOs and it all came from that whiny crappy music!! So korn all the way!!!!
kilkenny14

Postby kilkenny14 » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:41 pm

Nadine81 wrote:I don´t listen to Korn very much...
When I was younger, I used to listen to Nirvana quite often- especially "Nevermind" was great. And I still really enjoy listening to this music. So for me, Nirvana is definitely better :).
Moreover I think they had a greater influence on youth culture and music in general.

(Sorry guys, I overreacted. But, let's get down to buisness. *clears throat*)
THANK YOU! OMFG, THANK YOU! FINALLY! LOL, I THOUGHT NOBODY WOULD EVER SAY THAT! THANK YOU! ROTFLOLMAOMFGL! :D :D :D. By the way, f*ck YOU, CARLYFANNY! EMO, MY f*cking ASS!
DID YOU SAY SOMETHING TO ME, SCISSOR TITS?!?!?!
CarlyFanny

Postby CarlyFanny » Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:27 pm

^
Lmao true they did have a big influence, some of them good on the music world and some bad.... and the bad end of that is it started Emo music.. if i really think about it Nirvana arent that bad i used to be ok with them, listerned to a few of there songs and fought they werent that bad, but nothing amazing, its just that my hate for emo's is just way to strong lol and they're part of there creation soo...... me not likeing nirvana and if i think about it i dnt like koRn either!!
Guess its not for everyone...Sorry about the remark music's music...

I mean i listern to Drum and bass mostly now and think many ppl could take digs at that music!
"O My God It's Sooooooooooooo Big" :P
Mr. Hat_DX27

Postby Mr. Hat_DX27 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:58 pm

I personally like Korn over Nirvana. At least Korn has attempted to change their sound over time. Mind you, I’m not that into Korn’s older stuff, though some of it is ok, but most of the stuff they’ve done that has interested me was from Untouchables and See You On The Other Side. Plus you gotta give Korn credit for making a cameo appearance on SP! :P

Nirvana is ok, but they get repetitive after a while. All the songs sound pretty much the same. I don’t love ‘em, I don’t hate ‘em, they’re just one of those bands that I would listen to if one of their songs was currently playing. Nevermind was ok, but, yeah, I’ve heard “Smells Like Teen Spirit” too much back in the day. :P
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
DarkDucky

Postby DarkDucky » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:51 pm

CarlyFanny wrote:Korn is so much better, i mean look what the group nirvana has done for us now.... It gave us the most cazy, stuipd group... EMOs and it all came from that whiny crappy music!! So korn all the way!!!!

lawl, if anything, Korn is more emo than Nirvana.
[center]Image
My dA account[/center]
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:56 pm

Has Mr. Hat said, every Nirvana song sounds the same. Kurt Cobain couldn't play guitar worth sh*t as well. Korn isn't much better either.

So, both suck.
Last edited by Taranis_Music on Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
CarlyFanny

Postby CarlyFanny » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:05 am

DarkDucky wrote:
CarlyFanny wrote:Korn is so much better, i mean look what the group nirvana has done for us now.... It gave us the most cazy, stuipd group... EMOs and it all came from that whiny crappy music!! So korn all the way!!!!

lawl, if anything, Korn is more emo than Nirvana.

Hold on, im not saying that Nirvana is emo, cause emo music wasnt around then!! what i was saying that it helped start emo muisc!!

And another thing u must be on crack or somit to think that korn is emo!! wtf man!!!
Taranis_Music

Postby Taranis_Music » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:08 am

How the hell did Nirvana start Emotional Hardcore?
jawmht

Postby jawmht » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:15 am

Taranis_Music wrote:Has Mr. Hat said, every Nirvana song sounds the same. Kurt Cobain couldn't play guitar worth as well. Korn isn't much better either.

So, both suck.

Ditto. 8)
∞◄♫‼░☺♥♦ ¿Jawmht? ♣♣☺ ░‼♪►∞
CarlyFanny

Postby CarlyFanny » Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:19 am

It basicly is emo music just with out the alternative twist,
Basicly what im saying is Nirvana is grunge, grunge help with the ceation of emo music, cause its whinny and depressing and Nirvana was its biggest band so to speak so there for spung emo, wasnt till alternative rock music started comeing out that emo found its partner..
cause if u really think about most of todays music is made up of 2 or 3 old tpyes music
E.G grunge+alternative rock= EMO!!

Understand, do u agree????
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:40 am

Which is better, cow sh*t or a drunk man's vomit?

I suppose Nirvana since they're the innovator while KoRn is the imitater. Still, Nirvana innovated a genre of three-chord, crappy guitar music with pathetically written lyrics about how everything sucks, not that you can understand the lyrics considering they're being yelled incoherently in lieu of singing.
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:21 pm

No comparison. Korn is fake metal. Nirvana is legendary.

A lot of people say that Nirvana is overrated but I think Nirvana deserves the praise it gets, however other grunge bands are underrated. I realize that if Eddie Vedder killed himself instead of Kurt Cobain, Vedder would go down as the god of the 90's. Personally my favorite band is Alice in Chains but that's beside the point.
As enjoyable as abuse.
Jiggy_Y

Postby Jiggy_Y » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:46 pm

Image[/img]
CarlyFanny

Postby CarlyFanny » Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:33 pm

HAHAHA thats good!!

But with him, the car company would go bust and then he'd be sitting in the conner in the dark, cutting his wirst listerning to emo music and blameing him self for every bad thing thats happened...saying that no one likes him no more and dnt want to hang out any more, when really hes just locked him self in his own flat cause he thinks that he needs to change his life (how this helps i dont no)

And do wanna no the really sad thing. More sad than he posting this ramdom thingy, is that this sh*t is all true(well about emos) hahaha
Grizim

Postby Grizim » Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:35 am

Emo was not f*cking inspired by grunge. Both grunge and emo derived from hardcore punk, and because of that people act like Nirvana is responsible for sh*tty bands like Simple Plan. Give me a f*cking break. Nirvana's lyrics aren't whiny either.

And yes, I know Kurt Cobain wasn't a great guitarist, but he got away with it because he was such a great song writer. That's what makes him so amazing.
As enjoyable as abuse.

Return to “Polls”