Favorite type of music?

Have a poll? Post it here, and keep all the other forums clean of tons of poll threads!

Moderator: Big-Will

What is your favorite type of music?

Rock
34%
Metal
17%
Country/Folk
No votes
Pop
No votes
Hip-Hop/Rap
3%
R&B/Soul
No votes
Alternative
17%
Techno/Electronic
3%
Reggae
No votes
Other
24%

Total votes: 29
EPAF

Postby EPAF » Mon May 14, 2007 4:50 pm

66.6% of the time I listen to Rock/Indie. But I do listen to other genres of music: Metal, House, Acid, Electronica, Alternative, Punk, Ambient, Easy Listening, Jazz, Classical etc. Anything I like is worthy of a listen or two.
crazyQH wrote:Ok EPAF, I'm officially granting you the title of having the best dream ever.
O'Brien

Postby O'Brien » Tue May 15, 2007 12:29 am

Most of the music I listen to tends to be soundtracks of my favorite movies and games.

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
SuperMaids

Postby SuperMaids » Tue May 15, 2007 12:59 am

Most of the music I listen to tends to be soundtracks of my favorite movies and games.

Wow, so i'm not the onlt freak out there who likes soundtracks... i was beginning to get a bit lonely, listening to the SP movie and Mr. Hankey albums day in, day out, with the GTA albums, the Scarface soundtrack and the Silent Hill2 soundtrack (which all people need to get, if they want to know what good auchestral music is).
But i also like gregorian chanting sometimes, just whatever rocks me that day i suppose...
swellman7

Postby swellman7 » Tue May 15, 2007 1:39 am

SuperMaids wrote:

Wow, so i'm not the onlt freak out there who likes soundtracks... i was beginning to get a bit lonely, listening to the SP movie and Mr. Hankey albums day in, day out, with the GTA albums, the Scarface soundtrack and the Silent Hill2 soundtrack (which all people need to get, if they want to know what good auchestral music is).

Except for the silent hill one, all of that is great music.

I don't have any one favorite music genre. I usually just listen to whatever sounds good.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Tue May 15, 2007 6:33 am

Gah, decisions, decisions...gotta pick one...

Heckwiddit! I'm going with "Other" and say '80s music. It fits in with most genres, and I like a lot of the obscure groups, some of which are still around, surprisingly.
albino.black.sheep

Postby albino.black.sheep » Sat May 19, 2007 4:05 pm

Mostly ska, punk and metal. In that order or all at once.
Email notifications do matter, people.
OMGTKKauthoritah

Postby OMGTKKauthoritah » Sat May 19, 2007 5:27 pm

Mostly metal, but I also like normal rock.

Top bands:

1. Cannibal Corpse
2. Pantera
3. Alice in Chains
4. Metallica
5. Shinedown
6. Seether
7. Slayer
8. Dethklok
9. Suffocation
10. Necrophagist
11. Psycroptic
12. Beneath the Massacre

Honorable mentions: Nile, Death, Arsis, Goratory, Gorgasm, Severe Torture, Dying Fetus, Soundgarden, Korn
Kenny_Loves_S.O.A.D

Awesome yet Weird

Postby Kenny_Loves_S.O.A.D » Tue May 22, 2007 11:28 pm

It's awesome that Rock and Metal are the most favorite type of music, but I thought that now a days, people liked rap, hip-hop, and reggaeton more and that rock and metal fans were starting to decline.
kennysgirll

Postby kennysgirll » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:45 pm

rock rocks! :gaykenny:
:gaykenny: Cool, :assface: Kick Ass, :zombiekenny: Sweet, :unhoodedkenny: Hot, :frozenkenny: .... Timmy! :timmy:
Nommel

Postby Nommel » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:28 pm

Another genre I like is classical music (Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, etc.). In fact, I often like to base the heavy metal music I write around classical-style musical ideas. The resulting product is a genre called "neo-classical metal", which is my favorite genre of music of all. Some of the bands/artists that play this genre include:

-Norther
-Dispatched
-Children of Bodom (Old Bodom, mostly Something Wild and Hatebreeder. The new stuff's lost its classical influences)
-Yngwie Malmsteen
-Crazy Swedish
-Indicia
-Inearthed
-Kalmah

My all-time favorite classical song is "Night on Bald Mountain". For those of you who happen to watch a lot of Disney stuff, that song is used in the part near the end of "Fantasia" in the scenes with the devil dude and all the flying skeletons. It was one of the first classical songs I ever heard (My mom got me that movie when I was about 3) and I loved it.

In a related note, the main riff of one of the songs I've written, "Fortress Falls", is based on a part of "Night on Bald Mountain".
Shyamz

Favorite music...

Postby Shyamz » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:36 pm

I picked "other", because I love many, so it's a tough question for me.

But I'm a Mod, so I guess I should veer towards Soul/Mowtown.

Prince...he still rules, he's a genius.
"We have a variety of juices, some of them are quite spicy..."
Thunderhorse

Postby Thunderhorse » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:01 pm

O'Brien wrote:Most of the music I listen to tends to be soundtracks of my favorite movies and games.

Me too! Well...Video Game sound tracks at least.
Which ones?

My absolute favorite is: (You guessed it!) Guilty Gear! Image I currently have over 50 songs from the series on my iPod.

Return to “Polls”